Which class is best for PVE?

mayogirl.4160

Honestly I've been having a lot of trouble with my new Mesmer, too. I go into downed state pretty much every other fight. D: Maybe because Ive been playing Minion Reaper for a LONG time and got used to her durability. If you want survivability Id suggest Minion Reaper with Rise. Just be aware you can get very used to it, making the more glassy/dodge-dependant classes feel a lot harder.

@"mayogirl.4160" said:Hi all, I'm a lvl 80 mirage rn, and I just cannot solo pve with my current char right now. Which class/specialization would you recommend for soloing PVE? Any drawbacks of said class? Thanks!

LMAO. I just switched from Chrono to Mirage, and the Mirage is so ridiculously OP for solo PVE. I could solo champ, vets, groups of mobs simultaneously without any fear. out of all the classes I've played, Mirage is by far the most OP. enemies die so fast and i got so much evasion and damage mitigation. see this topic https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30394/open-world-domination-mirage for the topic that inspired me to change specs.

That's some kind of personal preference. I play mostly chrono mesmer in close combat with sword/sword/shield/focus and for me it's even easier to play and stay alive than an minion or valkyrie reaper. Lot's of evades, blocks and invulnerable skills make it pretty easy, even as full zerker glass cannon. Mirage is even more easier than chrono imo, but i dislike the dodge mechanik and the super flashy spinning and jumping around like a pinball playstyle.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say Reaper for PVE. (Aside from raid, they're top tier in every PVE contents and they never die too due to insanely powerful down-state life leeching)They're very powerful in fractal too. (INSANE breakbar potential and INSANE aoe cc, good aoe dm/ very tanky with full offensive gears/ /good sustain)

• 3 weeks later...

@"mayogirl.4160" said:Hi all, I'm a lvl 80 mirage rn, and I just cannot solo pve with my current char right now. Which class/specialization would you recommend for soloing PVE? Any drawbacks of said class? Thanks!

Like stated in several posts above, any class can more or less PvE pretty easy depending on build, skillful dodges and such.

If Mirage is your current main and you're having issues, shield and sword with Chronomancer makes you really "durable" even with a glasscannon build.My current build runs a blend of assassin gear and berserker for 100% crit rate with conditions met.

Use shield skill 4 with default binding twice over f.ex. longer aoe attacks and the likes, that will grant you two clones , while you wait for those to spawn, pop your sword skill 3 with default bindings for a third, then pop sword skill 2 to be untargetble while waiting for the shield clones, pop f4 default binding for even more distortion and invulnerbility, time dodges with attacks and use your f5 in correlation with these abilities and your elite timewarp for double the time distortion/invulnerbility, blocks, quickness and slows on your enemies which with the right traits grant even more crit chance etc.

Exhausted your options? Swap to Greatsword and kite while you wait for your cooldowns, use clones to tank hits for you etc.

if you want an in-depth explenation of a build like this just add me in-game and send me a mail and I could go over it with you in discord or something:)

It's not for everyone I guess, but I like hard hitting builds which feel kind of idk high risk, high reward kind of.

@Aomine.5012 said:I'd say Reaper for PVE. (Aside from raid, they're top tier in every PVE contents and they never die too due to insanely powerful down-state life leeching)They're very powerful in fractal too. (INSANE breakbar potential and INSANE aoe cc, good aoe dm/ very tanky with full offensive gears/ /good sustain)

Well, a reaper may be insanely powerful in fractals when everyone else is bad. In a competent group, other power builds wipe the floor with a reaper.

This is something I say to a lot but, there is no one true path. No one best anything. More so in PvE. There are professions and Elites that may be easier or harder to learn or master but being easy or hard doesn't always equate to best. It all basically comes down to your build and your playstyle. While it may be true that there is no one true path and no best profession it is also the case that not every profession/elite is suited for everyone. Folks can advise you on what they find fun but what's fun for me may not be fun for you.

My best advice is to just build a bunch of toons and keep playing around with them to figure out which one is best for you.

• 9 months later...

It all depends GW2 has all kinds of enemies for example going condition damage works well for some enemies. But going burst damage is faster way faster I noticed this when helping other players fight different mobs on the map. While they applied the condition damage I just went with my greatsword used skill 2 and killed that mob or in some cases mobs. But condition damage can be safer with and smaller possibility of dying.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Well I know at least what's the easiest PvE class.

Soulbeast, without a question.

One click immortal pet skill, dead -> 100% hp on 2s cd (since the pet comes back at 100% hp the soulbeast cd doesnt really matter, just the reset)

I play mine with condi sb/sb just for extra ease of play. Its so amazingly broken.

I'm interested in your condi sb/sb. Can you share your build please?