Reset: Manually handle reset. Don't just rely on numbers.

style.6173

The links have been terrible the last few resets. Some ideas to improve in NA.

1. Don't pair BG with anyone. Why? Simply put, they are the best PPT server in NA. They can be tier 1.5 without any link. Whenever they get a link, people will bandwagon to it.
  2. Don't make Mag a host server. Tied to #1, a lot of guilds bandwagoned there. A lot will leave to a new host after relinks. Don't create a dead T4 server.
  3. Keep AR a host server. 2 of the "High" servers will be hosts. AR should be one.
  4. Give DB two links. Not sure how they are always T4 and full, but they need some type of major help.

Far as I know they still manually reset the links... they're building the alliance system to automate it...This week they will be reading the data from previous weeks to make the links on Friday.Not their fault idiotic guilds leave and bandwagon servers right after the links are done, break a couple other servers, and then come back here to complain and says it's Anets fault for everything for 8 weeks.But they should relink again the week after to fix that! and then the idiotic players will just repeat the transfer again when the one week lockout is up.If they actually lock servers, people will come back here to complain.If they give BG a link people will come back here to complain.If they don't give BG a link people will come back here to complain.Walls and gate got nerfed, but players too lazy to bother running BG off their borderland, come back here to complain cause that's the easier thing to do.Maguuma get made a host people will come back here to complain.Crystal Desert get made a host people will come back here to complain.Gate of Madness get made a host people will come back here to complain.Jade Quarry get made a host people will come back here to complain.Don't make Mag a host server, but what if CD, GoM, JQ are all lower than them, then what? oh right come back here to complain anyways.The most active High population server will be made a host because Kaineng is bottom of the barrel medium, deal with it.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@style.6173 said:The links have been terrible the last few resets. Some ideas to improve in NA.
  1. Don't pair BG with anyone.
  2. Give DB two links. Not sure how they are always T4 and full, but they need some type of major help.

Or link DB to BG? :thinking:

Has nothing to do with links for DB its just the quality of the players. Also it would just be another linked server if it wasn't for a certain pve guild xfering people over to it that do not play on resets or NA. So you just have a bunch of players who just ppt and if they can't ppt they just refuse to play. The gear most of them have isn't even exotic and they do not care about getting any better just as long as they keep getting pip rewards for doing nothing. I would leave DB but I just am too tired of dealing with getting on a server seeing it stacked, then completely die, and having to repeat the process where I get stuck with the same kind of players that already exist here. In all though giving them links will just piss off whoever gets linked to them.

@Klypto.1703 said:

@style.6173 said:The links have been terrible the last few resets. Some ideas to improve in NA.
  2. Give DB two links. Not sure how they are always T4 and full, but they need some type of major help.

Has nothing to do with links for DB its just the quality of the players.

Link the best PPT server in NA with the server that needs some type of major help? NAH!

@"style.6173" said:The links have been terrible the last few resets. Some ideas to improve in NA.

1. Don't pair BG with anyone. Why? Simply put, they are the best PPT server in NA. They can be tier 1.5 without any link. Whenever they get a link, people will bandwagon to it.
  2. Don't make Mag a host server. Tied to #1, a lot of guilds bandwagoned there. A lot will leave to a new host after relinks. Don't create a dead T4 server.
  3. Keep AR a host server. 2 of the "High" servers will be hosts. AR should be one.
  4. Give DB two links. Not sure how they are always T4 and full, but they need some type of major help.

It won't matter how they do it. People will just bandwagon to the linked server they want to each reset anyway. The problem isn't in the 'relinking' itself.. it's in what happens after the relinking. As long as server jumping is permitted and so cheaply it will continue... and it will continue...

@XenesisII.1540 said:Far as I know they still manually reset the links... they're building the alliance system to automate it...This week they will be reading the data from previous weeks to make the links on Friday.Not their fault idiotic guilds leave and bandwagon servers right after the links are done, break a couple other servers, and then come back here to complain and says it's Anets fault for everything for 8 weeks.But they should relink again the week after to fix that! and then the idiotic players will just repeat the transfer again when the one week lockout is up.If they actually lock servers, people will come back here to complain.If they give BG a link people will come back here to complain.If they don't give BG a link people will come back here to complain.Walls and gate got nerfed, but players too lazy to bother running BG off their borderland, come back here to complain cause that's the easier thing to do.Maguuma get made a host people will come back here to complain.Crystal Desert get made a host people will come back here to complain.Gate of Madness get made a host people will come back here to complain.Jade Quarry get made a host people will come back here to complain.Don't make Mag a host server, but what if CD, GoM, JQ are all lower than them, then what? oh right come back here to complain anyways.The most active High population server will be made a host because Kaineng is bottom of the barrel medium, deal with it.

lol yes the bottom line... people will complain no matter what. I don't think ANet gives a rats butt about the linkings or bandwagoning anymore at all. If they're working on alliances then it will come one day hopefully before I'm 65... that's only 3 years from now so it's possible I guess. Fingers crossed... in the meantime it will be relink; bandwagon; complain; repeat in 2 months... :P

@Chaba.5410 said:

Has nothing to do with links for DB its just the quality of the players.

Link the best PPT server in NA with the server that needs some type of major help? NAH!

I think the word major is very very generous word to use but I am thinking the kind of help needed would take several galaxies and maybe a universe of compressed egos.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:It won't matter how they do it. People will just bandwagon to the linked server they want to each reset anyway. The problem isn't in the 'relinking' itself.. it's in what happens after the relinking. As long as server jumping is permitted and so cheaply it will continue... and it will continue...

I agree that the players screw up relinks everytime.

That first week of relinking should be triple gem cost, might make some people think. Going to double on week 2, lessening as time goes on. Then back to double on last week, since thats when some decide they want to screw everything up too. Its not so much the transferring, most is down to when they decide to transfer leaving desolate servers struggling with no population.

@Princess.7584 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:It won't matter how they do it. People will just bandwagon to the linked server they want to each reset anyway. The problem isn't in the 'relinking' itself.. it's in what happens after the relinking. As long as server jumping is permitted and so cheaply it will continue... and it will continue...

I agree that the players screw up relinks everytime.

That first week of relinking should be triple gem cost, might make some people think. Going to double on week 2, lessening as time goes on. Then back to double on last week, since thats when some decide they want to screw everything up too. Its not so much the transferring, most is down to when they decide to transfer leaving desolate servers struggling with no population.

TWO Thumbs UP!