Petition: make SWIPE have 900 range in PvP

dDuff.3860

@KrHome.1920 said:If D/P Daredevil is not meta with 1200 steal, why do you bring meta as an argument against that 600 tradeoff?

Maybe steal isn't the reason for the state in which the spec finds itself currenty?

Staff daredevil is too strong at the moment. It has everything. Gap closers, blocks, evades, aoe, disengages, endurance refilling skills. A staff daredevil can duell any spec in the game for forever due to damage avoidance and disengages + reengages. Thief players who don't agree might try it or if they already did, then eventuelly get good at the game.

D/P is such a strong utility set (stealth at will, interrupt chains, blinds, unblockable shadowsteps) that it HAS TO BE weak in fighting capability. If you want to be a strong fighting class, then pick a damage weaponcombo and not a utility combo like d/p+sb.

This patch is going to change whole dd into dueler melee spec, forcing ppl into staff. It kills build diversity, as d/p is a roamer spec and this patch is going to take his mobility away. Roamer without mobility is crap.If staff is so strong, tell when did u see it last time in finals/semifinals of any mat?

@Safandula.8723 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:If D/P Daredevil is not meta with 1200 steal, why do you bring meta as an argument against that 600 tradeoff?

Maybe steal isn't the reason for the state in which the spec finds itself currenty?

Staff daredevil is too strong at the moment. It has everything. Gap closers, blocks, evades, aoe, disengages, endurance refilling skills. A staff daredevil can duell any spec in the game for forever due to damage avoidance and disengages + reengages. Thief players who don't agree might try it or if they already did, then eventuelly get good at the game.

D/P is such a strong utility set (stealth at will, interrupt chains, blinds, unblockable shadowsteps) that it HAS TO BE weak in fighting capability. If you want to be a strong fighting class, then pick a damage weaponcombo and not a utility combo like d/p+sb.

This patch is going to change whole dd into dueler melee spec, forcing ppl into staff. It kills build diversity, as d/p is a roamer spec and this patch is going to take his mobility away. Roamer without mobility is kitten.If staff is so strong, tell when did u see it last time in finals/semifinals of any mat?

Ud think arenanet might notice only build in high level being used on thief is s/d and want to improve build diversity and increase build options instead of decrease it.but that's their logic I gues,force people to use staff and be in melee range but not give it enough to be viable lol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This patch is going to change whole dd into dueler melee spec, forcing ppl into staff. It kills build diversity, as d/p is a roamer spec and this patch is going to take his mobility away. Roamer without mobility is kitten.If staff is so strong, tell when did u see it last time in finals/semifinals of any mat?

Ud think arenanet might notice only build in high level being used on thief is s/d and want to improve build diversity and increase build options instead of decrease it.but that's their logic I gues,force people to use staff and be in melee range but not give it enough to be viable lol.

Actually, pre-deadeye nerf it was pretty effective in high level play, now it 'kinda' dead.Same goes for D/p thief, it is relatively effective to the point it can win games when played perfectly, I guess after patch it'll be 'kinda' dead.'Kinda' means you still can play it in solos, duos, but any competent enemy team will prevent you from being effective, by zoning you out and beating the sht out of you.So after patch, most likely we'll see only core s/d, that has been here for like 2 years now, and, probably, some meme staff dodger with unblockable steals. If thats a build diversity we deserve, I guess it might be a time to rest from the game.

@dDuff.3860 said:

Actually, pre-deadeye nerf it was pretty effective in high level play, now it 'kinda' dead.Same goes for D/p thief, it is relatively effective to the point it can win games when played perfectly, I guess after patch it'll be 'kinda' dead.'Kinda' means you still can play it in solos, duos, but any competent enemy team will prevent you from being effective, by zoning you out and beating the kitten out of you.So after patch, most likely we'll see only core s/d, that has been here for like 2 years now, and, probably, some meme staff dodger with unblockable steals. If thats a build diversity we deserve, I guess it might be a time to rest from the game.

yes if they dont make the steal 900 or optional i think im not going to enjoy spvp anymore. Today i played my probably last games on daredevil it was fun while it lasted, this is so unnecessary and disappointing.

@Whitworth.7259 said:There will be nothing elite about daredevil elite spec anymore after this. Trading steal for a third dodge is a joke. Core thief with acro already outperformed daredevil, it's just going to outperform it even more now.

The elite part is getting a 3rd dodge, physical skills, and the staff, it’s not meant to be a direct upgrade contrary to what the forums seem to think.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@Whitworth.7259 said:There will be nothing elite about daredevil elite spec anymore after this. Trading steal for a third dodge is a joke. Core thief with acro already outperformed daredevil, it's just going to outperform it even more now.

The elite part is getting a 3rd dodge, physical skills, and the staff, it’s not meant to be a direct upgrade contrary to what the forums seem to think.

They're going to have to stop naming them 'elite' then if they're not supposed to be better than core. Having a third dodge is nowhere near as useful as a 1200 range steal, especially with the nerfed dodge traits on the daredevil line.

If they're talking about trade-offs, thief already makes huge trade offs for daredevil. You either lose trickery or acro, both of which made core thief better than daredevil. As I said, core is just way better than daredevil now, it wasn't even meta before.

@Whitworth.7259 said:

They're going to have to stop naming them 'elite' then if they're not supposed to be better than core. Having a third dodge is nowhere near as useful as a 1200 range steal, especially with the nerfed dodge traits on the daredevil line.

If they're talking about trade-offs, thief already makes huge trade offs for daredevil. You either lose trickery or acro, both of which made core thief better than daredevil. As I said, core is just way better than daredevil now, it wasn't even meta before.

Yeah when elite specs were first announced they mentioned the naming was because you can only have 1, and it gives a new weapon and utility skills but were meant to be side grades/just change how the class plays.

The name is very misleading, they should’ve just called them Archetypes or something

@dDuff.3860 said:

Actually, pre-deadeye nerf it was pretty effective in high level play, now it 'kinda' dead.Same goes for D/p thief, it is relatively effective to the point it can win games when played perfectly, I guess after patch it'll be 'kinda' dead.'Kinda' means you still can play it in solos, duos, but any competent enemy team will prevent you from being effective, by zoning you out and beating the kitten out of you.So after patch, most likely we'll see only core s/d, that has been here for like 2 years now, and, probably, some meme staff dodger with unblockable steals. If thats a build diversity we deserve, I guess it might be a time to rest from the game.

A nerf is unsuccessful if a class almost disappears in high level. An effective successfull nerd shouldtone down a spec all while still being viable in its role and enjoyable to play. Unfortunately that rarely happens here lol

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/SmokeAssault(soulbeast)

this skill has greater teleport range (750) and can be unblockable with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstoppable_Union which also makes soulbeast mode a stunbreak on 10 second cd

and you dudes reduce steal range to 600.

lol

Thered be a huge list of things u could point out that's ridiculously more broken than steal range was that got left untouched.no point in trying to follow arenets logic,I learned a while ago its pointless

• 2 weeks later...

You can also leave 600 range, but half the basic cooldown. So if traited it can be a solid 10-12 cd steal. That'd make sense having a drawback in a form of 600 range.Atm I see no reason to play daredevil in pvp, and barely see any successful ones in ATs/high-ranked Q

So, if destroying daredevil pvp was the initial plan — patch quite achieved it.

@"dDuff.3860" said:You can also leave 600 range, but half the basic cooldown. So if traited it can be a solid 10-12 cd steal. That'd make sense having a drawback in a form of 600 range.Atm I see no reason to play daredevil in pvp, and barely see any successful ones in ATs/high-ranked Q

So, if destroying daredevil pvp was the initial plan — patch quite achieved it.

I see a lower cd on the "steal" to be broken if the player was able to land as many as possible since they will steal boons like crazy from Bountiful Theft. Tbh, after thought, they should keep Swipe unblockable AND 900 range.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread needs to go back up to the top, the patch hit yesterday and they didnt change anything. The state daredevil is in right now is unacceptable either they overhaul the entire class to make it fit their vision of Daredevil or they change the steal distance up to 900 or reverse the change, and admit that this idea of a bruser daredevil should be dropped because it doesnt work.

They should keep the range at 1200 and make it unblockable at 300 or make it 900 and make it unblockable at 600. I also wish the could make the Different Dodge abilities "F" abilities for F3 -F5 so a person could use all the different types of dodges. They should allow the Traits to have the same buff, but the abilities should be available to all Daredevils.

Here's an idea. Allow daredevil to have their F1 be Steal at 900 range and at Swipe at 300 (which swipe would be unblockable), F2 is the stolen skill. F3 is the Impaling Lotus, evade and throw daggers, F4 is Dash evade and grants swiftness, and F5 is Bound, evade and cause area damage. Dodge would be a regular dodge. The trade off would be "All F skills would use endurance". Grandmaster Traits would be 1) Gain increased condition damage for a period of time after After using F3, 2) Inhibiting conditions and damage reduction after using F4. Removing conditions in this way temporarily reduces endurance gain, and 3) Physical damage is increased for a period of time after using F5.

@"VocalThought.9835" said:They should keep the range at 1200 and make it unblockable at 300 or make it 900 and make it unblockable at 600. I also wish the could make the Different Dodge abilities "F" abilities for F3 -F5 so a person could use all the different types of dodges. They should allow the Traits to have the same buff, but the abilities should be available to all Daredevils.

Here's an idea. Allow daredevil to have their F1 be Steal at 900 range and at Swipe at 300 (which swipe would be unblockable), F2 is the stolen skill. F3 is the Impaling Lotus, evade and throw daggers, F4 is Dash evade and grants swiftness, and F5 is Bound, evade and cause area damage. Dodge would be a regular dodge. The trade off would be "All F skills would use endurance". Grandmaster Traits would be 1) Gain increased condition damage for a period of time after After using F3, 2) Inhibiting conditions and damage reduction after using F4. Removing conditions in this way temporarily reduces endurance gain, and 3) Physical damage is increased for a period of time after using F5.

That sounds cool, but I want F6 to be my yolo self destruct button that will kill 10 ppl instantly so I can also benefit my zerg. I call it kontiking-time-bomb. It's only purpose is to sacrifice yourself to one push for your team. There is no downed after it goes off, you insta die bringing people with you. Make it 360 like arc divider. hoHohOhOhoo