Hey!

Hey there.I have this problem where I usually get really tired of leveling, already at around lvl 16-20.I tried different classes and I have played the game with different intervals. Sometimes with a year in between.I guess I only have the base game, but do anyone have any tips to get further than I have been? I know there's a long way form 20 - 80.

I think it can be very overwhelming, the game. I'm very casual and tried looking for a guild to get some aid/people to play with, but no idea how anything works really.

Join a guild and ask if anyone can show you around while leveling.

You can also explore all of the cities and beginner areas on one character. Just exploring will earn XP and level you.

Try WvW or PvP. Each will automatically bump your level to 80 and experience earned will increase your PvE level.

Gather everything for crafting. Picking blueberries, mining copper, and chopping a tree are all worth XP. So is making blueberry pie, a bronze dagger, a staff, copper jewelry, and turning your salvaged armor into new clothes.

If you get tired of an area or level out of it, leave and try another. Completionists are rewarded but you will get XP for doing almost everything. Take part in a map event and listen to the dialog or run all over the map to find only the waypoints.

Try the main story for each of the playable species (5) and each of the orders (3).

In my opinion, leveling first character in this game is boring as washing dishes. Whatever you do unless you like PvP or really like exploring and worry not about leveling.But my guildies that got PoF as first expac to try out, tell that mounts make big difference in PVE leveling.

I guess the main question is why do you get tired of the leveling ?

Might be difficult to explain properly, but basically how do you feel when you get bored? And what would you like to feel instead?

There are a lot of things that can be done in this game, sometimes all you have to do is change what you're doing, but we can't really explain very well if we don't know what you like/dislike.

If it is just the lack of game knowledge, a good guild will solve that, usually a few recruiting on maps.

That said, not all games are for everyone, if you continually have trouble that early in the game, considered you just don't enjoy this game ?

Hard to tell considering we don't really know what you're doing while leveling up.Maybe try to join a guild and find people who can guide you around through meta events. Try some world bosses (there are a few level 15 that you can find on the Wiki). Start crafting as soon as you can as it's going to give you a bonus of experience.In case you take a profession and stick to only one weapon, don't be afraid to experiment and don't look at recommended builds and weapons online...those are pretty useless in PvE from 1-80...any build/weapons will do the job just find and experimenting yourself will make the combats much more interesting.Seek out the jumping puzzle, don't be afraid to go to a new area when you get bored of one, don't try to complete everymap you put a step in, you'll have plenty of time to do that later on.

Also don't forget to do your stories and at level 30, you'll be able to do your first dungeon. Those can be a nice change in your routine.Look also in the LFG tool on the map you are to see if people are doing some meta events or other things you could not be aware of. Or if you see a commander tag or a mentor on the map, try to reach for him.

There are plenty of things to do and the game doesn't necessarily tell you that so don't be afraid to seek other players' help in the chat.

All of that being said, if you still can't level up and still feel bored after all of that then maybe this game is just not for you.

Once you get one of the expansions, there are guild hall boosters that are free that will give you 10% XP gain to help make the leveling faster. Second, make sure you are running a food and a utility that both grant extra experience gain - you can find cheap foods that grant 10% XP gain that get you through that leveling time that much faster. Also, try some WvW - Tomes of Knowledge drop like water in WvW, so you can use those to level up that much faster too.