No Down State Week Apr 26th - May 3rd

XenesisII.1540

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/starting-today-world-vs-world-weeklong-bonus/

Usual bonuses, just in time to hide the balance patch.

Weeklong Bonus: World vs. WorldDate and Time: From 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on April 26 to 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on May 3 (UTC-7).

Gameplay Variant: No downed state! Players in World vs. World will be defeated when their health reaches zero.

Bonuses While Playing in WvW:

Receive a 25% bonus to reward-track progressGain double WXPReceive a 50% bonus to magic find

Edit: cause Anet...

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:pop your fingers, grab a drink, and prepare to get one shot all week long!

So, any day that ends with a 'y'?

The only thing this event will mean is queues. Great when you're already on the server (with full pop per map) but pretty crummy if you're not.

To be fair, when playing with an actual squad (i.e having FBs) there's plenty of room for ressing in a pinch or even things like Illusion of Life to salvage the aftermath of a condi bomb. But with no downed state it's all fun and games, just bring full scourge+FB and laugh at everyone else on the map

oh this is gonna be fun... oh ya I'll get fried for sure... but I'll fry a lot more than what fry me..... and with double WXP I'm pretty sure I'll finally hit that 4095=Mithril mark... now THAT's the way to get a target on you! I know because when I see anyone Mithril or Diamond especially I make it a mission to nukem or die trying... good thing there's wp mastery.

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Hey, scrapper's unique mechanic is useless again!

I don't think scrapper is going to fall out of favor anytime soon.

Unrelated I'm a little sad, I'm on vacation (and will not have internet or the time to play) from the 26th until the 5th. I wish they'd announce these things sooner.

~ Kovu

He didn't say Scrapper is going to fall out of favour.

@Samug.6512 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Hey, scrapper's unique mechanic is useless again!

I don't think scrapper is going to fall out of favor anytime soon.

Unrelated I'm a little sad, I'm on vacation (and will not have internet or the time to play) from the 26th until the 5th. I wish they'd announce these things sooner.

~ Kovu

He didn't say Scrapper is going to fall out of favour.

No, I was pointing out the uselessness of that particular mechanic for 1 week won't change that.

~ Kovu

9 out of 10 times the function gyro will fail anyway due to being too slow, frail and stabless. So no downed would still be a net gain if you're just looking at the what happens when the enemy go down.

As usual, this event will heavily favor frontloaded dps and already skilled players that would probably have won regardless, but sure there are still situations where it could be useful.

@Dawdler.8521 said:9 out of 10 times the function gyro will fail anyway due to being too slow, frail and stabless. So no downed would still be a net gain if you're just looking at the what happens when the enemy go down.

As usual, this event will heavily favor frontloaded dps and already skilled players that would probably have won regardless, but sure there are still situations where it could be useful.

Agree on the gyro, it's always a little surprising when it works. This is also a glass cannon vs tank kind of week. You go full glass and you have good odds of dropping them but when they hit the tank then they have a little surprise coming. It's also a good balance time of havoc vs zerg since you have good odds of swinging in and taking a number of them out.

@Vova.2640 said:Going to be a terrible week for any squishy class...I don't really understand why people like this event. All it does is it makes any class that does not have 20k+ hp and a bunch of passive defenses useless for a week.

Such a shame.

No it doesn't.

It makes bad unaware players useless for a week. It also evens out skilled play vs outnumbered gank squads even more.

1vs1 before and after this event are the same, as whoever downs the other first would get the stomp. So build and class etc etc doesn't change, what changes is skill level vs numbers, as it will now be possible to focus a target, kill them and move onto the next. While before, you down someone and you had to make the choice to eat a bomb to stomp, often means getting killed before the stomp finishes or they would res the down which can be done faster than a stomp and you can't DPS through the heals.

Gank squads suffer the most here, where they are of lower skill and require more numbers to win. I face gank squads all the time, and I can down any one of them, but never finish. Those same squads on the last no down state event I wiped all 4 of them solo as I didn't have to secure the down with a stomp or DPS as downed state favors greater numbers.