BUG Swipe

alejandro.2093

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:We're currently tracking this issue and will look to fix it as soon as is allowable.

While you're here... Is it possible that we can get a comment about shadow trap's current state? Its not used as most thieves find it completely unreliable due to unpredictable behavior and interactions with terrain

Has this type of request ever worked? Ever? In the history of the forums?

@Turk.5460 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:We're currently tracking this issue and will look to fix it as soon as is allowable.

While you're here... Is it possible that we can get a comment about shadow trap's current state? Its not used as most thieves find it completely unreliable due to unpredictable behavior and interactions with terrain

Don't blame him for trying. He still have hope...

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:While you're here... Is it possible that we can get a comment about shadow trap's current state? Its not used as most thieves find it completely unreliable due to unpredictable behavior and interactions with terrain

I agree, even ambush is decent but shadow trap doesn't fit anywhere, just one look at number of players that use this skill should make that pretty evident.

@Bezerker.2379 said:

The largest bug is the ability is called swipe and has 600 range.

In all seriousness, was this tested by anyone who plays competitively? I mean, trickery is used by any pvp or wvw daredevil... :expressionless:

no one at anet plays thief, clearly.

@coolstream.3017 said:

The largest bug is the ability is called swipe and has 600 range.

In all seriousness, was this tested by anyone who plays competitively? I mean, trickery is used by any pvp or wvw daredevil... :expressionless:

no one at anet plays thief, clearly.

Same complaints in every sub-forum. They don't play any of the professions or at least they're not good at it.

@Turk.5460 said:

Yes, for Warclaw changes.

Karl, Honey.......

Sweety, you don't need to be afraid of thief. I know you grew up on DnD and like calculus and you think random aoe and passives are the bees knees, but sweety, it's time to let out the assassin. Now I know you hate Counter Strike and Halo, and Streetfighter; you would rather play your RTS games I know sugar bums. Ninjas make you think of the top athletes in highschool and those people didn't even take chemistry!. But its time.... no more cap and +1. Its time to make them a duelist class again Karl.

Take your hand and open the code window... good good we can do this!! Now increase the parameters that would give thief a fair shot in 1v1s... good. I love you sweety pie.

@Cobrakon.3108 said:

@"Karl McLain.5604" said:We're currently tracking this issue and will look to fix it as soon as is allowable.

Karl, Honey.......

Sweety, you don't need to be afraid of thief. I know you grew up on DnD and like calculus and you think random aoe and passives are the bees knees, but sweety, it's time to let out the assassin. Now I know you hate Counter Strike and Halo, and Streetfighter; you would rather play your RTS games I know sugar bums. Ninjas make you think of the top athletes in highschool and those people didn't even take chemistry!. But its time.... no more cap and +1. Its time to make them a duelist class again Karl.

Take your hand and open the code window... good good we can do this!! Now increase the parameters that would give thief a fair shot in 1v1s... good. I love you sweety pie.

And u can start from re-rerolling nerfs atleast.

1. Backstab cooldown
  2. Lead attacks
  3. Exhaustion on dodge
  4. Dagger power nerf
  5. (let's forget the nerfs that u did in pre-HoT. let vigor nerfs stay if u wish)

It's like u dont even need to do anything new. Just re-roll the nerfs that you've made over the years and even then thief will still be only +1 and decap bot. But to make it a 1v1 capable class... not only you need to rewind nerfs but also add some buffs. And so far... we're still on an ongoing nerfing downhill. I'm seriously interested.. why do they treat this class so badly. It's like Anets devs were seriously traumatized by thief class in wvw/pvp so they decided to destroy it so they can carry on playin their class. I wonder if someone was playing a power mesmer back in the day and they got seriously outplayed by a thief in 1v1 and the rage made them go to "code window" and start nerfing process.

They don't care about thief class. They released a patch with a game breaking bug that I noticed after 3 seconds of playing the new swipe. Every experienced thief could see that something was wrong with swipe cd.. still they released the patch without addressing It, but I think they even didnt test it. Anet you proved once again that you don't know anything about thief. You should listen and trust more the thief community. We play this class, we know what Is needed and what not.

@"Kolly.9872" said:They don't care about thief class. They released a patch with a game breaking bug that I noticed after 3 seconds of playing the new swipe. Every experienced thief could see that something was wrong with swipe cd.. still they released the patch without addressing It, but I think they even didnt test it. Anet you proved once again that you don't know anything about thief. You should listen and trust more the thief community. We play this class, we know what Is needed and what not.

indeed. imagine how ez it would be to be a balance dev of thief. just listen to oldtimers who play thief and give good feedback. listen -> implement changes -> done. laziest and easiest job ever. but nope.. they don't listen. they just keep making changes that are further bringing this class down to the ground. i mean yea.. u shouldnt listen to new players or players who just wants unnecessary buffs just to become OP. u should listen to oldtimers who are telling you "yup.. we really need buffs and i can give you xyz reasons to back up my claim why we need buffs".

The dev's dont spend alot of time playing most classes so the go off what little they see when they do this the reason for the confusin un thought out changes.due to not knowing each class well they depend on overall feedback from community wich largely dislikes thief do to playstyles arenet pushed for in the past ie MBS etc. Theres actually non thief players in the community praising arenanet for these changes not because they were good but because they wreck the speck and they love it and arenanet cant see that aperantly. I've switched class and mostly all but left game and until enough thief players drop the class to see a large player/class drop nothing good will come to thief from these dev's

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:The dev's dont spend alot of time playing most classes so the go off what little they see when they do this the reason for the confusin un thought out changes.due to not knowing each class well they depend on overall feedback from community wich largely dislikes thief do to playstyles arenet pushed for in the past ie MBS etc. Theres actually non thief players in the community praising arenanet for these changes not because they were good but because they wreck the speck and they love it and arenanet cant see that aperantly. I've switched class and mostly all but left game and until enough thief players drop the class to see a large player/class drop nothing good will come to thief from these dev's

that's what i'm trying to push forward for. for all people to stop playing thief. or even delete it. maybe then Anet will realise the things they've done.

@"Dave.6819"There is nothing for them to realise: what they do they do it intentionally.

As for me, why I should delete my Thief? ArenaNet is doing it better: they keep nerfing the class to the ground, thus indirectly deleting Thieves without any help at all. What I can do, however, is stop financing the company and their "Balance Team".Last evening, after testing this attrocious "rework" of Steal and the nerfed Staff damage I went and renewed my subscription to FFXIV.All Square-Enix devs say, ありがとうございます.

Nice! I bought ESO last week after reading the patch, wasn't just this patch but but the culmination of past patches destroying thief plus maybe burnout since thief has garbage build diversity last few yrs. Been enjoying ESO alot but the pvp players are pretty hardcore compared to me so be a while before I'll attempt to join the pvp scene lol