New Patch Glyphs

Durzlla.6295

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Lynnie.7213" said:It could have been a great skill, but 7 second stuck in cast its a big no. Only useful in raids? Because in pvp you'll get focused.

Actually, our raid group was just pondering the exact opposite - that it may be only useful in PvP bunker scenarios. In raids, this thing is a bloody joke.

Prevent conditions from being applied: Most bosses apply like... 3 dots of burning. Or 6 torment dots. Or something trivial. Whatever you block, you could cleanse about 20 different ways in the same time window.Revive allies: In case you want to waste literally all of your CA on a channel that slowly rezzes your allies (4% per tick, meaning 28% if successful) and puts 3 laughably weak boons on them while you yourself do nothing in particular and hope you're not interrupted.

Or... you know. You bring a spirit that just insta-snaps 5 people back to life while you can continue being useful AND has about half the cooldown.

In raids, 7 seconds is a bleeding long time. All the way, you'd have to pray you won't have to do mechanics (enjoy dropping instadown poison bombs on your group because you got stuck channeling) and you waste precious time you could otherwise use by utilizing druid's fast-recharging other skills that not only work comparatively same, but often better.

Seriously, no offense, but this makes me think that whoever made this thing never touched a druid in their life.

Together with heal-ele buffs (a class that was already outperforming a druid in raw healing power), this is another nail in a druid's coffin. I have to ask: why even put the class in the game if you're "unhappy" with how well it performs literally the only thing you designed it to do?

I feel like either the cooldown has to go lower or the channel disappear (more inclined towards the second option). Like seven seconds where you can't cast anything else, and stability is easily stripped nowadays in pvp, so what gives? The glyph is nice but it needs a lot of improvement, it also doesn't pay off the pets even bigger nerfs as it is. Boons applied could be a little more creative imo.

@Changer the Elder.2948 said:

@"Lynnie.7213" said:It could have been a great skill, but 7 second stuck in cast its a big no. Only useful in raids? Because in pvp you'll get focused.

Seriously, no offense, but this makes me think that whoever made this thing never touched a druid in their life.

Together with heal-ele buffs (a class that was already outperforming a druid in raw healing power), this is another nail in a druid's coffin. I have to ask: why even put the class in the game if you're "unhappy" with how well it performs literally the only thing you designed it to do?

I have the feeling they are trying to push PoF sales, there is no other explanation for such changes. Its nerf after nerf and the spec is not even meta in 2/3 game modes and losing its spot on the only mode that it still had any usage.

Druid pre-patch was bad and now it's worse. We didn't get anything that would justify the 20% pet stat nerf across the board. Do you feel like your pets with their crappy AI are surviving too long in wvw/pvp teamfights? now you have the added benefit of them dying quicker! The new glyphs are meh at best and overall druid is still trash.Sorry, if i sound bitter, but there was little reason to swap from SB to Druid and now there is even less incentive to do so.Outside from PvE raids and occasional fractal Druid is ineffective. It's annoying to fight one, but it wasn't hard to ignore it during team-fights entirely and then just focus it once it's the last one standing because it contributes fuck all.Druid probably has better mobility and selfish-survival in wvw/pvp, but as an actual support is bad, very bad.

Maybe some Druid builds will pop up thanks to other classes/builds getting reworks, but i don't think druid will ever be as fun as it used to.

At first I liked Stars. Then I started to think where it could be useful and honestly I don't think it's designed for anything in pve, but I like the idea of using it in wvw. It compliments other support options there while providing something unique. It's also bugged atm, it's not triggering Verdant Etching on me.

@apocalypso.4895 said:At first I liked Stars. Then I started to think where it could be useful and honestly I don't think it's designed for anything in pve, but I like the idea of using it in wvw. It compliments other support options there while providing something unique. It's also bugged atm, it's not triggering Verdant Etching on me.In wvw could have some use if cast time where like 1 second, and thats already too much. With the 7 seconds cast time when you finish, if you are able to, the battle is already finish and everybody is back home. 90 Second CD is already extremely punishing, for an skill which should be in the 60 seconds for 7 seconds condition immunity.

We could play a game, to find any other skill in game with such or longer cast time. Just for the giggles.

@anduriell.6280 said:In wvw could have some use if cast time where like 1 second, and thats already too much. With the 7 seconds cast time when you finish, if you are able to, the battle is already finish and everybody is back home. 90 Second CD is already extremely punishing, for an skill which should be in the 60 seconds for 7 seconds condition immunity.

Imo it's a good design to have elites with high impact and high cd, it's exactly why unity used to suck. Stars can completely negate a condi bomb on 10 allies and the channel time is balanced on the fact it has 1200 range and allows you to move while channeling it.

@apocalypso.4895 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:In wvw could have some use if cast time where like 1 second, and thats already too much. With the 7 seconds cast time when you finish, if you are able to, the battle is already finish and everybody is back home. 90 Second CD is already extremely punishing, for an skill which should be in the 60 seconds for 7 seconds condition immunity.

Imo it's a good design to have elites with high impact and high cd, it's exactly why unity used to suck. Stars can completely negate a condi bomb on 10 allies and the channel time is balanced on the fact it has 1200 range and allows you to move while channeling it.

i could agree if the game generally would follow that design which is not the case. As such 60s cd i think is fair. 90s is simply too much where skills like rite of the great dwarf has 40 seconds CD, and battle standard has a cd of 60s once you click F to take it back.I think the CD is excessive still i could take it... but the cast time its just too little too much. Also its not affected by quickness...

How is the aligment glyph? Any good of its nerfed because they remvoed weakness as well?

Almost sure this is a mistake, I didn't have any expectation but the giving the skill both small radius limitation and a channel without any source of stability couldn't be right. I refuse to believe it. At its current form the skill is less than useless. A meme level bad. I think it supposed to work kinda like healing spring, you put it in a specific location and it will pulse for 7 sec. If its not the case you cannot revive while using this skill, is this not the point? You cant combo the water field, you will never be able to use it in PvP, basically the mother of bad design, I refuse to believe its working as intended.

@anduriell.6280 said:Also its not affected by quickness...

@"borgs.6103" said:It's 3.5 seconds with quickness!

Who is right here? Does quickness affect it or not?

Is it ground targeted? Why does it say 1200 range but 360 radius?Also can you cancel cast it? I'm assuming you don't need to channel it for the full 7 seconds.90 second CD is rough. 58 with trait and alacrity.Can you start casting it before you leave CA and have it continue channeling as you leave?

In raids: Condition immunity: work at shakes/fear on Sloth. 10 targets is nice.

The boons: sun spirit/nature's vengeance nerf wrecked vigor up time. With some duration and alacrity, that elite now is perma regen, vigor and prot to 10 people for 1 skill. I would actually consider this a "buff to options" to Druids as this greatly reduces the need for nature magic and stone spirit. No more war horn trait for regen either.

Ressing: The elite spirit is now a 240 radius res with a "3 second channel" from the spirit and a max of 5 targets. 4% revive x 18 pulses = 72%. If quickness affects this, that's a full res to 10 ppl in less time than the spirit.

In PvP: You lose stability without the shout elite. I don't see it being good in PvP.In WvW: It reads like the opposite of Spell breaker elite bubble. FB gives you stability. Druid runs in with 10 target immunity to condi on push.

@Durzlla.6295 said:Wait so is this a 7s cast time? Or is it a 7s channel? Because if it’s a channel I can still find uses for this, if It’s a cast time... whelp.... it’s gonna be kitten.

Reddit indicates it's a channel. So it applies immunity to condi/downed state while you channel. Boons and healing pulse 1 time per second. Res is 18 pulses over 7 seconds? Not sure how that divides evenly. Makes sense why they didn't want it affected by quickness for WvW/PvP.

I'm still fairly certain that you will be able to break the channel. So it doesn't sound as bad as some ppl are making it.