Future Elite spec discussion.

Kam.4092

If it's a main hand or 2H, all I want is it to NOT have a symbol occupy a weapon slot unless said symbol is secondary to some other mechanic on the skill, like Sword 2. Having a symbol that's only purpose is to be plopped down on your feet is super boring and is something we've been doing for ages since all of our mainhand/2H weapons have them. I'd like to see something more fresh and new.

• 2 weeks later...

Radiant shaman or radiant monk.gets staff somewhat similar to DD staff skills. F1 skills add a damage type burning condition to each skill,different effect on each skill. F2 defensive bonus added to each skill,f3 adds healing effect to each skill. Every skill gets a different effect added. Than have all three F skills add a baseline effect onto each skill of the non elite weapons,f1 causes stacks for 6 sec on all attacks,f2 causes aoe damage 10% reduction to player and ally’s. F3 causes aoe healing etc. Be kinda cool lol or not

I would love to get a gunslaying purifier elite spec with duel pistols, similar thematics to lucian in lol. The gameplay could fit a guardian theme by designing skills/mechanics that target "weak points" of the enemy that the spec essentially cleanses/purifies as it does damage. The blue flames of the guardian spec devouring a white pistol would be a great design to go along with such a spec.

@"Razem.4513" said:I would love to get a gunslaying purifier elite spec with duel pistols, similar thematics to lucian in lol. The gameplay could fit a guardian theme by designing skills/mechanics that target "weak points" of the enemy that the spec essentially cleanses/purifies as it does damage. The blue flames of the guardian spec devouring a white pistol would be a great design to go along with such a spec.

Well after reading ur suggestion it becomes very apparent that my idea does infact suck lol. This would be sweet!

• 2 months later...

There are three dedicated 'arche-types' I'm missing on Guardian.

• Rogue-like
  • Tank (a real one... :p )
  • Ranged Caster (partly covered by FB)

Rogue

• Capabilities: Mobility (e.g. Blinks), (area) boon removal, hybrid damage (good ranged single target, low to average area dmg)
  • Class mechanic: 'Stealth'-attacks (e.g. Ambushes, could affect either AA, Virtues actives or Symbols)
  • Weapon: Dual Pistols
  • Virtues: F1 = Boon removal, F2 = Mobility, F3 = CC instead of defense (e.g. pbae knock down)
  • Utilities: Manipulations, Deceptions or Tricks

Tank

• Capabilities: High Thoughness/Vitality, Wards and hard CC in melee, moderate but not high melee damage, average group healing
  • Class mechanic: Not sure . Either something like Berserker or Adrenaline could work.
  • Weapon: OH Mace
  • Virtues: Create Wards and/or Symbols on use.
  • Utilities: Stances (mainly selfish)

Caster

• Capabilities: Ranged damage and debuffs (Weakness, Blinds, Vulnerability, Chill)
  • Class mechanic: Attunement swapping (Virtues)
  • Weapon: WH or new Staff-skills (= Staff skills change when equipping the traitline)
  • Virtues: Act like Attunements and amplify your respective abilities while attuned to them.
  • Utilities: Glyphs

Anet stated that they like for elite specs to change the way you play a class. Based on this, I would love for the next spec to fill in the gap of what guardian lacks the most. Mobility and bruiser-like utility. We have it all, you either go one way or another with guardian, but if you try to do a hybrid, you won't be that good at anything, while other classes tend to exceed themselves even more with a jack-of-all-trades approach. But putting that aside, let's just focus on mobility. A polearms as a two-handed melee weapon with lots of engage and disengage mobility to give guardians some zealous-aggressive playstyle, while being a damage-based support. The more power-ferocity-precision, the greater the healing %/boons to allies and to the guardian him/herself (that way healing stats make it pretty redundant). They have to stay active in combat for it to pay-off, relentless chasers who pin down their enemies with leaps, impaling them on their polearms. As for utility? I suppose glyphs would be nice, or a new symbol mechanic with ammo count which drops symbol-like fields which follow the guardian. Or perhaps "hands" - like some sort of monastic techniques of applying a touch to an ally or enemy to grant a boon/healing or debuff/damage.As for virtues, the attunement mechanic sounds quite good, perhaps some extra boons/debuff pulsing in intervals once in combat?

TL;DRMore in-combat and out of combat mobility for guardians

Guardians are probably gonna get the warhorn. Not because of leaks. But because it's one of the last "martial" weapons that Guardians do not have. And it will be a massive disappointment with little conceptual fanfare or solid class fantasy, much like the Dragonhunter.

Whatever will it be I would really like the new elite spec to retain the core virtues. No more alternative versions.

4th virtue could be interesting.

Spirit companion which would be like a pet for ranger. You could choose 1 of 3 by picking a different grandmaster trait. Kinda like daredevil does it.

@Assic.2746 said:Whatever will it be I would really like the new elite spec to retain the core virtues. No more alternative versions.

4th virtue could be interesting.

Spirit companion which would be like a pet for ranger. You could choose 1 of 3 by picking a different grandmaster trait. Kinda like daredevil does it.

given their recent trade-off comment, not gonna happen

Hows this for a spec.

The HereticGuardians that have lost their way and gone against the principal of what it means to be a guardian and protector of justice.They practice dark arts using pillars of darkness rather than light, They use corruptions to boon strip and terrioze foes.
They've rejected their Virtue training and forgot their virtues and instead have set new "Charters" instead.Focusing more damage, conditions and boon striping making it the anti-guardian.

It would get

• Two pistols, (spellbreaker got two dagger for its spec)
  • Power/condition focused depending on triats.
  • Corruptions for the ulities. (unlike Necro ones they don't debuff you)
  • Poison replaces the passive burn. Traits that activate with burning or stacks of burning activate/apply with poison as well, So the spec can work other guardian traitlines. Example Amplified Wrath would make Posion deal increased damage and make posion last longer from the passive instead of burning.

Charters replace Virtues pretty much the same but strip foes of their boons.F1 - Charter of InfectionPassive - Poisons foes every few attacks.Activate - Summon of Pillar of darkness on Foes, Enemies struck get 2-3 boons removed and receive conditions periodically.

F2 - Charter of MutationPassive - Regenerates health.Activate: Summon a dark vortex that heals allies in the area and coverts 2 conditions into boons.Any foes within the vortex's range will have 2 boon's striped and transferred to the caster.

F3 - Charter of QuarantinePassive - Grants aegis periodically. When Aegis shatter's gain a barrier (cooldown for passive barrier is 40 sec, so you can't abuse it by having tons of aegis skills)Activate: Create a dome that blocks ranged attacks and grants Aegis and Barrier to you and nearby allies.

What do you think?Boon striping Poison focused Guardian with dual pistols.

Why not the ritualist as they are kind of already there?

Channel the power of the ancestors to lead and guide you, as their ashes surround you and do damage to foes while smiting conditions and healing allies. Give them up-keep like skills that vary based on the amount of ashes you have, give them the ability to grant alacrity and heal as well use their healing as damage? Summon spirits to aid in your endeavors for a short time and then when they die, they do special effects? I mean the theme is loosely there already for a Ritualist and the color scheme is right on the money; Why not just give us what we want since we know it wont ever come as its own class?

Could do a monk too....

Why are you guys so excited about the alternative virtues?! We already have alternative ones for Dragonhunter and same for Firebrand. Don't you want something fresh? You want 3rd elite spec which does the same thing - replaces core virtues with alternative ones? C'mon

@Assic.2746 said:Why are you guys so excited about the alternative virtues?! We already have alternative ones for Dragonhunter and same for Firebrand. Don't you want something fresh? You want 3rd elite spec which does the same thing - replaces core virtues with alternative ones? C'mon

what do you have in mind then?

A mounted spec would be my dreamSpeed like that of the Warclaw - F1-3 associated with each beast.

Maybe stat buffs similar to soulbeast.New 1-5 based on mount

F1: Drake, Wyvern or Hydra - damageF2: Dolyak, Skelk or Treat - healing/tankF3: Canine, Cave beast or Gryphon - CC

Utilities: meditation or tricks

Weapon: rifle or main hand focus.

Name: Outrider or Sanctifier are all I can think of

Play style:Aggressive, agile and building barrier to reduce damage as they harry at their chosen for

Edit: added bits

I'm still need guardian can use "spear" + "shield" on the ground

IMO new elite spec should focus playstyle on tanky + support or attacker example: aegis can be stack (max limit as 3) and chance parry when you wear a shield.For elite skill is transform you into valkyrie form. when you stay valkyrie form your allie get aegis and resistance boon for some sec.

@Assic.2746 said:Why are you guys so excited about the alternative virtues?! We already have alternative ones for Dragonhunter and same for Firebrand. Don't you want something fresh? You want 3rd elite spec which does the same thing - replaces core virtues with alternative ones? C'mon

Lol, because that changes the way the class is played. It's not as if they are getting the warrior treatment, literally just adding a different attack. They are very different from the core virtues, and we are interested to see how the class will play with new ones. I fail to see how change is the same as always

• 3 weeks later...