Locust swarm (new), more like Dudu swarm

Emapudapus.1307

Haha tried it a few seconds ago. What happenend to that skill? Cripple is gone and it can not critical hit. And therefore a 39 HP heal?

I am speechless.

@LucianDK.8615 said:You are missing its 10 impactsWhich sum up to a ridiculously 1400 damage in full PvE marauder gear if you stay on your target (which is not that easy because: no cripple anymore!!! and necro is slow you know).

If the range was 360, then yes it might be good in team fights when you add the potential leeching: 39 x 5 x 10 = 1950 HP at best . But do you know how tiny a 180 range is?

Agreed. Locust Swarm is worse and so is Soul Grasp.

The only positive thing I have to say is that Soul Grasp grants a nice burst Life Force percentage.

If Locust Swarm healed in Shroud it would be better. If it interacted with Blood Magic traits it would be decent. But even with both, I think the previous version was better.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Well focus have a long range, so its a good opener if you are low on lifeforce, switching to axe 2, then gs or shroud.That skill is slower than a staff auto. If you hit with it at 1200 range, then your target must be afk. It's possible to run out of its range while it's moving to its target. I am not sure but I think it's not even homing.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Well focus have a long range, so its a good opener if you are low on lifeforce, switching to axe 2, then gs or shroud.That skill is slower than a staff auto. If you hit with it at 1200 range, then your target must be afk. It's possible to run out of its range while it's moving to its target.

Ah, maybe its bad in pvp. But I was looking at it from a pve angle. Im interested in seeing if focus or warhorn wins out for pve.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Well focus have a long range, so its a good opener if you are low on lifeforce, switching to axe 2, then gs or shroud.That skill is slower than a staff auto. If you hit with it at 1200 range, then your target must be afk. It's possible to run out of its range while it's moving to its target.

Ah, maybe its bad in pvp. But I was looking at it from a pve angle. Im interested in seeing if focus or warhorn wins out for pve.Single target focus wins of course. Against 3 or more targets warhorn will be better, if you can get these 3 targets in the 180 range.

But the difference is negligible as both do not critical hit.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Yes, they halved the duration, but doubled the damage. But by converting it to lifesteal it can no longer crit, so overal its a nerf. yesTo compare - Focus soul grasp for me does 1005 lifesteal damage and 440 healing with zerker stats, and 2 charges of it.

It's not really a nerf ... the old version of WH never healed. People are going to have to rethink how they use WH entirely; the weapon is a complete rework.

What I dislike is that Soul Grasp and Locust Swarm are almost the same skill ... Anet, why would you do this? It takes away from meaningful choices players have.

At least Soul Eater heals in Shroud ...

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Should mention that Soul grasp goes down to 12s recharge to regain a charge with the Spiteful Talisman trait. Which is looking much stronger once you are using both axe and focus.

to hit a target at 1200 range the travel time is 3 second

doesnt matter too much in pve. But as I said, i concede its problematic in pvp.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Yes, they halved the duration, but doubled the damage. But by converting it to lifesteal it can no longer crit, so overal its a nerf. yesTo compare - Focus soul grasp for me does 1005 lifesteal damage and 440 healing with zerker stats, and 2 charges of it.

It's not really a nerf ... the old version of WH never healed. People are going to have to rethink how they use WH entirely; the weapon is a complete rework.

What I dislike is that Soul Grasp and Locust Swarm are almost the same skill ... Anet, why would you do this? It takes away from meaningful choices players have.

At least Soul Eater heals in Shroud ...Heal is kinda same if you used it with blood. Rework into what? :D Its heal is almost non existent (same or less than before potentially, but more if you didnt use blood, but ppl do more dmg with small 1 autoattack than this could heal), almost no utility (only swiftness), dmg is almost non existent. How are we suppose to use that? :disappointed:To be fair Soul Eater also look like a copy of vampiric traits, at least from the numbers you get, at least healing and dmg is +/- .

You aren't seeing the bigger picture here ... is you just sit on AA, Soul Eater is going to look crap of course. Make a proper Reaper DPS build and see how much Soul Eater is healing you IN SHROUD for ... it brings tears to my eyes.

I can't see a reason to use WH ... the Focus 4, as blah as it is, does WH 5 better and we already have lots of AOE interrupts. I just don't get the WH right now ... PVP maybe? I won't be using it in PVE for sure.

@Obtena.7952 said:You aren't seeing the bigger picture here ... is you just sit on AA, Soul Eater is going to look kitten of course. Make a proper Reaper DPS build and see how much Soul Eater is healing you IN SHROUD for ... it brings tears to my eyes.

I can't see a reason to use WH ... the Focus 4, as blah as it is, does WH 5 better and we already have lots of AOE interrupts. I just don't get the WH right now ... PVP maybe? I won't be using it in PVE for sure.

I found I had better dps with WH than focus on golem. However I may not have incorporated it well into the rotation as when i was on Axe/Focus I used 4, 2, 4 and then shroud so by the time i am out of shroud I could use 4 and 2 again before swapping. However, I have always been horrible at golem dps.

This is terrible. I posted a bug report of both the missing cripple functionality and the inability to use life steal from this skill while shrouded, which affects both shrouded core and reapers, basically making the skill useless in those cases. Please chime in to the post if possible so it gets more visibility to Anet.

@Obtena.7952 said:You aren't seeing the bigger picture here ... is you just sit on AA, Soul Eater is going to look kitten of course. Make a proper Reaper DPS build and see how much Soul Eater is healing you IN SHROUD for ... it brings tears to my eyes.

I can't see a reason to use WH ... the Focus 4, as blah as it is, does WH 5 better and we already have lots of AOE interrupts. I just don't get the WH right now ... PVP maybe? I won't be using it in PVE for sure.Yes Soul Eater is fine like I mentioned in the preview thread as I said it's a strong supplement to Blood Magic and Blighter's Boon. On a high damage build against 3 targets it's even outperforming Blighter's Boon and can be seen as a replacement without having to drop Onslaught. The healing in a Blood Magic wells build is also insane. Paladin wells Reaper got a big sustain boost here.

But both the warhorn and focus skills are a huge design fail.

Ok. I tested a bit:Used soul eater trait:

Hitting 2 targets with the spin while in shroud will healed me for almost 3 k. Just the spin + the in beforehand activated locus swarm.

Hitting 5 people with a inshroud working locust swarm might be able to heal you from 1 to 100%

But I don't think that would be an issue.

As other classes are allowed such insane amounts of healing as well.

Just went into an unranked match, enemy team had a rev.

He did very good dmg and had insane sustain (playing with ventari/Herold) He could easily hold the point against 2 players.

@Nimon.7840 said:Ok. I tested a bit:Used soul eater trait:

Hitting 2 targets with the spin while in shroud will healed me for almost 3 k. Just the spin + the in beforehand activated locus swarm.

Hitting 5 people with a inshroud working locust swarm might be able to heal you from 1 to 100%

But I don't think that would be an issue.

As other classes are allowed such insane amounts of healing as well.

Just went into an unranked match, enemy team had a rev.

He did very good dmg and had insane sustain (playing with ventari/Herold) He could easily hold the point against 2 players.

Dont forget its just a single trait for us, vs them having to take the whole ventari traitline.