Why not just make 1 border no mount so everyone can join their preffered gamestate and be happy

Anput.4620

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Voltekka.2375 said:Ah, the ganker who cant gank zerglings anymore. Still at it, huh.

And he will be until he either gets banned for spamming it or gets with reality and learns to deal with the game mode as is and not as he hopes it to be.

As an actual roamer and not ganker, the game mode has literally not changed for me from mounts, other than allowing me to roam with other classes (been trying it with Ranger, Scrapper, Dragonhunter and it's actually a Reaper option now). What DID change roaming for me was the walls and gates change, as now people actually listen to my scouting more.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Ah, the ganker who cant gank zerglings anymore. Still at it, huh.

And what does this imply/argument does this give but "I don't like what you like so you can't like it"?

You can play in eotm. Problem solved

We keep suggesting that. No Mounts AND no glider for them to escape from him. Yet he won't go there cause he can't earn pips for ganking then.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

We keep suggesting that. No Mounts AND no glider for them to escape from him. Yet he won't go there cause he can't earn pips for ganking then.

Stop with the EOTM crap seriously, people like you don't even want mounts to have changes, like at all!

Things like 2 dodges and half of its current hp and so on, all these things people like you are refusing, why? so the person can run to a zerg, go ahead and put a "teleport to a zerg" thing, and some of the things he posted he definitely have a point in them.

You seriously need to admit that mount have MANY issues, and so far their efforts to change mount things doesn't exists, and for your information, in real combat those who have mobility, if they are playing in group, good luck, when they go out of combat while the rest of their group fight, they will come back with the mount, and if there is downed target forget about getting that person up (I actually tried that crap in zerg even, not sure though if finishing downed with mount is worth it, but i just went around on mount and whoever is downed or is going down i go for and finish and directly runaway and repeat) not really fun.

Whats next? way points in towers? because people wants to get faster to areas? sorry to mention this they might actually do that!

@Heartpains.7312 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

Stop with the EOTM kitten seriously, people like you don't even want mounts to have changes, like at all!

Things like 2 dodges and half of its current hp and so on, all these things people like you are refusing, why? so the person can run to a zerg, go ahead and put a "teleport to a zerg" thing, and some of the things he posted he definitely have a point in them.

You seriously need to admit that mount have MANY issues, and so far their efforts to change mount things doesn't exists, and for your information, in real combat those who have mobility, if they are playing in group, good luck, when they go out of combat while the rest of their group fight, they will come back with the mount, and if there is downed target forget about getting that person up (I actually tried that kitten in zerg even, not sure though if finishing downed with mount is worth it, but i just went around on mount and whoever is downed or is going down i go for and finish and directly runaway and repeat) not really fun.

Whats next? way points in towers? because people wants to get faster to areas? sorry to mention this they might actually do that!

Noone is refusing mount nerfs/balance. My wvw guild reported numerous exploits doable via mounts and Anet fixed most, some remain which WE STILL REPORT. We ask for balance. And since Anet chose to implement the mount, we also adapt to the change as time goes by, the most sensible thing to do. Which cant be said for some people in wvw.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:So you will whine till they shutdown the servers. They will never revert them, it's a gem sales source.

Reverting isn't needed, nerf the speed and it's done. I don't expect removal but i do expect changes.

I just give feedback aslong as the experience is incredibly lacking.

Hate to break it to the nay sayers but nobody I know in game doesn’t like the mount. I’m a vet, didn’t want it... but don’t want to see it go now.

BL without mounts? I think it’s safe to say it would stay mostly empty except for the odd blob attack and maybe some roaming or havoc now and then for pips and ppt.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Noone is refusing mount nerfs/balance. My wvw guild reported numerous exploits doable via mounts and Anet fixed most, some remain which WE STILL REPORT. We ask for balance. And since Anet chose to implement the mount, we also adapt to the change as time goes by, the most sensible thing to do. Which cant be said for some people in wvw.

Obviously there are some people who refuse changes, its not matter of adapting, 3 dodges is too much with its current health, and such things i honestly think should be fixed/changed/tweaked fast.

Remember the ghost thief? people can just say adapt, sometimes you can't adapt to certain things, sure it can't kill everyone, but its not really something that you can adapt to, for some of us, sure that ghost thief won't kill us but we can't do anything to it.

God bliss the thief who solo'd the raid boss

Remember rite of the dwarfs when revenants were just introduced to the game? rite of dwarf and protection etc, almost 0 damage dealt to them.

Just saying, not everything they add is something we can adapt to.

I am one of those that don't want the mount but I know since they added it they are not going to take it away, but at least let them make changes to it, and all these things are gonna delay whatever projects they have for wvw if they even have anything for wvw to begin with. Its badly implemented, there are many easy fixes to it but so far no changes are made.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:We keep suggesting that. No Mounts AND no glider for them to escape from him. Yet he won't go there cause he can't earn pips for ganking then.

And NO players there either!

@Heartpains.7312 said:

Obviously there are some people who refuse changes, its not matter of adapting, 3 dodges is too much with its current health, and such things i honestly think should be fixed/changed/tweaked fast.

Remember the ghost thief? people can just say adapt, sometimes you can't adapt to certain things, sure it can't kill everyone, but its not really something that you can adapt to, for some of us, sure that ghost thief won't kill us but we can't do anything to it.

God bliss the thief who solo'd the raid boss

Remember rite of the dwarfs when revenants were just introduced to the game? rite of dwarf and protection etc, almost 0 damage dealt to them.

Just saying, not everything they add is something we can adapt to.

I am one of those that don't want the mount but I know since they added it they are not going to take it away, but at least let them make changes to it, and all these things are gonna delay whatever projects they have for wvw if they even have anything for wvw to begin with. Its badly implemented, there are many easy fixes to it but so far no changes are made.

Yeah like i just adapt on my sword weaver and grab my anti-mount bazooka, it's that easy.

Or drink a potion that gives a lesser Outnumber Buff (extra rewards) but you cannot mount till you logout and your screen is covered in mist (silent hill) .The more players kill vs objectives you have on you account = the heavier the MistSo the Hunter have more limited vision and becomes the pray , or cannot see bystanters player more easier (but can hear them or sense them/cannot attack them from afar-but the first attack does +5.000 damage to the enemy mount(to dismount them easier))

@juno.1840 said:Sure, but I'd also like a BL where stealth is not allowed so we can all play the way we want. Also a BL where you cannot teleport. Lastly a BL where everyone has the exact same amount of evades.

Classes are balanced around downsides and upsides with tradeoffs while the mount isn't balanced around anything at all and just thrown in, every class is good at it's own thing but has downsides while the mount is good at everything it does without any cost or upside.

The mount patches up weaknesses of some classes while doing nothing for others, that is unbalanced, if it had generic utility in swiftness speed 2 dodges and extra health it would be fine. Heck, if faster travel is the point of the mount, why does it even need dodges? Dodges aren't used in wallking faster. Make it a thing with generic utility but make the walkspeed OOC swiftness, simple as that.

Winning doesn't matter in WvW.Sure, but winning the match-up still matters more than ganking players that don't really care about roaming.

mounts are not balancedMore balanced than any profession in the game. It gives all professions the choice to engage in fights or not, which is wayyyy more balanced than rangers using bird-leap and gs3 to chase/run away.

b-b-but roaming professions should have the advantage on this!!!Theres no such thing as "roaming professions" on anet's eyes. They don't care about us and it's unlikely they ever will.

quantity of combat has been about 80% less for me since mountsI get 10%~20% less combat combat since mounts, but the quality of the fights increased by a lot because everyone that engage wants to fight. I still smack whoever gets in my range for that sweet sweet EXP but i just don't bother trying to chase people that are 900+ units away.

Not sure why OP complains so much about the mount, they main ranger according to another thread and the mount only have 10k health, you can easily burst it down with rapid fire and a couple of auto attacks. Unless they're playing something really tanky, so it's their fault for not being able to kill something as squishy as this mount. lol

@"Alehin.3746" said:

Winning doesn't matter in WvW.Sure, but winning the match-up still matters more than ganking players that don't really care about roaming.

mounts are not balancedMore balanced than any profession in the game. It gives all professions the choice to engage in fights or not, which is wayyyy more balanced than rangers using bird-leap and gs3 to chase/run away.

b-b-but roaming professions should have the advantage on this!!!Theres no such thing as "roaming professions" on anet's eyes. They don't care about us and it's unlikely they ever will.

quantity of combat has been about 80% less for me since mountsI get 10%~20% less combat combat since mounts, but the quality of the fights increased by a lot because everyone that engage wants to fight. I still smack whoever gets in my range for that sweet sweet EXP but i just don't bother trying to chase people that are 900+ units away.

Not sure why OP complains so much about the mount, they main ranger according to another thread and the mount only have 10k health, you can easily burst it down with rapid fire and a couple of auto attacks. Unless they're playing something really tanky, so it's their fault for not being able to kill something as squishy as this mount. lol

I don't see how giving a blanket safe pass in a world PvP mode is preffered over tailoring your class/build towards specific situations with actual game mechanics and choices.

All my builds are tanky bruisers lol, spellbreaker, sword weaver, axe ranger, scrapper. Like just my Thief isn't tanky, which i actually play with very tanky gear rn.

If people only fight when they are sure they can win then when do fights happen, this design is backwards, compare it to any other open world PvP game.

How is a ranger swooping anything different from a necro corrupting and aoeing stuff down in a group, every class has strenghts and weaknesses and pre-mount i can't think of a single class without meta build somewhere. The mount is just artificial pandering to cater to the majority of casuals to sell skins to and you can't deny that.

@Anput.4620 said:Problem solved, no changes needed, everyone happy in their own way.

Now that i thought about it this should please everyone because it changes nothing for no one.

It took a really long time before Anet was able to implement the desert borderland, and then to change it in a way where most players were happy with it. The change that you're suggesting, if desert borderlands is any indication, would be at least 2 years out, imo.

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Alehin.3746" said:

I don't see how giving a blanket safe pass in a world PvP mode is preffered over tailoring your class/build towards specific situations with actual game mechanics and choices.It's not "safe pass". A lot of people aren't interested in fighting 1v1, so i'm cool with them being able to stay away from roamers but if they get close they get rolled. "Game mechanics" you mean spamming gs3 and birb-leap to catch up or running away from them? Anet doesn't care about that and i, as a roamer, also don't care about tears over that. lol

All my builds are tanky bruisers lol, spellbreaker, sword weaver, axe ranger, scrapper. Like just my Thief isn't tanky, which i actually play with very tanky gear rn.

Just stop playing "tanky bruisers" and burst their mount down, coward.

If people only fight when they are sure they can win then when do fights happen, this design is backwards, compare it to any other open world PvP game.Oh. So you criticize them "not fighting when they are gonna lose". I wonder if you engage 1v50 often, or if you get 1min swiftness and run away with your mobility skills. Hmmm... :thinking:Feel free to play other "world pvp" games and give us feed back, i'm also looking for something else to play!How is a ranger swooping anything different from a necro corrupting and aoeing stuff down in a group, every class has strenghts and weaknesses and pre-mount i can't think of a single class without meta build somewhere. The mount is just artificial pandering to cater to the majority of casuals to sell skins to and you can't deny that.

You're crying over others having mobility out of combat because they don't wanna fight your 1v1 build with their zerg/roleplay build, but you also don't engage them when they're on a zerg with your bruiser builds. What makes you think you're better than them? Why do you think you can choose your fights, but they can't? Pre-mounts they would just WP away. Come on. LOL

Hunting down zerglings and roleplayers have almost 0 impact in WvW, it's a gamemode for group fights. It sucks, i dislike zerging, i wish we had a way to catch up + dismount other mounted people, i wish 5~15 man groups were more viable than one blob... But that's just unlikely to happen, because Guild Wars 2 is a casual game, so yeah they are right for making a mount and selling skins for it. This game is NOTHING without the casuals that keyboardturn and click skills. It's just how it is, unfortunately.

@"Alehin.3746" said:It's not "safe pass". A lot of people aren't interested in fighting 1v1, so i'm cool with them being able to stay away from roamers but if they get close they get rolled. "Game mechanics" you mean spamming gs3 and birb-leap to catch up or running away from them? Anet doesn't care about that and i, as a roamer, also don't care about tears over that. lol

It is a blanket safe pass if the person in question isn't playing a ranger, maybe a rev if they are stupid enough to dance around one. Try weaver or warrior.

Why should some playstyles be made unviable for no reason? How does prefference on playstyle make someone a coward? Not everyone enjoys playing berserker mirage.

Feel free to play other "world pvp" games and give us feed back, i'm also looking for something else to play!

Give me a persistant one without grind, any non-persistant one doesn't offer this either, the one BR i play 1 hit is dismount instantly, mounts have a cast time and only have movespeed and guns have a shit ton of range ofc.

You're crying over others having mobility out of combat because they don't wanna fight your 1v1 build with their zerg/roleplay build, but you also don't engage them when they're on a zerg with your bruiser builds. What makes you think you're better than them? Why do you think you can choose your fights, but they can't? Pre-mounts they would just WP away. Come on. LOL

Because this is how open world PvP works? Also what? Roleplay builds? I avoid the zergs, but they can also avoid running alone? You won't take down anyone with an FB, or 2 necros alone if they dodge well.

Hunting down zerglings and roleplayers have almost 0 impact in WvW, it's a gamemode for group fights. It sucks, i dislike zerging, i wish we had a way to catch up + dismount other mounted people, i wish 5~15 man groups were more viable than one blob... But that's just unlikely to happen, because Guild Wars 2 is a casual game, so yeah they are right for making a mount and selling skins for it. This game is NOTHING without the casuals that keyboardturn and click skills. It's just how it is, unfortunately.

Seriously, roleplayers? What are you even talking about here? Everything has zero impact on the gamemode, because winning has zero impact on the gamemode. It is all for personal pips.

From a game-design perspective you know this makes zero sense for open world PvP, but here you admit is yourself, it is just casual handholding. Like back in WoW who liked flying mounts again? The world PvPers or people joining a PvP server complaining about PvP? In about every other game people would agree, but people here just want to farm their pips/gift in peace to go back and AFK in LA.

I just ran after a ranger, got a hit in then they used dodge 3 times and got away, that is interactive and balanced game-design for any PvP game right? Give me an example of another successful PvP game that does this. Running around ruins and not being able to do jack about people just isn't healthy, walking past each other in a warzone environment because why bother also makes zero sense. It is just inexcusable but all i see for arguments is "You are valid but annoying so good riddance", which isn't a sensible argument and just says i am salty and biased.

I have yet not heard a single argument on why the mount is good for the overall gameplay and design of the mode, i just hear "This benefits me so i like it".

And really, how is this any different from the assassin ganking your lane to kill you with your teamfight character to give their team an advantage? I don't think most zerglings play for the mode, just the rewards, and most don't play any PvP games either. Any of my friends i made ingame that play other PvP games mainly either do PvP mainly or where roamers.

Shouldn't my zerg be thankful i keep that OP firebrand busy or pick off some necros so they can't spam aoe's on them? Dying in PvP happens and it is the only complaint i see "I died in PvP while farming pips vs a wall which i don't like". I am confused by the questionable arguments provided. What entitles you having your builds weaknesses removed while still being half of WvW? That is not how balance works, when over half the map is necro isn't a weakness of being killed when you don't bother to atleast travel in a pair a fair tradeoff? A ranger for example is totally useless in zergs, a tradeoff. That is how balance works, not just cutting things out completely because "annoying". Like not allowing control decks in a cardgame because everyone should play fair aggro otherwise it is "annoying".

Tell me, what is the kind of player that turns around as soon as they see 1 person defending a camp and why do we need them? I really don't care if a daredevil runs away from me in combat, i will get them eventually if they keep comming back and i see a window, what i do care about is not even interacting in the first place. (You know the people that glide of cliffs to run away, someone will die, either me or them, but i won't WP away like a bad, last time that happened pre-mounts where someone glided and TP'd that same person had no problem trying to 2v1 me 10 minutes before, again, why do we want such uninteractive players?) When you run around and just kill camps and sentries ignoring others, how is this a open world PvP mode again? Shouldn't the mode cater to both zerg and roam players that want to actually fight in PvP combat, look at the amount of ktrains compared to fight guilds. This just sounds like the PvE people rolling on PvP in WoW like why are you even here then? I haven't played a game yet, besides WoW really, where the community was as confusing as this (I mainly play PvP games like Smite ot cardgames).

Also if you click and keyboard turn your opinion doesn't matter regarding anything PvP lol.

EDIT: I see person approaching my camp, i go defend camp, person WP's.

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Alehin.3746" said:It's not "safe pass". A lot of people aren't interested in fighting 1v1, so i'm cool with them being able to stay away from roamers but if they get close they get rolled. "Game mechanics" you mean spamming gs3 and birb-leap to catch up or running away from them? Anet doesn't care about that and i, as a roamer, also don't care about tears over that. lol

It
is
a blanket safe pass if the person in question isn't playing a ranger, maybe a rev if they are stupid enough to dance around one. Try weaver or warrior.

Why should some playstyles be made unviable for no reason? How does prefference on playstyle make someone a coward? Not everyone enjoys playing berserker mirage.Your playstyle doesn't matter to the game mode lol. Roaming isn't a "playstyle", it's just straight up "playing the gamemode wrong" according to anet.

Feel free to play other "world pvp" games and give us feed back, i'm also looking for something else to play!

Give me a persistant one without grind, any non-persistant one doesn't offer this either, the one BR i play 1 hit is dismount instantly, mounts have a cast time and only have movespeed and guns have a kitten ton of range ofc.I am also looking for that. lol

Because this is how open world PvP works? Also what? Roleplay builds? I avoid the zergs, but they can also avoid running alone? You won't take down anyone with an FB, or 2 necros alone if they dodge well.It's not "open world PvP". It's Zerg v Zerg fightining over structures. I say
roleplaying
because at this point it's more impactful than roaming.

Hunting down zerglings and roleplayers have almost 0 impact in WvW, it's a gamemode for group fights. It sucks, i dislike zerging, i wish we had a way to catch up + dismount other mounted people, i wish 5~15 man groups were more viable than one blob... But that's just unlikely to happen, because
Guild Wars 2 is a casual game
, so yeah they are right for making a mount and selling skins for it. This game is NOTHING without the casuals that keyboardturn and click skills. It's just how it is, unfortunately.

Seriously, roleplayers? What are you even talking about here? Everything has zero impact on the gamemode, because winning has zero impact on the gamemode. It is all for personal pips.No. Zerging makes way more points than roaming, and the objective is to make more points than the other 3 servers during the week. Pips are just a way to keep people active instead of AFK.From a game-design perspective you know this makes zero sense for open world PvP, but here you admit is yourself, it is just casual handholding. Like back in WoW who liked flying mounts again? The world PvPers or people joining a PvP server complaining about PvP? In about every other game people would agree, but people here just want to farm their pips/gift in peace to go back and AFK in LA.The casuals carry the game on their back, so yeah anet will pander to them no matter what we say in here.I just ran after a ranger, got a hit in then they used dodge 3 times and got away, that is interactive and balanced game-design for any PvP game right? Give me an example of another successful PvP game that does this. Running around ruins and not being able to do jack about people just isn't healthy, walking past each other in a warzone environment because why bother also makes zero sense. It is just inexcusable but all i see for arguments is "You are valid but annoying so good riddance", which isn't a sensible argument and just says i am salty and biased.I don't like how the mount works either, but saying you can't kill them when they're close is a bit of a stretch. It does need to get it's health reduced to 5k~7k, and/or a skill to dismount them.... But while that doesn't happen, playing zerk/marauder stuff with a good ranged weapons is enough.

@Alehin.3746 said:

@Alehin.3746 said:It's not "safe pass". A lot of people aren't interested in fighting 1v1, so i'm cool with them being able to stay away from roamers but if they get close they get rolled. "Game mechanics" you mean spamming gs3 and birb-leap to catch up or running away from them? Anet doesn't care about that and i, as a roamer, also don't care about tears over that. lol

It
is
a blanket safe pass if the person in question isn't playing a ranger, maybe a rev if they are stupid enough to dance around one. Try weaver or warrior.

Why should some playstyles be made unviable for no reason? How does prefference on playstyle make someone a coward? Not everyone enjoys playing berserker mirage.Your playstyle doesn't matter to the game mode lol. Roaming isn't a "playstyle", it's just straight up "playing the gamemode wrong" according to anet.

Give me a persistant one without grind, any non-persistant one doesn't offer this either, the one BR i play 1 hit is dismount instantly, mounts have a cast time and only have movespeed and guns have a kitten ton of range ofc.I am also looking for that. lol

Because this is how open world PvP works? Also what? Roleplay builds? I avoid the zergs, but they can also avoid running alone? You won't take down anyone with an FB, or 2 necros alone if they dodge well.It's not "open world PvP". It's Zerg v Zerg fightining over structures. I say
roleplaying
because at this point it's more impactful than roaming.

Hunting down zerglings and roleplayers have almost 0 impact in WvW, it's a gamemode for group fights. It sucks, i dislike zerging, i wish we had a way to catch up + dismount other mounted people, i wish 5~15 man groups were more viable than one blob... But that's just unlikely to happen, because
Guild Wars 2 is a casual game
, so yeah they are right for making a mount and selling skins for it. This game is NOTHING without the casuals that keyboardturn and click skills. It's just how it is, unfortunately.

Seriously, roleplayers? What are you even talking about here? Everything has zero impact on the gamemode, because winning has zero impact on the gamemode. It is all for personal pips.No. Zerging makes way more points than roaming, and the objective is to make more points than the other 3 servers during the week. Pips are just a way to keep people active instead of AFK.From a game-design perspective you know this makes zero sense for open world PvP, but here you admit is yourself, it is just casual handholding. Like back in WoW who liked flying mounts again? The world PvPers or people joining a PvP server complaining about PvP? In about every other game people would agree, but people here just want to farm their pips/gift in peace to go back and AFK in LA.The casuals carry the game on their back, so yeah anet will pander to them no matter what we say in here.I just ran after a ranger, got a hit in then they used dodge 3 times and got away, that is interactive and balanced game-design for any PvP game right? Give me an example of another successful PvP game that does this. Running around ruins and not being able to do jack about people just isn't healthy, walking past each other in a warzone environment because why bother also makes zero sense. It is just inexcusable but all i see for arguments is "You are valid but annoying so good riddance", which isn't a sensible argument and just says i am salty and biased.I don't like how the mount works either, but saying you can't kill them when they're close is a bit of a stretch. It does need to get it's health reduced to 5k~7k, and/or a skill to dismount them.... But while that doesn't happen, playing zerk/marauder stuff with a good ranged weapons is enough.

Ok so, to me it seems you agree that the current ecosystem is a shitshow, so why are we argueing? Also i still don't get the roleplaying thing.

WvW was made as an open world PvP sandbox mode with objectives where you could do whatever you wanted right?

Also, by your definition the mode is flawed because even when i played a lot i don't see fighting over structures, just taking empty bases a la PvD.

Does zerging make way more points per person though? I figure it doesn't, especially when it is often 1 big blob.

Mount just need 2 dodges and a movespeed nerf to swiftness that's literally it, even a dismount won't fix things unless it is your territory.

Played a game of Smite the other day, after killing my lane opponent a few times they ragequit, that's what i imagine the people that WP from camps are like.