[BUG] Protector's Strike (MACE 3)

Knightmare Legion.9640

Sounds kind like the modification that they did to Amplified Wrath where they took away the burn on a block and replaced it with a duration increase to the passive burn of virtue of justice which if you think about it and you are going for a burn type build you are probably taking Radiant Fire for the 20% burn duration increase along with a rune set that increases you burn duration etc so what happens your already at 100% duration and the bonus to duration from Amp Wrath is wasted. Not really helping to be honest the only plus side is at least they didn't nerf the 15% increase to burning damage so it's still good if you go Permeating Wrath (which this mace change will also help in that these used together could trigger more often).

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:What are they even thinking lol. In what world would this ever be relevant. Refreshing the actual virtue CD would have been the only interesting part of the patch but I should have known it was too good to be true for guardian.

Honestly, even if full-casting mace-3 without some1 triggering the block DID refresh the full CD of f1 (regardless of core, DH or firebrand), it wouldn't be OP... They totally bamboozled us. Don't wanna complain too much though since while this is a negligible buff, it's not a nerf which is good.

Honestly I think a better change would have been if you channel all of mace 3 without blocking an attack (and also while in combat), it gives you aegis and refreshes the passive aegis timer of your f3. This way mace 3 is still a defensive skill through and through, and if for whatever reason you didn't want to refresh that time, you could always cancel the cast.

@kasoki.5180 said:It was never meant to refresh it. It was meant to fill strikes needed for VoJ procs. Which is usually 5 or 3 if you take virtue traitline. Basically if you dont block your next attack applies burn

I have always thought it recharge the CD for virtue of justice. Now it is kind of useless. Nobody uses a mace with burning build lol

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:It was never meant to refresh it. It was meant to fill strikes needed for VoJ procs. Which is usually 5 or 3 if you take virtue traitline. Basically if you dont block your next attack applies burn

Thanks for the clarification. It would seem you're correct.

Also, holy badonkers is that useless...

I'd rather want a passive refresh of virtue of courage. An additional aegis after you didn't block something would be cool. Atleast this would give a bonus block.