no one does underwater group event bosses

I notice most people haven't even geared themselves for underwater combat. That, or they're using the iron skins for A E S T H E T I C S.

I can solo most underwater bosses so if I'm bored enough or I see another soul trying I'll do it or jump in. They're not particularly hard they just take a bit. A lot of people still play Rhendak's underwater mini-dungeon for the home instance treasure chest.

You'll probably find some people playing/porting for the fight.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_Rhendak_the_Crazed

Underwater boss fight in a raid has been screaming to be developed for years.... unfortunately as stated above new players often skip underwater gearing. No ones going to spend money on that (no underwater encounters worth it) and the ascended collections (breather, etc) are quite literally time sinks. Some people that don't use arc and log on together for 3 hours a week (anets 'target customer') may do underwater guild missions occasionally.

@"8235E844-3CC1-4724-8B86-45063AFE57F3.6259" said:Underwater boss fight in a raid has been screaming to be developed for years.... unfortunately as stated above new players often skip underwater gearing. No ones going to spend money on that (no underwater encounters worth it) and the ascended collections (breather, etc) are quite literally time sinks. Some people that don't use arc and log on together for 3 hours a week (anets 'target customer') may do underwater guild missions occasionally.

Breathers are actually very cheap because you can get them with berries.

I've got a character parked at Rhendak - it's almost always a solo fight. Not really a problem, I just use a character that can handle it.

I think I'm up to 60 chalices right now without a ring. Not particularly concerned about that since I know the home instance node is going to be rubbish anyway.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"8235E844-3CC1-4724-8B86-45063AFE57F3.6259" said:Underwater boss fight in a raid has been screaming to be developed for years.... unfortunately as stated above new players often skip underwater gearing. No ones going to spend money on that (no underwater encounters worth it) and the ascended collections (breather, etc) are quite literally time sinks. Some people that don't use arc and log on together for 3 hours a week (anets 'target customer') may do underwater guild missions occasionally.

You can also craft them. Ascended ones.

cuz underwater fighting is broke. many if not all HoT and PoF specs dont work well with Core tyria UW weapons... and its way too late to go back trying to make UW work, most of us hate it and we dont want it and they have other stuffs planned on their shoulders

i hope theyre not thinking of an UW expansion unless they really want to seal their fate once & 4 all

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

You can also craft them. Ascended ones.

The ones bought with berries are also ascended. The value of the berries is only around half of the value of the materials used to craft a breather.

Am i the only one who has all of his characters properly equipped for underwater combat? Looks like i am, reading this thread. I love underwater combat. It' one of the things that blew my mind about this game when i first started out back in 2014. It's a real shame that Anet decided to listen to the naysayers and basically removed it from the game. Any water area outside of core Tyria is only there for aesthetic purpose, because there is nothing to do in it. Makes one wonder why did they bother to revamp underwater combat a while ago if they didn't plan do bring back underwater content to the game. :/

I'm still hoping for an unending ocean expansion though. One can only hope. :p

• 2 months later...

I kinda wish that underwater skills were mass revamped - gw2 may not have trinity, but all weapon skills have a role or purpose- even so much as a soft CC can make one weapon different enough from another in purpose. Underwater restricts utilities, and is SO massively unbalanced, with weapons that have no clear purpose most of the time- likely because of how few there are- their biggest point of differentiation (as well as choice) is often "melee vs ranged", and some classes barely even get that. The most /basic/ split i'd expect for any given classes skills is condi, power, melee, range, utility. Underwater, with so little choice, leaves many people having to spec specifically for underwater which is too much effort for not having much content and much infinitely rewarding content- I guess that's why they made almost every class OP underwater instead, because lots of condi builds are absolutely boned underwater (luckily the weapons lack of purpose at least means most give some sort of small condi ticks....) and it's a nice bandage for not having to actually rebalance and revamp, something which is not light or work or on decisions.

@Samnang.1879 said:cuz underwater fighting is broke. many if not all HoT and PoF specs dont work well with Core tyria UW weapons... and its way too late to go back trying to make UW work, most of us hate it and we dont want it and they have other stuffs planned on their shoulders

i hope theyre not thinking of an UW expansion unless they really want to seal their fate once & 4 all

A deep-sea dragon centered expansion might be in the work and I'd like it. But underwater doesn't have to be all of it, we can have ship battles, islands, and meta-events where several things need to be done at once and so those who want to avoid underwater can stay on land without loosing anything.

I honestly enjoy the underwater combat, I find it frustrating that it's so hard to get people to do the events. I remember discovering that everyone hates underwater events when I couldn't get anyone to do the Krait blood witch with me in Kessex Hills. I've still never killed it.

I just farmed enough winterberries for my ascended aquabreather and slapped a +16% swimspeed infusion on it and I'm itching for underwater content.