Locust swarm (new), more like Dudu swarm

Emapudapus.1307

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Dont forget its just a single trait for us, vs them having to take the whole ventari traitline.It's not comparable.

You can not bunker with these skills/traits as they have an "on hit" mechanic. This can be countered via kiting, dodging and bursting (a thief or power rev will destroy such a build). An actual heal is much stronger.

And to come close to what a ventari rev can do you have to run a traitline as well: blood magic.

A necro can cover his healing with shroud, that's why it can not be too strong, otherwise the class becomes overpowered. Nevertheless locust swarm needs its range increased to 240 (I don't care about the inevitable "I puts me in combat when passing mobs" complaints!) and soul grasp needs either its projectile speed doubled or it should be a homing projectile.

edit:And please ANet, do something against these inconsistencies:

• Dagger2 leech can crit.
  • Warhorn5 leech can not crit and can not heal in shroud.
  • Focus4 leech can not crit and can not heal in shroud.
  • Soul Eater: can heal in shroud (Fortunately! Otherwise it would be trash!)
  • The whole blood magic traitline can heal in shroud except transfusion (Just why?).

It's a mess!

• The whole blood magic traitline can heal in shroud except transfusion (Just why?).

It's a mess!

I agree, Warhorn should also heal in shroud, have the range increased to 240 and bring back the cripple.

Soul eater is in a good place now.

I can't agree with you more on the transfusion point, I have been advocating that it should heal the reaper too for more than a year now

@James.1065 said:

It's a mess!

I agree, Warhorn should also heal in shroud, have the range increased to 240 and bring back the cripple.

Soul eater is in a good place now.

I can't agree with you more on the transfusion point, I have been advocating that it should heal the reaper too for more than a year now

Transfusion has been healing in shroud for awhile now. What are you talking about. Let me double check.

EDIT: Huh it didn't, thought it did.

Anybody how this works is because vampiric and vampiric aura are both life steal effects. That's why they work through shroud. Transfusion is a simple heal.

At this current stage I am actually not a fan of changing transfusion simply because soul eater is looking like quite a bit healing. Let's wait until the dust settles before touching blood.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Dont forget its just a single trait for us, vs them having to take the whole ventari traitline.It's not comparable.

You can not bunker with these skills/traits as they have an "on hit" mechanic. This can be countered via kiting, dodging and bursting (a thief or power rev will destroy such a build). An actual heal is much stronger.

And to come close to what a ventari rev can do you have to run a traitline as well: blood magic.

A necro can cover his healing with shroud, that's why it can not be too strong, otherwise the class becomes overpowered. Nevertheless locust swarm needs its range increased to 240 (I don't care about the inevitable "I puts me in combat when passing mobs" complaints!) and soul grasp needs either its projectile speed doubled or it should be a homing projectile.

I casted it on a running mob. And it was homing. Did I miss something?

edit:And please ANet, do something against these inconsistencies:

Don't tell them this. Next patch will be: in order to make the leech in line we changed dagger 2....

And it's not a real leech right now. It heals you when hitting the enemy, but it's not life siphonThat's why it's able to crit

It's a mess!

@James.1065 said:

• The whole blood magic traitline can heal in shroud except transfusion (Just why?).I can't agree with you more on the transfusion point, I have been advocating that it should heal the reaper too for more than a year nowTo clarify my point: Transfusion
    should
    heal in shroud like every other BM trait does. It's a bad balancing policy (it just confuses people and it's limiting options for certains elite specs) to exclude certain traits and skills instead of adjusting numbers and mechanics. The healing could be lower for reapers if ANet thinks it's overpowered for that spec.

@Nimon.7840 said:I casted it on a running mob. And it was homing. Did I miss something?I am not sure if it does. The few moments when I casted it on a moving target it tried to predict the movement destination and then flew in a straight line to that point. I can't tell for sure if it then further adjusts its movement direction.

@KrHome.1920 said:

• The whole blood magic traitline can heal in shroud except transfusion (Just why?).I can't agree with you more on the transfusion point, I have been advocating that it should heal the reaper too for more than a year nowTo clarify my point: Transfusion
    should
    heal in shroud like every other BM trait does. It's a bad balancing policy (it just confuses people and it's limiting options for certains elite specs) to exclude certain traits and skills instead of adjusting numbers and mechanics. The healing could be lower for reapers if ANet thinks it's overpowered for that spec.

@Nimon.7840 said:I casted it on a running mob. And it was homing. Did I miss something?I am not sure if it does. The few moments when I casted it on a moving target it tried to predict the movement destination and then flew in a straight line to that point. I can't tell for sure if it then further adjusts its movement direction.

I casted it on a moving target and it made a curve to hit the target at the very end. I think that needs further testing

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Well focus have a long range, so its a good opener if you are low on lifeforce, switching to axe 2, then gs or shroud.That skill is slower than a staff auto. If you hit with it at 1200 range, then your target must be afk. It's possible to run out of its range while it's moving to its target.

Ah, maybe its bad in pvp. But I was looking at it from a pve angle. Im interested in seeing if focus or warhorn wins out for pve.

Both are useless in pve. Probably not even worth using since both can't crit. Wh doesn't even do 4k dmg fully buffed. Shroud auto hits for 9-10k.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Well focus have a long range, so its a good opener if you are low on lifeforce, switching to axe 2, then gs or shroud.That skill is slower than a staff auto. If you hit with it at 1200 range, then your target must be afk. It's possible to run out of its range while it's moving to its target.

Ah, maybe its bad in pvp. But I was looking at it from a pve angle. Im interested in seeing if focus or warhorn wins out for pve.

Both are useless in pve. Probably not even worth using since both can't crit. Wh doesn't even do 4k dmg fully buffed. Shroud auto hits for 9-10k.

Kind of why I lean to just consider it a lifeforce tool now. But if you have to range for any reason, then focus outclasses warhorn and chains well with the axe till you can get up close and switch to gs.

@Nimon.7840 said:

should

I casted it on a moving target and it made a curve to hit the target at the very end. I think that needs further testingAfter testing it today I can say: Yes it is a homing projectile. So it's not too bad.

@KrHome.1920 said:

edit:
And please ANet, do something against these inconsistencies:

It's a mess!

Let's be careful ... making everything consistently heal ... or not ... in Shroud has significant balance implications on these skills that also affect non-shroud healing. Personally, I think life steal should work in shroud and actual heals should not ... a thematic reason that I won't bore people with.

I agree with the crit inconsistencies ... those are still weapons, so why can't the damage crit Anet?

@Obtena.7952 said:

edit:
And please ANet, do something against these inconsistencies:

It's a mess!

Let's be careful ... making everything consistently heal ... or not ... in Shroud has significant balance implications on these skills that also affect non-shroud healing. Personally, I think life steal should work in shroud and actual heals should not ... a thematic reason that I won't bore people with.

I agree with the crit inconsistencies ... those are still weapons, so why can't the damage crit Anet?

I understand where you coming from. Another option instead of transfusion healing the Reaper would be that it heals allies and grants the Reaper Lifeforce (similar to Tainted Shackles)

I have been experimenting with Warhorn traited with Banchee wail and Sanctuary Runes. (Also these runes are working super good with the new Soul eater)

Together this increases the locust swam buff to 8 sec duration which feels great with the interval speed of 0,5 sec = 16 ticks vs 10 and additionally this set up grants 25 secs speed buff - which makes it perma speed! (If cast on every CD of 24 sec)

@James.1065 said:I have been experimenting with Warhorn traited with Banchee wail and Sanctuary Runes. (Also these runes are working super good with the new Soul eater)

Together this increases the locust swam buff to 8 sec duration which feels great with the interval speed of 0,5 sec = 16 ticks vs 10 and additionally this set up grants 25 secs speed buff - which makes it perma speed! (If cast on every CD of 24 sec)

I tested sanctuary runes as well. With an extreme leeching set (dagger/warhorn + axe/focus with blood and leeching sigil as well as soul eater and bloodmagic traitline)And it still felt very bad...The values you get are just too small and might end up in only 1000-3000 extra health in a fight. But you loose a lot of dmg with sanctuary rune or a lot of different sustain (durability rune for example)

@James.1065 said:I have been experimenting with Warhorn traited with Banchee wail and Sanctuary Runes. (Also these runes are working super good with the new Soul eater)

Banshee + Warhorn has always provided perma swiftness. The difference is now it doesn’t cripple (bug), doesn’t crit, and the duration is halved. I’m on the fence about the Focus change, but Warhorn 5 is a through and through massive nerf.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

Banshee + Warhorn has always provided perma swiftness. The difference is now it doesn’t cripple (bug), doesn’t crit, and the duration is halved. I’m on the fence about the Focus change, but Warhorn 5 is a through and through massive nerf.

I fully agree but without the speed you may as well pick a note and camp it cause it takes half the game to cross from close to far!

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"James.1065" said:I have been experimenting with Warhorn traited with Banchee wail and Sanctuary Runes. (Also these runes are working super good with the new Soul eater)

I tested sanctuary runes as well. With an extreme leeching set (dagger/warhorn + axe/focus with blood and leeching sigil as well as soul eater and bloodmagic traitline)And it still felt very bad...The values you get are just too small and might end up in only 1000-3000 extra health in a fight. But you loose a lot of dmg with sanctuary rune or a lot of different sustain (durability rune for example)

What I like about the new Soul eater and Sanctuary rune combo is the healing and barrier you get while in shroud.

When using them with soul reaping and spite trait lines and with reapers onslaught you can sustain your shroud a lot longer by "protecting" it with a barrier and push out some serious damage at the same time.

@James.1065 said:

What I like about the new Soul eater and Sanctuary rune combo is the healing and barrier you get while in shroud.

When using them with soul reaping and spite trait lines and with reapers onslaught you can sustain your shroud a lot longer by "protecting" it with a barrier and push out some serious damage at the same time.

interesting thought, would it make up for not using scholar? Though id imagine it falls when having another source of barrier