Update on changes from the Patch?

RUNICBLACK.7630

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Yes, I'd like to know how the hammer AA chain 'feels' compared to before the patch. They say nobody uses hammer. Hi, I'm Nobody. :lol:

Feels slightly faster, but not a lot. Damage-wise, I've got the impression that any potential buff they might have intended gets lost in the noise. Not more than 200 dps (raid-buffed) and probably less than 100. Still a dead weapon :(

Hammer AA feels slightly faster, but still slow overall. Nothing really changed from my perspective.

I like the torch 4 change. Feels more fluid now.

Can take or leave the ground targeting for spirit weapons. I didn't really use them before anyway and this update won't change anything for me.

Hammer still useless.

Mace would have been cool if mace 3 actually recharged the active virtue, but it doesn't so nothing really changes. If you used mace before you'll use it now and if you didn't well there isn't a point in using it.

Spirit weapons still useless.

Right hand strength nerfed in every game mode except the one where you want to min max the extra 80 power.

1H sword changes are the only noticeable one. Whether it is enough to beat scepter isn't yet known, but probably not.

Mostly irrelevant changes as expected

@Arcaedus.7290 said:Is the damage on mace 2 noticeable? I'd imagine with a 30% damage increase, mace would fit in with a symbolic build, not that it's meta or anything.

Played with it today 3 sPvP games. It does much better damage. Mace symbol does good damage, however, the cast time is the issue. Overall, sword is still much better.

Mace moved up a notch from never use to fun for trolling. Maybe in 10 patches..

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:

Spirit weapons still useless.

@"kasoki.5180" said:Spirit weapons are now worse. They feel clunky and "interrupt" the rotation. (PvE opinion)

This kind of bums me out. While I agree with the perspectives and input many who PvP/WvW have given on how the old spirit weapons would never hit the other player, I hate, hate, HATE ground target abilities. As my Guard is PvE only, Sword of Justice was a part of my rotation, and all I really needed was for it to hit my target. Now with these changes, I'm more likely to miss or place it in a non-optimal position so that the ability has less strikes on the target.

Basically in PvE, there is little to no way this change makes the weapon better, but now has plenty of ways for it to be worse. :sadface:

@Anela.3867 said:Anybody tested out sword after the patch? Is it good enough to possibly replace greatsword if you pair it with focus? Or if it can't replace greatsword, can it replace scepter/focus?

You cannot replace GS. It should be better than scepter on a single target (and not large box?). That actually has not changed. Kinda same for condi build axe and sword instead of axe and scepter.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:As my Guard is PvE only, Sword of Justice was a part of my rotation, and all I really needed was for it to hit my target. Now with these changes, I'm more likely to miss or place it in a non-optimal position so that the ability has less strikes on the target.It's better to initiate fights now, when you're not yet under pressure, as you can position it so it reliably hit 2+ enemies. Mid-battle, though, I agree with you that ground-target abilities make combat a bit clumsier.

@"DiogoSilva.7089" said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:As my Guard is PvE only, Sword of Justice was a part of my rotation, and all I really needed was for it to hit my target. Now with these changes, I'm more likely to miss or place it in a non-optimal position so that the ability has less strikes on the target.It's better to initiate fights now, when you're not yet under pressure, as you can position it so it reliably hit 2+ enemies. Mid-battle, though, I agree with you that ground-target abilities make combat a bit clumsier.

I'm speaking solely of PvE, where the NPCs don't really dodge or avoid your attacks. Whereas before, I could precast it amid dodging or repositioning, now I have to actually aim, and if under pressure, I run the risk of missing the mark, or not placing the sword directly in the middle of the hit box for maximum strikes. This might just force me to swap from sword to hammer, as it's a single AoE impact.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"DiogoSilva.7089" said:

I'm speaking solely of PvE, where the NPCs don't really dodge or avoid your attacks. Whereas before, I could precast it amid dodging or repositioning, now I have to actually aim, and if under pressure, I run the risk of missing the mark, or not placing the sword directly in the middle of the hit box for maximum strikes. This might just force me to swap from sword to hammer, as it's a single AoE impact.

One of the options in the game menu makes AOE skills with target area, target with one click at enemy’s location. That option should make it operate as it did before (but so will any AOE targetable skill). Also double clicking the mouse should make it target instantly.

FYI, It always had 0.5 cast time. If you can do 100-200 APM it should be the same. If not (and not everyone can), the option change is for you.

@stone cold.8609 said:Hammer AA feels slightly faster, but still slow overall. Nothing really changed from my perspective.

I like the torch 4 change. Feels more fluid now.

Can take or leave the ground targeting for spirit weapons. I didn't really use them before anyway and this update won't change anything for me.

The changes to Torch overall is absolutely beautiful!

@otto.5684 said:

@Anela.3867 said:Anybody tested out sword after the patch? Is it good enough to possibly replace greatsword if you pair it with focus? Or if it can't replace greatsword, can it replace scepter/focus?

You cannot replace GS. It should be better than scepter on a single target (and not large box?). That actually has not changed. Kinda same for condi build axe and sword instead of axe and scepter.

I did a run with sword in the fracs and sword seems very strong. Dont have any numbers right now but i remember pulling 35k on sword#3 no problem. Thats with imperfect boon stacking. Its quite possible that with the difference in auto attack sword outperforms scepter on some fights.

Also. Sword#2 is great for trap setting

Edit: hit 55k on Ashym with sword#3

Totally with you on this. I was very sad when I discovered this because it was part of my favorite line up of things. Now it is utterly useless to me. I tried and tried to make it work and it was just no fun at all.

@"kasoki.5180" said:Spirit weapons are now worse. They feel clunky and "interrupt" the rotation. (PvE opinion)

This kind of bums me out. While I agree with the perspectives and input many who PvP/WvW have given on how the old spirit weapons would never hit the other player, I hate, hate, HATE ground target abilities. As my Guard is PvE only, Sword of Justice was a part of my rotation, and all I really needed was for it to hit my target. Now with these changes, I'm more likely to miss or place it in a non-optimal position so that the ability has less strikes on the target.