Berserker change opinion:

Ronharshadow.5246

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Ronharshadow.5246" said:I was so happy that ANET wanted to change the berserker but now I just feel disappointed. I feel like they can redeem themselves by adjusting dps though I've also heard how it screwed up condi berserker but right now, not a lot of people are satisfied with the changes.

Being 100% honest. I couldn't care less for numbers if the class is not fun to play. The class is just boring now. Like really boring. Forced to used rage skills to gain a few more seconds of it? Boring is how I describe it.

I don't get that complaint ... there was NO option to gain more berserker time prior to the patch .. yet that was LESS boring? Explain? You could set your watch to the berserker rotation ... how is that MORE engaging and exciting than having options to build around increased berserker time?

I get people have complaints ... but if you want to be listened to, they better make some sense. At this point, people are just saying anything. If berserker is boring, it's CERTAINLY not because you can adjust it's duration with Rage skills. That's just ridiculous.

As for the condi zerker ... the concept was kind of stupid in the first place. I don't know how Anet will resolve that, but they really should because it wasn't that good even before the patch. it felt dumb ... OH WATCH ME GO BERSERK!!!! ... and fire flaming arrows on you from 1200 or set you up with drawn out DoTs. How ... underwhelming.

what options to build around? you have 3 rage skills and 3 slots. 1 elite rage skill, and 1 elite slot. That's it. If anything you have less options now cause you are kinda forced to take some of them while you didn't have to before. You used to have options, now you don't.

That doesn't make any sense ... you didn't have ANY options to use rage skills to increase your berserker time before, now you do. Yes of course if you want to max your berserker duration, you load up on rage skills but to be honest, I don't think that's the optimal berserker uptime build bceause you can't get perma zerker mode anyways. You also DON'T have to load up on rage skills to max your berserker time if you don't want to. In fact, I'm willing to bet that given the short increases you get from most rage skills, it actually doesn't make sense to use them primarily for that purpose anyways; just using the regular Adrenaline gain mechanics while the Berserker CD is recharging is likely better than taking all rage skills on your bar.

You don't have options? That's a load of garbage ... you have as many options as you did before ... they just have different value now. Here is the hint ... you can't rotate into a 100% berserker uptime anyways ... so some of those rage skills are not worth taking JUST for the duration increase. If you think you don't have options, it's because you aren't thinking.

I don 't care to increase my berseker duration! IT WAS NOT NEEDED! The class was fun anyway, now its not. Can I extend for as long as the fight goes? (THAT is the only question that matters) or is just a few more seconds with the forced 12 seconds of nothingness behind?

Then why are you talking about loading up on rage skills and having no options? Why ELSE would you take a full hotbar of rage skills in the first place? I don't even know what options you say are missing. Maybe you are implying that the loss of the F2 skill is the massive difference between having options and NOT having them? That's pretty sensational and rather silly ... certainly it's a reduction in a single skill, but the options haven't really changed because F1/F2 skills weren't options in the first place ... they were fixed skills. In otherwords you couldn't change them as an option iwth a different skill.

If you are complaining about timing, that really hasn't changed much ... you spend some time in berserker, you spend some out ... just like before. The difference is that a player can affect the time in. 12 seconds of nothingness now is the same 12 seconds of nothingness before, so it's comical to complain about that.

The difference is that now, while berseker is off, you are useless. Before, you were "always angry" and still hit hard, and you could always use your class mechanic. Without a mechanic and without a significant buff like before, you are a class on a timer, or are forced to take rage skills. THAT is my complaint. I don't like rage skills, and I don't want to be forced to take them just not to be on a 12 second timer. Besides, the removal of F1 is what killed the fun.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sykper.6583 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:That doesn't make any sense ... you didn't have ANY options to use rage skills to increase your berserker time before, now you do. Yes of course if you want to max your berserker uptime, you load up on rage skills. You also DON'T have to load up on rage skills to max your berserker timeif you don't want to. In fact, I'm willing to bet that given the short increases you get from rage skills, it actually doesn't make sense to use them for that purpose; just using the regular Adrenaline gain mechanics while the Berserker CD is recharging is likely better than taking all rage skills.

You don't have options? That's a load of garbage ... you have as many options as you did before ... they just have different value now.

That's a bit false, rage skills before helped fuel the main mechanic, adrenaline, which assisted in the buildup of the next berserk and/or use of Burst skills, both Primal and non-Primal.

What Mesket is saying, is that by forcing Rage skills to be the only method which sustains Berserk State, which is now a requirement to use the all-important Burst skills Warrior is built around for many of the traits, you now give Warrior a forced choice in getting access to those Burst skills via more uptime from Rage skills and giving up on normal utilities, or having a lesser Berserk uptime thus less Bursts.

In other words, right now Berserk state is too hard to maintain without Rage, you WANT to be in Berserk always to have access to Bursts. Because giving up the normal utilities makes Berserker very weak.

I think that's the point though ... because in the eyes of Anet, the option to maintain berserker with Rage skills is a NEW benefit to the spec. If you don't take Rage skills, then you simply have the same berserker uptime prior to the patch. Whatever the change made here, there is no argument that we LOST options because the option never existed to increase berserker mode duration in the first place.

@Mesket.5728 said:

@"Ronharshadow.5246" said:I was so happy that ANET wanted to change the berserker but now I just feel disappointed. I feel like they can redeem themselves by adjusting dps though I've also heard how it screwed up condi berserker but right now, not a lot of people are satisfied with the changes.

Being 100% honest. I couldn't care less for numbers if the class is not fun to play. The class is just boring now. Like really boring. Forced to used rage skills to gain a few more seconds of it? Boring is how I describe it.

I don't get that complaint ... there was NO option to gain more berserker time prior to the patch .. yet that was LESS boring? Explain? You could set your watch to the berserker rotation ... how is that MORE engaging and exciting than having options to build around increased berserker time?

I get people have complaints ... but if you want to be listened to, they better make some sense. At this point, people are just saying anything. If berserker is boring, it's CERTAINLY not because you can adjust it's duration with Rage skills. That's just ridiculous.

As for the condi zerker ... the concept was kind of stupid in the first place. I don't know how Anet will resolve that, but they really should because it wasn't that good even before the patch. it felt dumb ... OH WATCH ME GO BERSERK!!!! ... and fire flaming arrows on you from 1200 or set you up with drawn out DoTs. How ... underwhelming.

what options to build around? you have 3 rage skills and 3 slots. 1 elite rage skill, and 1 elite slot. That's it. If anything you have less options now cause you are kinda forced to take some of them while you didn't have to before. You used to have options, now you don't.

That doesn't make any sense ... you didn't have ANY options to use rage skills to increase your berserker time before, now you do. Yes of course if you want to max your berserker duration, you load up on rage skills but to be honest, I don't think that's the optimal berserker uptime build bceause you can't get perma zerker mode anyways. You also DON'T have to load up on rage skills to max your berserker time if you don't want to. In fact, I'm willing to bet that given the short increases you get from most rage skills, it actually doesn't make sense to use them primarily for that purpose anyways; just using the regular Adrenaline gain mechanics while the Berserker CD is recharging is likely better than taking all rage skills on your bar.

You don't have options? That's a load of garbage ... you have as many options as you did before ... they just have different value now. Here is the hint ... you can't rotate into a 100% berserker uptime anyways ... so some of those rage skills are not worth taking JUST for the duration increase. If you think you don't have options, it's because you aren't thinking.

I don 't care to increase my berseker duration! IT WAS NOT NEEDED! The class was fun anyway, now its not. Can I extend for as long as the fight goes? (THAT is the only question that matters) or is just a few more seconds with the forced 12 seconds of nothingness behind?

Then why are you talking about loading up on rage skills and having no options? Why ELSE would you take a full hotbar of rage skills in the first place? I don't even know what options you say are missing. Maybe you are implying that the loss of the F2 skill is the massive difference between having options and NOT having them? That's pretty sensational and rather silly ... certainly it's a reduction in a single skill, but the options haven't really changed because F1/F2 skills weren't options in the first place ... they were fixed skills. In otherwords you couldn't change them as an option iwth a different skill.

If you are complaining about timing, that really hasn't changed much ... you spend some time in berserker, you spend some out ... just like before. The difference is that a player can affect the time in. 12 seconds of nothingness now is the same 12 seconds of nothingness before, so it's comical to complain about that.

The difference is that now, while berseker is off, you are useless. Before, you were "always angry" and still hit hard, and you could always use your class mechanic. Without a mechanic and without a significant buff like before, you are a class on a timer, or are forced to take rage skills. THAT is my complaint. I don't like rage skills, and I don't want to be forced to take them just not to be on a 12 second timer. Besides, the removal of F1 is what killed the fun.

THAT I will agree with ... For me the big fail of Berserker spec is that it adds almost nothing to a player outside of berserker mode ... but that's not related to having no options. Berserker has almost always been a write off as a trait line outside of berserker mode so to be fair ... that's not really ALL that different.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:That doesn't make any sense ... you didn't have ANY options to use rage skills to increase your berserker time before, now you do. Yes of course if you want to max your berserker uptime, you load up on rage skills. You also DON'T have to load up on rage skills to max your berserker timeif you don't want to. In fact, I'm willing to bet that given the short increases you get from rage skills, it actually doesn't make sense to use them for that purpose; just using the regular Adrenaline gain mechanics while the Berserker CD is recharging is likely better than taking all rage skills.

You don't have options? That's a load of garbage ... you have as many options as you did before ... they just have different value now.

That's a bit false, rage skills before helped fuel the main mechanic, adrenaline, which assisted in the buildup of the next berserk and/or use of Burst skills, both Primal and non-Primal.

What Mesket is saying, is that by forcing Rage skills to be the only method which sustains Berserk State, which is now a requirement to use the all-important Burst skills Warrior is built around for many of the traits, you now give Warrior a forced choice in getting access to those Burst skills via more uptime from Rage skills and giving up on normal utilities, or having a lesser Berserk uptime thus less Bursts.

In other words, right now Berserk state is too hard to maintain without Rage, you WANT to be in Berserk always to have access to Bursts. Because giving up the normal utilities makes Berserker very weak.

I think that's the point though ... because in the eyes of Anet, the option to maintain berserker with Rage skills is a NEW benefit to the spec. If you don't take Rage skills, then you simply have the same berserker uptime prior to the patch. Whatever the change made here, there is no argument that we LOST options because the option never existed to increase berserker mode duration in the first place.

No, its not like prior the patch and that is what you still don't understand. BEFORE the patch, we got always angry to be able to dish some damage AND we could still use our mechanic. Now I have a full bar of adrenaline just sitting there for 12 seconds. It is a bad designed. You can't design a game to have a resource as important as that just sitting there for that long, its just bad. We used to have benefits for having full un-wasted adrenaline but we don't anymore. They either bring those back or give us something to do with the adrenaline we generated for nothing.

Obtena.7592 dude, have you played mained condi berserker and truly known it's rotation to hit a high percentile on gw2raidar? The new rotation is so freakishly boring just having to do berserker uptime. It's not JUST a reduction in a single skill. Condi berserkers lost Flurry and Combustive shot as well. Hello? That's a gigantic part of feeling the entire rotation. All we're doing is spamming flaming flurry and scorched earth?? Three abilities lost is pretty big. Why are you being so condescending to this guy for having a difference in opinion for saying that three buttons lost sucks because we don't have options. We literally can't use flurry or combustive shot anymore. THAT is hindering options. That's a lost in being able to immobilize, that's a lost to a completely different DPS ability and that's a loss to choose when we wanted to go in berserk or not.

That's not really accurate ... you didn't generate that adrenaline for nothing; You still need it when you want to use berserker mode off CD again. To be fair, conceptually, the way it's implemented makes more sense and maximizes the use of berserker and gives it the correct feel ... exactly what Anet intends an espec to do. I won't regal you about how important the theme/concept of the class is to Anet ... if you want to see that process describe by Anet themselves, check my sig.

What they haven't done is balance the value of the traits between the berserker and non-berserker modes ... much like how they failed to balance the traits for shroud on necro between shroud and non-shroud modes on game release. Maybe they think that the benefits of berserker make up for that ... I think that's hard to swallow that pill. History is repeating itself and Anet in this case is failing to see how strict adherence to their theme-driven class changes is significantly affecting the playability and value of the traits for the espec.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That's not really accurate ... you didn't generate that adrenaline for nothing; You still need it when you want to use berserker mode off CD again. To be fair, conceptually, the way it's implemented makes more sense and maximizes the use of berserker and gives it the correct feel ... exactly what Anet intends an espec to do. I won't regal you about how important the theme/concept of the class is to Anet ... if you want to see that process describe by Anet themselves, check my sig.

What they haven't done is balance the value of the traits between the berserker and non-berserker modes ... much like how they failed to balance the traits for shroud on necro between shroud and non-shroud modes on game release. Maybe they think that the benefits of berserker make up for that ... I think that's hard to swallow that pill. History is repeating itself and Anet in this case is failing to see how strict adherence to their theme-driven class changes is significantly affecting the playability and value of the traits for the espec.

Here's what snowcrows members think about this change. To give you an IDEA of why Condi Warrior mains hate this change. Just check the discord and the points I've made before. US berserkers DO Not have options. Don't try making that point. We have lost multiple abilities as I've said above.FromFallenToday at 10:10 PMliterally feels like youre just waiting and oding nothing while not in berserkwell imeancause we are tbhAllanToday at 10:13 PMIt's clear anet has nobody on the balance team capable of playing the game to any reasonable levelThey don't give a fuck about class fluidityNo point trying to be hc about it tbh, just do something that works since that's what anet wants anyways :GWcmeisterPeepoShrug:HunterToday at 10:15 PMi legit got like 31.5k earlieror somethingso

I like the removal of classic bursts as I chose this spec for primal bursts.What if they remove cooldown on berserk activation? You could activate it at any time provided you have 30 adrenaline. It is already a high cost.It would allow you to stay for long time in berserk mode, maybe perma with all skills/adren build.

Its to early to tell, only had a few fights in WvW and they were all teefs mostly. The superspeed and quickness are nice to have though, it makes it easier to land a compact burst, and stay on target to do it. I am using virtually the same core build I main but with Berserker traitline and a different heal. I am seeing a lot more Mace use along with Rousing Resilience. I use Scrapper Runes.

While I will save myself judging output of the spec, I have a small issue with few traits.

Specifically, traits that do stuff on Berserk activation have anti-synergy with the whole idea of prolonging Berserk as you get to use them less often.

They should maybe be able to trigger again while in Berserk mode for X amount of time or changed from the current design to something else.

Right now, the more you extend Berserk the less they matter.

EDIT: Also, a note. Berserk can't and shouldn't have 100% uptime. Otherwise it misses the whole point of the rework. The cooldown is minimal anyways.

After 6 hours of playing with the berserker in WvW and having faced 15 other berserkers, I can come to the simple conclusion that: in normal state it is too weak, with the active berserker it becomes very strong but it still has counterplay. Adding that the abilities that extend the berserker mode are more focused on a PvE environment, so in pvp and wvw the duration of the berserker will not be a problem. In my opinion, it's very fine and very fun, however, I must add that to reach 30 adrenaline points it becomes a very long task if you do not have Berserker's Stance :sleeping:

Update: Today i test the berserker in pvp ... it feels terribly weak...

Ah yes because using physical skills and rage skills for burning effect was so much different.

Head Butt is still the elite of choice because it's one of the best elites in the game. Outrage for 5 second increase combo afterwards is a no brainer. It's great that power is now a more viable choice. Once people get used to these changes it'll be just fine. You can't judge them after just one day that basically change the entire playstyle up besides the aforementioned physical skill spam. Also I'm not really sure what you would call "clunky". The cast time on Berserker? The cast time on GS F1? Hardly.

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:It's good but I still feel like I am not doing enough damage.Am I doing something wrong? What builds do you guys have that give you the most dps and is it viable compared to other damaging builds or even to BS?

I've been experimenting with GS/Axe/Axe with different degrees of decapitate camping vs arc dividerizing and different amounts of physical utility to proc Peak vs Zerk skills to extend Zerk mode... And honestly, everything I do to the golem ends up being the about the same (maybe slightly less) than my dps Spellbreaker build, while feeling a thousand times less fun to play. Obviously, I'm not as practiced with power zerker, and don't have a real, real rotation down for it, but still... Pretty underwhelming for what it is.

If anything, if they are determined on this style of play for zerkers, they need to tune up the skills and give it the highest 15 second burst in the game or whatever, because it's just the worst when you're not in zerk mode. And if you're making a build that is meant to shine in a small window of time and be horrible outside of it, it better be the best in that window... And Zerker just falls way short of that mark.

Ona positive note, the new burst skills themselves are great, and are epic to use, but how they fit into the context of a rotation is just gross to execute.

And while I didn't even try it out, this is just a rough change for our poor condi BS friendo's. Another step from anet towards making support classes less fun and more of a chore to play.

@mordefelix.5826 said:

@"Sykper.6583" said:IMHO, Warrior is already getting a massive trade-off for access to damage increases and new Burst skills by having their Toughness drop down to a light armor level. It should be effortless to maintain 100% Berserk uptime without costing more than 1 utility slot for a Rage skill to assist in this.

Ok first of all. The damage trade off increases for what Skyper.6583? There was no trade off beecause the loss of always angry has pretty much just balanced out the damage. It was just a nerf overall with toughness bringing us to glass cannon levels. We lost 7 percent damage overall and 7 percent condi damage. And with how berserk works our damage has decreased if you're playing a traditional condi banner slave. And it's not effortless by the way, not a single snowcrows member is maintaining 100% berserk uptime with just ONE utility slot for a rage skill to assist in this. They're using an elite skill and one utility skill for banner slave. You want to tell me that I can do 100% berserk uptime without costing more than 1 utility slot for a rage skill? Get out of here with your "BS" (no pun intended).

Sorry if I misinterpret you or you misinterpret me, but I was saying it is a stupid design to force Berserkers to eat up MORE rage skills in their utility bar so they can actually do their class mechanic, that Core Warrior and Spellbreaker don't need to. What I WANTED to say is that, specifically, excluding HB the other normal rage skills utilities, using any single one of them at a correct time and context will do the same thing as HB and keep you in Berserk 100%, HB should be the CC button you need to use in PvE or something in case you mess up your Berserk uptime rotation.

@Obtena.7952 said:

The benefit shouldn't have such a prevalent drawback in the form of removing Burst Skills is the key. If anything they could have done something similar to Druid and slapped a permanent Power/Condition damage modifier to Berserker outside of Berserk so we could keep our normal burst skills and not gut the Berserker outside of Berserk.

We would still be a weaker core warrior if we can't maintain berserk, from a damage output, but we could at least use Burst skills which help with attack flows and traits.

@mordefelix.5826 said:@Obtena.7952 said:

Here's what snowcrows members think about this change. To give you an IDEA of why Condi Warrior mains hate this change. Just check the discord and the points I've made before. US berserkers DO Not have options. Don't try making that point. We have lost multiple abilities as I've said above.FromFallenToday at 10:10 PMliterally feels like youre just waiting and oding nothing while not in berserkwell imeancause we are tbhAllanToday at 10:13 PMIt's clear anet has nobody on the balance team capable of playing the game to any reasonable levelThey don't give a kitten about class fluidityNo point trying to be hc about it tbh, just do something that works since that's what anet wants anyways :GWcmeisterPeepoShrug:HunterToday at 10:15 PMi legit got like 31.5k earlieror somethingso

I'm not going to entertain the ridiculous notion Berserkers don't have options. Choose your words carefully. I think Berserker has problems, but no options isn't one of them; they have JUST as many options as core warrior because they have access to the same number of traits, skills, etc ...

The issue I am finding with it is that it takes too long to build into berserk mode, all the while you are not using utility skills so as not to waste cd so you can then be able to extend what is an extremely short base time for the berserk. Which then you repeat. It feels like now being in berserk mode is a pretty small part of being a berserker and requires a lot of build in. The utility skills aren't particularly worthwhile beyond the time extension either and core skills are often better. Which of course if you take, gimps the berserker even further (which would be fine in theory if the berserker was in a better state right now).

I'm not testing it in high end or competitive content mind you and whilst I kinda like the direction the new Berserker went in, it feels like it was implemented based on theory and not practical testing and rushed out the door to hit a deadline. There's a lot of numbers which need tweaking and possibly some utilities need looking at to see if they even still compliment the new style any more.

I don't think it is a disaster and is fixable, but it is a disappointment given it sounded great in the preview.

@mordefelix.5826 said:@"Obtena.7952" said:

Here's what snowcrows members think about this change. To give you an IDEA of why Condi Warrior mains hate this change. Just check the discord and the points I've made before. US berserkers DO Not have options. Don't try making that point. We have lost multiple abilities as I've said above.FromFallenToday at 10:10 PMliterally feels like youre just waiting and oding nothing while not in berserkwell imeancause we are tbhAllanToday at 10:13 PMIt's clear anet has nobody on the balance team capable of playing the game to any reasonable levelThey don't give a kitten about class fluidityNo point trying to be hc about it tbh, just do something that works since that's what anet wants anyways :GWcmeisterPeepoShrug:HunterToday at 10:15 PMi legit got like 31.5k earlieror somethingso

32.5k? interesting anywhere i can read up the rotation and or gear/build? edit nvm found it

highest i got and can keep up so far is 30.4-ish pretty much reaper lvl dps, which i'm not all that happy with

decapitate instant recharge is nice, but on outnumbered fights ypu'll miss the old decapitate

arc divider is awesome now tho, it hits deecent when u have some might build up. i hope for a slower animation (maybe give 1 stack of stability on first hit? so that the waves are spread out more time-wise. it's now possible to sidestep the first wave and dodge both the second and the third in a single dodgeroll which is just lame

@Obtena.7952 said:

I'm not going to entertain the ridiculous notion Berserkers don't have options. Choose your words carefully. I think Berserker has problems, but no options isn't one of them; they have JUST as many options as core warrior because they have access to the same number of traits, skills, etc ...

Ok I'll choose my words carefully. WE have far less viable options than before. Which I said in a previous post to you... With condi berserker they cannot no longer immobilize with F1, combustive shot is gone as DPS and literally any other weapon set we have lots all our F1 options. We literally do the nothing but bad dps when berserk time is down. The downtime in itself we at least had the option to F1 and choose to be in berserk anytime we wanted to use it in specific situations but in order to do good damage now we have to be in berserk at all times. Any form of actual applicable utility has gone down quite a bit in lieu of... what exactly? Less damage less toughness in terms of banner berserkers. Our utility has gone to crap in terms of Berserker warriors. Yeah core warrior have just as many options but it definitely has more ACTUAL options for utility and a place in fractals and raids. It only needs axes to DPS and maces to CC. It has the option to CC AND DPS. Berserker warriors atm seemingly need GS/double axes, both with absolutely crappy cc and right now we're seeing a subpar form of power DPS variant from them now to even consider them being part of the meta. Condi banner berserk's only option is still longbow and sword torch, both dps weapons with almost zero cc. Why remove F1 and F2 and also remove our choice to go to berserk when wanted?

I tried EVERYTHING I could.. from having full 18 infusions, different food combinations, different rotations.. The extra Damage Anet stated... simply isn't there

and before anyone says anything Arc divider + Blood Reckoning + Arc Divider is not as good as you think.. that burst could probably kill a couple of people in wvw/pvp but that's about it.

• 3 weeks later...