LWS5: I believe we are going to Cantha

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:5 mins to go...

Edit: Told you so! :p

Yes. A real prediction [...]

No need to be rude. I wasn't predicting anything, I was merely saying that more stuff is going to be released that hints towards Cantha. :s Geez.

This, the Echovald design weaopon set and glider, the Shrine Guardian mount and outfit, and what not.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:He's still not working with the simple, obvious fact that Cantha, if ever released would only be released as an X-Pac, and not Living World.

Based on what they did to WvW with the Warclaw, they will milk every penny out of this ride.

To be fair, they did hint at content typically being saved for expansions being released in Season 5. Granted, that's probably more mounts and the continued style of content we've gotten in season 4, but I don't think it's impossible. Certainly unlikely though, and as much as I would like to go there sooner rather than later, having a large continent to explore all at once is a bit more exciting than exploring sections piece by piece.

They are already milking Cantha. I have no toons that would suit that Rit outfit - so they are going after the nostalgia that people so happily bang on about. I miss FoW and UW too so maybe lets get the feels with those zones and i might get the FoW Mesmer skin in the store.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Well, we've had Canthan-inspired Outfits for years...

And now we have a full weapon set, too, and a back item - as I mentioned before. There was a lot released in a short time, which is why I feel that it might happen after all.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:To be fair, they did hint at content typically being saved for expansions being released in Season 5.

Indeed. So let's wait and see what happens. :)

That's if we go to any new maps. They have taken on board that some folk don't want to venture new maps which is obviously less work for them. They moan about lack of content but refuse to say what content they want or what would keep them going to the new maps.
I personally don't think these new items are any nod to Cantha coming at all. They are just a nod that they are aware people would like to go there, so offer a trinket rather than lay any breadcrumbs.Oh well some of the Charr areas in GW:EM were nice, maybe they will listen and it will be a charr related story, because everyone is fed up with humans.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Well, we've had Canthan-inspired Outfits for years...

And now we have a full weapon set, too, and a back item - as I mentioned before. There was a lot released in a short time, which is why I feel that it might happen after all.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:To be fair, they did hint at content typically being saved for expansions being released in Season 5.

What weaponset are you talking about?

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

What weaponset are you talking about?

I believe the defiant glass set and glider eluding to the Cathedrals and Kurzicks in Echovald. From the glider I got quite a bit of a similar vibe, but the weapon set I didn't really see too much of a similarity even if it's named similarly or themed similarly.

And, to play devil's advocate a bit:

1. It could be likely that these are items being added to the game due to assets being worked on behind the scenes, because it would be a lot more efficient to develop gem store content around items that you can reuse assets for, or develop said items using pre-existing assets whether it be textures, models, etc..

2. It could be just as likely, that as someone else mentioned, they know that people have been itching for Cantha for quite some time and these items are a way of scratching that itch and making items with a high chance of desirability.

I wouldn't look too much into it. For each of the canthan themed items we've had in the gemstore we've probably had about the same number of random Sci-fi or high fantasy themed item be implemented as well, i.e. Inquest - Dynamic suits, mount packs. The Timekeeper outfit was kind of out of the blue as well, but the weapon set was pretty well done and pretty well received so they probably realized it had potential and themed an outfit around it.

I definitely don't think Cantha is as off the table as many people seem to think, but given they just expanded the map before POF quite a lot and we haven't ventured to any of areas that would necessitate expanding that far east, I think it's much more likely that Season 5 will expand east into those areas.

And for all we know, Cantha shut down its borders to outsiders but that doesn't mean that sometime during Season 5 we couldn't discover an entire civilization or groups of Canthans that have migrated out of Cantha into those eastern territories, especially toward the southern and east coastal regions where people could have just sailed without modern day Kryta having any knowledge of them.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:What weaponset are you talking about?

I believe the defiant glass set and glider eluding to the Cathedrals and Kurzicks in Echovald.

This.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:And, to play devil's advocate a bit:

1. It could be likely that these are items being added to the game due to assets being worked on behind the scenes, because it would be a lot more efficient to develop gem store content around items that you can reuse assets for, or develop said items using pre-existing assets whether it be textures, models, etc..

2. It could be just as likely, that as someone else mentioned, they know that people have been itching for Cantha for quite some time and these items are a way of scratching that itch and making items with a high chance of desirability.

:+1: Exactly. So, everything is possible. ;)

Just been going through old GW1 screenshots, might upload them on Imgur and post here later. <3

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Samnang.1879" said:if we r, please not cherry blossoms and pagodas everywhere... those things are not the only symbols of "asia".

Check my gallery link above before misjudging Cantha. ;)

oooooooooo i like it. now i want to go there in gw2. :D i googled cantha and i saw was pagodas and i was just like omg.

but i love the many varieties of asian cultures in cantha in gw1i love this place for example:https://i.imgur.com/SuYVMoV.jpg

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Dami.5046" said:We had a dervish outfit and weapon, but I don't see that class being made playable anytime soon. :(

No, but we have been to Elona, no? That's my point, not the elite specs (which were just an idea of mine).

Here's the
. <3

Don't get me wrong. I want Cantha. want want want.I'm hoping i'm wrong and they will go there :)Btw your pictures are stunning. Guildwars as a whole was a stunning game, but I immediately was drawn to my beloved kurzick lands <3 Ahh the feels.The writers can totally re-write history and lore, I don't believe they couldn't bring Dragons into Cantha, the place was full of them. Kunny for one and saltspray dragon in AB.