I'm a visitor here, but I need help from you guys

Lydia.7913

I really thought that barrier spam Scrapper would receive some attention in PvP during this patch... but it hasn't. So Scrappers that can sustain up to 1v3 are still a thing.

Having never played Engineer, I have a dim understanding of its weak points to exploit. Am I wasting my time attempting to kill Scrappers, or is there some Achilles Heel that isn't being recognized in gold 2/3? So far, the only thing I've identified that can reliably bring one down is getting lucky and interrupting just long enough to do an actual burst on it.

Help appreciated.

@"Lydia.7913" said:I really thought that barrier spam Scrapper would receive some attention in PvP during this patch... but it hasn't. So Scrappers that can sustain up to 1v3 are still a thing.

Having never played Engineer, I have a dim understanding of its weak points to exploit. Am I wasting my time attempting to kill Scrappers, or is there some Achilles Heel that isn't being recognized in gold 2/3? So far, the only thing I've identified that can reliably bring one down is getting lucky and interrupting just long enough to do an actual burst on it.

Help appreciated.

Dealing with scrapper isn't actually all that hard when you know their vulnerabilities, particularly the common "tank" build you see nowadays.

1. Low access to stability. The only guaranteed stability that scrapper has comes from defense field. Once you see that stability disappear, CC to your heart's content. Most scrapper builds only have one stunbreak, which is also on a fairly long cooldown.
  2. Spike damage is very effective when bulwark gyro is on cooldown. You can tell bulwark gyro has been used because you'll see a massive surge in barrier. Once that barrier is gone, go to town on DPS.
  3. Condi, currently, doesn't do much against scrapper. Sorry.
  4. They should be your last target. Focus on high damage targets first, and leave the scrapper for last.
  5. Scrapper isn't super mobile. You have to burn gyros to get superspeed, or burn lightning field to get swiftness. If you have two points, don't bother with attacking the scrapper on the other point. Just rotate around it so that the enemy team is always 4v5.

1. Condi, currently, doesn't do much against scrapper. Sorry.This is disappointing news for me and my build, but helpful all the same.

I looked up the CD for bulwark... it is only 20s (LOOOL), but looking to burst inbetween this is good advice. I'll try to do that. Thanks!

@Lydia.7913 said:I really thought that barrier spam Scrapper would receive some attention in PvP during this patch... but it hasn't. So Scrappers that can sustain up to 1v3 are still a thing.

Help appreciated.

Player sic em ranger and it's variants. There is a post by a guy called Trevor on ranger forums.His character is called gank. His build basically kills scrappers in seconds on plat level.

I was killed by him on my scrapper on plat lvl. I just switch out to warrior when I see him now. I also have been run his build albiet some adjustments. With unblock. Sic em skill 2 will basically 1 shot scrapper barrier or no barrier.

If he some how dodged it. Go great sword. Worldly impact and skill 2 will kill it. If it doesn't die u can auto attack it to death.

With sic em ranger. Scrapper is a free kill.

U can also kill with warrior but it requires another of timing. U have to wait for stability to be used. This can be seen by the giant dome. Once it's gone u just need to bulls charge, hundred blades, arching slice. GG. If some how he's not dead. Rampage will def kill him

1 shot Chrono will kill a scrapper. With continueum split u can double 1 shot to ensure he's dead.

Rev burst is strong enough to burn thru all the barrier. By then u can auto attack to death.

Reaper cc. Then dps. Once caught takes about 2 seconds

Scrapper is only good vs condi. With capable hands on a dps build. A scrapper is basically worthless.

If your build has some pulls/knock-backs, you can decap and even cap the point that scrapper is holding eventually since it's just a bunker, it cant kill you without help. By doing so, you just make him absolutely useless to his team.

@FyzE.3472 said:If your build has some pulls/knock-backs, you can decap and even cap the point that scrapper is holding eventually since it's just a bunker, it cant kill you without help. By doing so, you just make him absolutely useless to his team.

Yeah, I'm able to push most scrappers off the point long enough to decap/cap when I'm on my prot holo.

Careful with his hammer 5. It's a rather long aoe stun with decent range. Classic hammer 5 + 3 combo. If traited, it can stack on some hefty stab and bulb. Most scrappers play with at least one kit to keep them from being kited. Usually elixir gun and mortar kit. Mortar kit is unique in that skill 1 is the only one on the game where you can hit your target without having a line of sight by utilizing the projectile trajectory (and you can lob the mortars over walls like smoke screen and wall of reflection).

@"Lydia.7913" said:

1. Condi, currently, doesn't do much against scrapper. Sorry.This is disappointing news for me and my build, but helpful all the same.

I looked up the CD for bulwark... it is only 20s (LOOOL), but looking to burst inbetween this is good advice. I'll try to do that. Thanks!

Just checking in. Had any success?

@"Lydia.7913" said:

Every condi makes them stronger. They convert them into boons.I assume you play ranger. You my wanna play power soulbeast instead a condi variant. They have unblockable and good burst.Due to the lack of CC you may have not that great of a match up but it's way better than before.