I would like to start a discussion about the upcoming changes to elementalist.
@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
With the addition of the weaver and sword abilities in Path of Fire™, the main-hand dagger weapon set has been struggling with its identity. The weaver's sword is intended to be a single-target, high-DPS weapon that relies on direct hits to deal damage. In this update, we're leaning into the dagger's close-range area-of-effect damage and burst attacks.
- Cone of Cold: The base healing value of this skill has been increased by approximately 20%.
- Cleansing Wave: The base healing value of this skill has been increased by approximately 20%.
- Evasive Arcana: The base healing value of this trait has been increased by approximately 20%.
- Arcane Abatement: Cleansing Wave: The base healing value of this trait has been increased by approximately 20%.
- Swirling Winds: Reduced the radius of this skill from 400 to 360. The visual effect of this skill now displays a red ring for enemies and a white ring for allies.
- Vapor Form: Fixed an issue in which this skill would sometimes fail to revive a poisoned player. Fixed an issue in which applying barrier to an elementalist in Vapor Form prevented them from being downed when the skill ended by timing out. Removed an unlisted function of this skill that caused it to apply regeneration to nearby allies.
- Dragon's Claw: Projectiles from this skill now pierce enemies.
- Ring of Earth: This skill has been slightly reworked. It now delivers an attack early in the animation, and then another attack upon impacting the ground. Bleeding duration per impact has been reduced from 12 seconds to 6 seconds. Initial impact damage is 27.5% of the final impact. Final impact damage has not changed from the skill's initial value.
Magnetic Leap: This skill has been renamed Earthen Rush and reworked.
- Earthen Rush: Quickly dash along the ground, summoning damaging spikes along the way and then delivering an area attack, immobilizing any enemy struck.
Lightning Whip: The range of this skill has been reduced from 300 to 240.
Lightning Touch: This skill has been reworked and renamed Convergence.
- Convergence: After a 1-second delay, lightning strikes the elementalist, dealing damage and weakening foes in a 240 radius while granting the elementalist fury for each foe struck.
Invoke Lightning: Fixed an issue in which this skill ignored the Disable Player Camera Shake option.
- Glyph of Storms (Air): Fixed an issue in which this skill ignored the Disable Player Camera Shake option.
- Imbued Melodies: This trait now uses the Lesser Sand Squall skill instead of the Sand Squall skill.
Since elementalist has been subpar since PoF hit, the whole ele community has been waiting for significant buffs. Call them reworks, changes or relative buffs by nerfing others, it doesn't matter. Fact is, nothing has really changed on ele for about 1.5 years now.
This patch will not change anything. Like, at all. Nothing on FA ele, nothing for weaver, tempest. There have been plenty of suggestions not only here in the PVP forum, but on the ele subforum as well.
So, I would like to ask elementalist players or interested community members to write down what you would like to see. I know, I know, I shouldn't ask for realistic changes, but I do it anyway. I do not want to see elementalist buffed to heavens, I just want it to be halfway competitive.
I'll give you a starting point.
I'd love fury back in arcane... but that probably counts as unrealistic. I am not asking for PVE or WVW changes, purely PVP perspective.
So, what would you add? What would you not like to see? What about staff, FA?