The Game Vault Awaits

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cronos.6532 said:Also, by the gods, please stop offering Toy Miniature Eggs for promotions. Offer a Black Lion Chest key, but make it so only one can be redeemed per account (and that it doesn't work on Free accounts or something). Almost all Toy Miniature Egg redemptions are a net waste of time; the chance at receiving anything worth your time is far too low, even if you're a new player with zero miniatures. Perhaps add a fourth series of miniatures?

Yeah, registering with Alienware is not worth the 4 silver you sell the egg for.

I have successfully registered and gotten my Dragon T. I have no idea what the ARP are for, though, or what people mean by spinning a wheel for a mini egg. And having been out at a doctor's appointment, I assume more than 9K people registered before me and there won't be a $25 Dell reward for me. That part is fine, though. But could someone help me figure out the ARP and wheel spinning?

For those not sure where to find the t shirt code, check the "My Rewards" tab on the Alienware site.

EDIT: Figured it out. Did the quests, spun the wheel, got 25 DA$ and some ARP. I also found the ARP progression and it is all about having a fancier setup on your forum posts on the site. Colored borders, more avatar choices, etc. If you don't want to post on Alienware Arena, well ... Rytlock voice Irrelevant.

@naujocks.2319 said:For the life of me I can't find where to get the outfit code. Have a new Alienware Arena account. Played the mini-games. See no rewards or codes.

Outfit code is in a modal dialog after completing account verification + username + real name + country/state/province. Afterwards, it appears under My Rewards in account settings (not Giveaways), but only if you're American. The tab does not appear if you are not connecting from a US IP (even if you want the Toy Miniature Egg).

Can somebody explain this because everytime I click on the Guild Wars 2 promotion, then I select one of the 4 "opportunities" all it does it redirect me to a "quest" page and the quest is to "the new supercharger GTC16 laptop...BUY NOW!!" I mean is the only way the enter this promotion through buying their crap? The outside of the icons show some tap wheel or selection race...etc but I just get this stupid quest page.

It is completely impossible to create an account as all the activation email link ever does is timeout and bring to a page does not exist message. The website work horrendously. 99% of rewards are US only with only a toy miniature egg which has worse odd than the lottery to actually get anything of value available widely. What the hell kind of promotion is this?

The egg codes are already out. And yet for EU players, the outfit code is still nowhere to be found. Which means that if you are an EU veteran/new player, this promotion is as good as useless for you 3 hours since its release. Guess we can stop registering the account.

Edit: > @Sligher.6043 said:

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:If you're not seeing the Miniature Egg on Alienware Arena, try this link:

I was not seeing it, because I created my account through your link and afterwards was on the
webpage, but this is the North America Alienware giveaway webpage. To get the egg in Europe you need to go to the European Alienware giveaway webpage:

Thanks to Slighter's link there is still approximately 19000 egg keys as of now on EU giveaway site. I wonder if a few slivers justify three hours of my time tho?

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:If you're not seeing the Miniature Egg on Alienware Arena, try this link: https://www.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2011423

I was not seeing it, because I created my account through your link and afterwards was on the https://na.alienwarearena.com/page/gamevault webpage, but this is the North America Alienware giveaway webpage. To get the egg in Europe you need to go to the European Alienware giveaway webpage: https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2011423

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@"derd.6413" said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

Cool....any love for us Canadian players? We tend to get shafted out of "US Only" things, and barely get mentioned when the masses start complaining about Europe not getting anything. Your follow up comment doesn't give me any warm and fuzzy....and we need that...there's snow up here...

• ArenaNet Staff

@MrGreeghan.2753 said:The egg codes are already out. And yet for EU players, the outfit code is still nowhere to be found. Which means that if you are an EU veteran/new player, this promotion is as good as useless for you 3 hours since its release. Guess we can stop registering the account.

There are still codes for Miniature Eggs available but we're investigating an issue where it shows the wrong message.

Great stuff... unfortunately its not. A lot of people actually mentioned the fanbase split between NA and rest of the world - personally I can;t care less as I already have the outfit and at least it SHOULD stop key sellers popping up on my lfg. But it will aggravate a lot of non US players - especially after making it a "big news" story visible by everyone - unless its the fabled "you are not allowed" marketing strategy from that one South Park episode?

Funny enough, you teamed up with Alienware in the past, quite recently to be honest, by giving away the Christmas Hat skin - and I don't recall any grief about that. There was plenty of keys in quite a few drops easily accessible and available to both US and non-US players - great, I know it made at least a few of my friends actually create AWA account (which I believe in the end was the main purpose of teaming up like that from Alienware side at least?). This time around the global keys have been claimed within roughly an hour from publishing on AWA site - yet there is a huge global news about it even in the launcher - just adding to the general disappointment of the players.

EDIT: I stand (slightly) corrected, EU code page has now been fixed and is showing available keys, so in case you are still stumbling in the dark: https://www.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2011423

@Sligher.6043 said:

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:If you're not seeing the Miniature Egg on Alienware Arena, try this link:

I was not seeing it, because I created my account through your link and afterwards was on the
webpage, but this is the North America Alienware giveaway webpage. To get the egg in Europe you need to go to the European Alienware giveaway webpage:

This was the correct link and as of typing there was about 15,000 eggs left. You do need to use the European site if you are not from the NA but again, this was not made clear at all. I got sooooo lucky and got my 4silver mini.... Probably why people are pissed, this giveaway was a cluster---- and poorly planned; and as some have said most likely a cheap way to just get our personal information. Blocking off a huge portion of your fanbase is idiotic from digital items that you can clearly just hand out at any point if you wanted but also tricking us into getting our personal information for investors makes us seriously not want to trust Anet at all.

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:If you're not seeing the Miniature Egg on Alienware Arena, try this link: https://www.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2011423

nice ignoring all the non-US players who are fed up with ANET only giving nice things to US players. Here AND twitter.

Has noone at anet thought about the signal you are sending to the vast majority of your userbase? First the kung fu tea disaster now this.

US players get goodies, the rest NOTHING.

How is ANET going to right this wrong?

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

It is starting to feel like Anet dislikes Canada as well as EU. Why do we not get to participate?

I really enjoy seeing how you ignored the outfit part of this giveaway, so Alienware/Dell are deciding for Arenanet on a GW2 digital good as well is what you are telling us? @Stephane Lo Presti.7258

Canada is ALSO forgotten of this. This is not NA and forgetting the rest, it's legit just the US. Canada exists and is once again ignored. Really really frustrating as a Canadian player to see this plus not even be part of the discourse either. Thanks for forgetting us.

Why don't you just come out and say it again that this is because the companies cannot be arsed to deal with the laws on giveaways/contests/raffles outside of the US? This is the obvious reason.

@"Lamont.5973" said:OK still see nothing on reward page - i get the choice between "ARP" and "Leaderboard" but nothing on either page.

There are a lot of tabs on the left on one of the pages. One of those is "My Rewards" which is the one you want. How to get to the page with that? I ... don't remember, I just stumbled on it. Might be under the Account section.

I sure hope that this site wasn't even nominated for a Webby, let alone a winner, the navigation and explanations are horribly confusing.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"Lamont.5973" said:OK still see nothing on reward page - i get the choice between "ARP" and "Leaderboard" but nothing on either page.

There are a lot of tabs on the left on one of the pages. One of those is "My Rewards" which is the one you want. How to get to the page with that? I ... don't remember, I just stumbled on it. Might be under the Account section.

I sure hope that this site wasn't even nominated for a Webby, let alone a winner, the navigation and explanations are horribly confusing.

That is the one I went to after trying the main account page. I have a 25.00 reward with dell but no outfit. I am US player