(SOLVED) Mini on the promo

I just signed up for the free promo with alienware and added my code to the game to get my outfit, but it didn't give me a mini egg. I went back and noticed that you have to press another link to get the egg which is not right since I assumed the promo code did it all. So I pressed the link when I got back and it says I cannot go to that place. Why? I did this for the mini and you set it up to have to jump hoops to get an egg really? Why can't I go to the place to allow me to get the mini?

I don't know how the promotion works because I haven't entered it, but I wouldn't worry too much about not getting the mini egg, it just gives a random mini - none of them are unique to the egg and most of them are tradable. (The only ones listed on the Wiki article which aren't tradable are the two mini llamas and I'm not entirely convinced they drop from the egg since they're supposed to be PvP exclusive). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toy_Mini_Egg

I know it's annoying if that's the thing you really wanted, but at least you're not missing anything you can't get another way.

Thanks for the information. I guess it wasn't as much I wanted the egg, but more in that they can't seem to set things up so it is strait forward or maybe I am just to old. LOLBut reading up on promo pinned to the discussions page, which I missed because I never look at the pinned announcements, it seems they have a lot more problems then me simply not getting an egg. You would think they would have learned from the prior promo, and I would have stuck to my guns and not did it to prevent my email from being inundated by spam from alienware. But I guess like anet I am glutton for punishment. LOL

@Cull.3960 said:

@"Jamtaur.9628" said:there's a bug report about it on the alienware arena forums, theyve fixed it

its still not working properly.i claimed a key and if i want to redeem it i only get a message that it cannot be redeemed :/

when you click to redeem a code in the gw2 store, did you make sure to then click a link underneath that to redeem an item code, and enter it there?

its still not working properly.i claimed a key and if i want to redeem it i only get a message that it cannot be redeemed :/

when you click to redeem a code in the gw2 store, did you make sure to then click a link underneath that to redeem an item code, and enter it there?

thank you very much, you had the right idea =)

i had to turn on "Redeem Item Code" but i still had "Redeem Gem Code" turned on.

thx again ;)