The Game Vault Awaits

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@MrGreeghan.2753 said:The egg codes are already out. And yet for EU players, the outfit code is still nowhere to be found. Which means that if you are an EU veteran/new player, this promotion is as good as useless for you 3 hours since its release. Guess we can stop registering the account.

There are still codes for Miniature Eggs available but we're investigating an issue where it shows the wrong message.

How many Miniature Eggs in total will be given out?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@MrGreeghan.2753 said:The egg codes are already out. And yet for EU players, the outfit code is still nowhere to be found. Which means that if you are an EU veteran/new player, this promotion is as good as useless for you 3 hours since its release. Guess we can stop registering the account.

There are still codes for Miniature Eggs available but we're investigating an issue where it shows the wrong message.

cries the miniiiissss! oh the hu-mini-ty

@Kitta.3657 said:I really enjoy seeing how you ignored the outfit part of this giveaway, so Alienware/Dell are deciding for Arenanet on a GW2 digital good as well is what you are telling us? @Stephane Lo Presti.7258

Canada is ALSO forgotten of this. This is not NA and forgetting the rest, it's legit just the US. Canada exists and is once again ignored. Really really frustrating as a Canadian player to see this plus not even be part of the discourse either. Thanks for forgetting us.

Why don't you just come out and say it again that this is because the companies cannot be kitten to deal with the laws on giveaways/contests/raffles outside of the US? This is the obvious reason.

Use a VPN. Is yelling at Anet on their forum going to do anybody any good? It's Dell's issue..

@Solsky.8296 said:

@derd.6413 said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

It is starting to feel like Anet dislikes Canada as well as EU. Why do we not get to participate?

From what I've read there are some funny rules Canada has about giveaways.It's not Anet's fault your country is being silly.

In Canada, for example, the winner cannot be chosen by a random selection, but rather some element of skill must be involved. And if you do wish to open your giveaway to residents of Canada, you must go one step further and either exclude Quebec or add in the various additional rules that province requires.

So I actually, final have codes for the egg and the outfit...woohooo. Yyyyyyyeeeeaaah, neither one works in the gem store, I've tried pasting, typing, praying, cursing, aa little voodoo and still nothing. Does these "codes" expire, or rather, when this this issues gets fixed will the codes I have even work? Good times.

@"valhalahunter.9863" said:So I actually, final have codes for the egg and the outfit...woohooo. Yyyyyyyeeeeaaah, neither one works in the gem store, I've tried pasting, typing, praying, cursing, aa little voodoo and still nothing. Does these "codes" expire, or rather, when this this issues gets fixed will the codes I have even work? Good times.

https://account.arena.net/overview you input the codes here

I would like to point out that the text for this promotion is a little misleading. It says "dragon outfit" but it is actually the "dragon emblem clothing outfit". (and the link says "dragonsuit") And the promotional image doesn't show the outfit, this can lead many people into thinking that it is a new outfit created for promotions instead of the same one from before.

@Halvaard.1034 said:In Canada, for example, the winner cannot be chosen by a random selection, but rather some element of skill must be involved. And if you do wish to open your giveaway to residents of Canada, you must go one step further and either exclude Quebec or add in the various additional rules that province requires.

That is not true at all. The winners of the said contest have to answer the skill-testing question only to claim the prize. The extra rules in Quebec are mostly in regard to having the rules in French and English. Not silly at all. What IS silly is how a few extra rules deter Anet from including the many players who live in Canada.

@Solsky.8296 said:

@Halvaard.1034 said:In Canada, for example, the winner cannot be chosen by a random selection, but rather some element of skill must be involved. And if you do wish to open your giveaway to residents of Canada, you must go one step further and either exclude Quebec or add in the various additional rules that province requires.

That is not true at all. The winners of the said contest have to answer the skill-testing question only to claim the prize. The extra rules in Quebec are mostly in regard to having the rules in French and English. Not silly at all. What IS silly is how a few extra rules deter Anet from including the many players who live in Canada.

Extra work is still extra work.

Why, ArenaNet, can't you just not do things like this — things that you should by now know makes your non-US players upset? Is it so hard to not add desired in-game items to these kinds of promotions? It's a way for US-residing players to try win some physical hardware and Dell coupons, right? I get that you are trying to datamine personal details for your partners by appealing to players who perhaps wouldn't otherwise care for trying to win the physical hardware/coupons, but you are simultaneously kittening your non-US players by making them feel excluded yet again. Kung Fu Tea drama has barely calmed down.. where's the Thumbs Down button on the Forums for official posts and official posts only?

So if I understand this correctly, the US had a chance to get the outfit last time because it was US only and now they do this shit again and the people that already have the outfit can get it again? And EU player can get an egg! yaaay! I understand the alienware part but don't say it's because of them EU people can't get the outfit. I know anet is a US based company but why open server en EU if you don't really care about them? And don't say we will get some stuff for EU soon! We all know you all just saying that to make people shut up.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Kitta.3657 said:I really enjoy seeing how you ignored the outfit part of this giveaway, so Alienware/Dell are deciding for Arenanet on a GW2 digital good as well is what you are telling us? @"Stephane Lo Presti.7258"

Canada is ALSO forgotten of this. This is not NA and forgetting the rest, it's legit just the US. Canada exists and is once again ignored. Really really frustrating as a Canadian player to see this plus not even be part of the discourse either. Thanks for forgetting us.

Why don't you just come out and say it again that this is because the companies cannot be kitten to deal with the laws on giveaways/contests/raffles outside of the US? This is the obvious reason.

Use a VPN. Is yelling at Anet on their forum going to do anybody any good? It's Dell's issue..

Way to miss the point entirely and be wrong as well.

"yelling" ? you have quite the short threshold.

@"Crashdown.7419" said:So if I understand this correctly, the US had a chance to get the outfit last time because it was US only and now they do this kitten again and the people that already have the outfit can get it again? And EU player can get an egg! yaaay! I understand the alienware part but don't say it's because of them EU people can't get the outfit. I know anet is a US based company but why open server en EU if you don't really care about them? And don't say we will get some stuff for EU soon! We all know you all just saying that to make people shut up.

They are a US based company, so usually other US based companies are going to be the ones willing/wanting to partner with them for promotions. But not all US based companies reach outside of the US like Anet does. So things get limited.

They said they are looking to get some stuff for EU people and your response is to indirectly call them liars. That is not very encouraging to Anet.

Regional promotions are super common. Even really large and world-wide companies will have region specific promotions. like Pokemon does Japan-only promotions all the time and no one stomps their feet and tries to call it "discrimination".

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@"Crashdown.7419" said:So if I understand this correctly, the US had a chance to get the outfit last time because it was US only and now they do this kitten again and the people that already have the outfit can get it again? And EU player can get an egg! yaaay! I understand the alienware part but don't say it's because of them EU people can't get the outfit. I know anet is a US based company but why open server en EU if you don't really care about them? And don't say we will get some stuff for EU soon! We all know you all just saying that to make people shut up.

They are a US based company, so usually other US based companies are going to be the ones willing/wanting to partner with them for promotions. But not all US based companies reach outside of the US like Anet does. So things get limited.

They said they are looking to get some stuff for EU people and your response is to indirectly call them liars. That is not very encouraging to Anet.

Regional promotions are super common. Even really large and world-wide companies will have region specific promotions. like Pokemon does Japan-only promotions all the time and no one stomps their feet and tries to call it "discrimination".

Anet has never done a promotion that was specific to EU only. At least half their player base is EU. I doubt they are now gonna change their ways. Like I said the outfit has nothing to do with alienware this is just them. So an easy code for an outfit is just not possible for EU players? And if you are already registered to the Alienware website you get nothing. First seeing then believing but I have a feeling I'll be fine.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"Lamont.5973" said:OK still see nothing on reward page - i get the choice between "ARP" and "Leaderboard" but nothing on either page.

There are a lot of tabs on the left on one of the pages. One of those is "My Rewards" which is the one you want. How to get to the page with that? I ... don't remember, I just stumbled on it. Might be under the Account section.

I sure hope that this site wasn't even nominated for a Webby, let alone a winner, the navigation and explanations are horribly confusing.

My Rewards is indeed under the account section, but it doesn't appear if you're not American. Even if you have gotten rewards in the past. Note that it's different from the Giveaways tab (where the Toy Mini Egg code is).

@Crashdown.7419 said:

@Crashdown.7419 said:So if I understand this correctly, the US had a chance to get the outfit last time because it was US only and now they do this kitten again and the people that already have the outfit can get it again? And EU player can get an egg! yaaay! I understand the alienware part but don't say it's because of them EU people can't get the outfit. I know anet is a US based company but why open server en EU if you don't really care about them? And don't say we will get some stuff for EU soon! We all know you all just saying that to make people shut up.

Anet has never done a promotion that was specific to EU only. At least half their player base is EU. I doubt they are now gonna change their ways. Like I said the outfit has nothing to do with alienware this is just them. So an easy code for an outfit is just not possible for EU players? And if you are already registered to the Alienware website you get nothing. First seeing then believing but I have a feeling I'll be fine.

I agree that they need to do an EU promotion. I agree that it is long past due. I do not agree with how people talk about the situation. Especially with calling it "discrimination" in some posts. Anet needs to increase their reach in EU and attract potential partners. They have started doing a lot more promotion in the EU, this will increase the chance that a company might partner with them because they will be more likely to have heard about them.

@Cronos.6532 said:

@"Lamont.5973" said:OK still see nothing on reward page - i get the choice between "ARP" and "Leaderboard" but nothing on either page.

There are a lot of tabs on the left on one of the pages. One of those is "My Rewards" which is the one you want. How to get to the page with that? I ... don't remember, I just stumbled on it. Might be under the Account section.

I sure hope that this site wasn't even nominated for a Webby, let alone a winner, the navigation and explanations are horribly confusing.

My Rewards is indeed under the account section, but it doesn't appear if you're not American. Even if you have gotten rewards in the past. Note that it's different from the Giveaways tab (where the Toy Mini Egg code is).

Yes, I know. I am in the US and I have looked under the correct section as well as everywhere else - I just hate how they get info out of me but dont give what is promised.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Crashdown.7419 said:So if I understand this correctly, the US had a chance to get the outfit last time because it was US only and now they do this kitten again and the people that already have the outfit can get it again? And EU player can get an egg! yaaay! I understand the alienware part but don't say it's because of them EU people can't get the outfit. I know anet is a US based company but why open server en EU if you don't really care about them? And don't say we will get some stuff for EU soon! We all know you all just saying that to make people shut up.

I agree that they need to do an EU promotion. I agree that it is long past due. I do not agree with how people talk about the situation. Especially with calling it "discrimination" in some posts. Anet needs to increase their reach in EU and attract potential partners. They have started doing a lot more promotion in the EU, this will increase the chance that a company might partner with them because they will be more likely to have heard about them.

Look I totally understand what you are saying. I'm just saying that people said they already gave away some codes at some Eu thing before. Then why is it so hard to just give the code to everyone and not always US only people? If people in EU can even unlock then whats the point? Winning the stuff from their partner I understand but the outfit is on them. It seems like they learned nothing from last time ...