The Game Vault Awaits

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Crashdown.7419 said:

@Crashdown.7419 said:So if I understand this correctly, the US had a chance to get the outfit last time because it was US only and now they do this kitten again and the people that already have the outfit can get it again? And EU player can get an egg! yaaay! I understand the alienware part but don't say it's because of them EU people can't get the outfit. I know anet is a US based company but why open server en EU if you don't really care about them? And don't say we will get some stuff for EU soon! We all know you all just saying that to make people shut up.

They are a US based company, so usually other US based companies are going to be the ones willing/wanting to partner with them for promotions. But not all US based companies reach outside of the US like Anet does. So things get limited.

They said they are looking to get some stuff for EU people and your response is to indirectly call them liars. That is not very encouraging to Anet.

Regional promotions are super common. Even really large and world-wide companies will have region specific promotions. like Pokemon does Japan-only promotions all the time and no one stomps their feet and tries to call it "discrimination".

Anet has never done a promotion that was specific to EU only. At least half their player base is EU. I doubt they are now gonna change their ways. Like I said the outfit has nothing to do with alienware this is just them. So an easy code for an outfit is just not possible for EU players? And if you are already registered to the Alienware website you get nothing. First seeing then believing but I have a feeling I'll be fine.

I agree that they need to do an EU promotion. I agree that it is long past due. I do not agree with how people talk about the situation. Especially with calling it "discrimination" in some posts. Anet needs to increase their reach in EU and attract potential partners. They have started doing a lot more promotion in the EU, this will increase the chance that a company might partner with them because they will be more likely to have heard about them.

Look I totally understand what you are saying. I'm just saying that people said they already gave away some codes at some Eu thing before. Then why is it so hard to just give the code to everyone and not always US only people? If people in EU can even unlock then whats the point? Winning the stuff from their partner I understand but the outfit is on them. It seems like they learned nothing from last time ...

At least this time it was made clear it was US only from the start. :'( I really do hope they hurry up with an EU promotion though. It really is super long overdue.

@Shocky.7356 said:

@"derd.6413" said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

I think the same and its not the first time. Its Racism isnt it? "Sry we cant give you the Outfit because youre from another region"

Europe is not a race. So it isn't racism. As explained by Anet already it has to do with the rules set by their partners in this promotion. And as has been explained many times when promotions happen, it is often very difficult to have promotions globally due to various laws and restrictions in different countries and regions. I don't see the players crying for fairness for players in South America, Africa, Asia, etc. What about them?

Personally I think Anet should just give the darn dragon t-shirt outfit to everyone that has an account over a year old and be done with it. That seems to be the only thing people really care about during these promotions anyway since the mini egg has almost no value. Then maybe people will stop whining, ...for now.

@Halvaard.1034 said:In Canada, for example, the winner cannot be chosen by a random selection, but rather some element of skill must be involved. And if you do wish to open your giveaway to residents of Canada, you must go one step further and either exclude Quebec or add in the various additional rules that province requires.

That isn't changing the fact that they could easily make the outfits available for Canada and EU like they did with the eggs.

@Kitta.3657 said:Why don't you just come out and say it again that this is because the companies cannot be kitten to deal with the laws on giveaways/contests/raffles outside of the US? This is the obvious reason.

Of course this is the reason. People, via their representative governments, have purposefully excluded themselves from such promotions. Unfortunate of course, but individual countries should have the right to self determination.

AFAIK this is the second promotion where the Dragon Emblem outfit has been gated. It's just an outfit, why does it have to be gated?

It would be understandable if people couldn't get it if they failed to participate in the event or promotion but the fact that people can't get it just because they don't live in the US is ridiculous. And many people understand why prizes involving cash would be US only, but it's an in-game outfit that, as far as I know, ANet completely owns.

A quick walk-through if you're in the US and wondering how to do this, since the website is not super clear about it:

- You need to make a new account on Alienware for this to work correctly.

• Visit this link from the OP
  • Enter an e-mail address, a date of birth, and verify that you are not a robot
  • Check yes to their terms of service (the newsletter is optional)
  • Click register. Do not panic if the page times out or errors. If refreshing the page says your e-mail is already in use, it means the account was made successfully.
  • Check your e-mail for a message from Alienware; it will contain a link to finish making your account/profile
  • Finish your profile through the link Alienware provides
  • The code for the Dragon Emblem Clothing Tonic should appear in a pop-up message once your profile is finished. Copy this code to your notepad or clipboard
  • The code for the Mini Egg can be gotten through another link located on the same pop-up window as the outfit - follow that link to get the egg code
  • You can review your available Alienware rewards on your Alienware Rewards Page once you've made one
  • You have a chance to win $25 Dell Dollars (Dollars to spend at Dell's website only) by playing the mini games available on Alienware's website; these games can each be played once per day, and the dollars will appear on your rewards page if you win them.

Hope this helps; it was kind of a pain to figure it out.

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:A quick walk-through if you're in the US and wondering how to do this, since the website is not super clear about it:

• Click register. Do not panic if the page times out or errors. If refreshing the page says your e-mail is already in use, it means the account was made successfully.
  • Check your e-mail for a message from Alienware; it will contain a link to finish making your account/profile
  • The code for the Dragon Emblem Clothing Tonic should appear in a pop-up message once your profile is finished. Copy this code to your notepad or clipboard
  • The code for the Mini Egg can be gotten through another link located on the same pop-up window as the outfit - follow that link to get the egg code
  • You can review your available Alienware rewards on your Alienware Rewards Page once you've made one
  • You have a chance to win $25 Dell Dollars (Dollars to spend at Dell's website only) by playing the mini games available on Alienware's website; these games can each be played once per day, and the dollars will appear on your rewards page if you win them.

Yup, I used the link, had some issues:Page not found, when clicking activationsome how magically got it to work, by trying to reset passwordOnce in... I did the quest things, but no ARP, no dragon outfit, no 3x booster... but did get the egg.... but I want the dragon shirt.

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:A quick walk-through if you're in the US and wondering how to do this, since the website is not super clear about it:

I clicked wrong link on GW2 news, so I signed up using non-promotion url. Got an egg by following twitter.So then I saw your post (thank you! <3) and signed up using another email, to try get outfit to trigger. I clicked right through that pop up! No trace of outfit or any eggs in rewards page.

Very bad implementation. Quaggan is sad.

Ok, I finally figured out what worked for me, after several account creation attempts, so maybe this would work for you guys/gals. I was having the same problems as others, not finding a code for the outift.

I already had an alienware arena account, so I made a new one (now i guess i have about a half dozen after this junk today, not their intent I'm sure).

Finally, one last try and it worked. I made a new email (I used yahoo, made a throw-away email), followed the link in the news section here in the forums, and created the new alienware arena account, from the specific page that the link here sends you to. Then I followed the link in the verification email that I got, but i used microsoft edge instead of firefox, and I made sure to allow pop-ups. My previous attempts were all used with having no pop-ups/ad-blocker enabled in both firefox (which is all i ever use) and edge. By allowing the pop-ups, I got the code for the outfit right away. The code also shows in the rewards section of alienware arena, whereas when I wasn't getting the pop-up I also wasn't seeing the outfit code in my rewards section.

I hope this might work for others. I just did this approx. 10 minutes ago so codes are/should still be getting sent out.

yeah seems that if you don't follow ANET's link to create the account (notice that it has ?promotion_token=41fba16c-111b-42db-a261-f3018b2442e5 at the end), then when you create the account it doesn't give you the code for the outfit. I had to create another account by following that link since it didn't give me the code for the outfit either by just signing up directly on alienware's website.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

Some of us don't live in either the US or EU. What are we supposed to do?

@Cathbadb.6079 said:Registered with the site, did the activation. I was given a code for an egg. I live in Arizona., I'd rather have the Dragon T-Shirt. Read through all the comments, there's no Dragon T-shirt redemption code as far as I can tell, only the egg which I don't care for.

Same situation here, except I'm in Canada but it's still in North America, right?

I clicked on the link in this forum, registered and all and I only got an egg. No outfit. What did I did wrong?

@Edge.8724 said:

@Cathbadb.6079 said:Registered with the site, did the activation. I was given a code for an egg. I live in Arizona., I'd rather have the Dragon T-Shirt. Read through all the comments, there's no Dragon T-shirt redemption code as far as I can tell, only the egg which I don't care for.

Same situation here, except I'm in Canada but it's still in North America, right?

I clicked on the link in this forum, registered and all and I only got an egg. No outfit. What did I did wrong?

Outfit is US-only

@"valhalahunter.9863" said:So I actually, final have codes for the egg and the outfit...woohooo. Yyyyyyyeeeeaaah, neither one works in the gem store, I've tried pasting, typing, praying, cursing, aa little voodoo and still nothing. Does these "codes" expire, or rather, when this this issues gets fixed will the codes I have even work? Good times.

Make sure you're typing the code in the second small box under the main "Gem Store" box. They're easily confused. It's essentially the small link under the larger one.

@Cronos.6532 said:

Outfit is US-only

I'm gonna say the lack of precision here is discutable. NA which state for North America includes USA, Canada and Mexico. Either learn your geography or just simply say USA ONLY in your post, not NA. (targeting ArenaNet here, not you, cronos.)