The Game Vault Awaits

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miniature Egg code doesn’t work for me on the gemstore redeem code link. Says invalid. I didn’t get a Dragon Outfit code, not that it matters as I already have one from Kung Fu Tea, just reporting that it didn’t show up. Going to My Rewards on the Alienware site talks about AR and going to Giveaways only has the Miniature Egg code.

@"Cronos.6532" said:Outfit code is in a modal dialog after completing account verification + username + real name + country/state/province. Afterwards, it appears under My Rewards in account settings (not Giveaways), but only if you're American. The tab does not appear if you are not connecting from a US IP (even if you want the Toy Miniature Egg).

Can you elaborate on this? I have already gone through that part of the process, I live in the US, I gave a US location, and I do not recall getting such a popup. Is there a place on the site to view things already rewarded, or is this some sort of "blink and you'll miss it" nonsense?

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

With all due respect, if you are able to provide the global community with the Mini Egg digital code then there is no sense in excluding us (again) from the Dragon Emblem Outfit digital code. I understand that due to legal requirements we are prohibited from participating in the sweepstake where there is a monetary or physical reward but what's the logic in giving us just one code, when the US based community can get both? I don't care about rewards, I just want the outfit after the Kong Fu Tea debacle where we were allowed to get it and then the rules changed unannounced and unwarranted.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Miniature Egg code doesn’t work for me on the gemstore redeem code link. Says invalid. I didn’t get a Dragon Outfit code, not that it matters as I already have one from Kung Fu Tea, just reporting that it didn’t show up. Going to My Rewards on the Alienware site talks about AR and going to Giveaways only has the Miniature Egg code.

You need to select "Redeem Item Code" below the field to enter the gem-card code. They are different to each other.

@chaoticshelly.2846 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Miniature Egg code doesn’t work for me on the gemstore redeem code link. Says invalid. I didn’t get a Dragon Outfit code, not that it matters as I already have one from Kung Fu Tea, just reporting that it didn’t show up. Going to My Rewards on the Alienware site talks about AR and going to Giveaways only has the Miniature Egg code.

You need to select "Redeem Item Code" below the field to enter the gem-card code. They are different to each other.

I did. I tried several times. Typed in the number more than once to make sure it was the same as the number I copied off the site. Tried Redeem Item Code button. Tried Redeem button. Even tried it without dashes. Nothing worked.

Oh, ANet. Your promos/events are so bad, one of the worst in all the games I've ever played.

I understand making cash prize or physical goodies US exclusive because of various things but making outfit, an in-game item, only for 1 region and offering everyone else a useless few copper mini egg is just so embarassing.

That mini egg is not even worth the few seconds it takes to create an account, let alone the info you are giving to Dell.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Kitta.3657 said:I really enjoy seeing how you ignored the outfit part of this giveaway, so Alienware/Dell are deciding for Arenanet on a GW2 digital good as well is what you are telling us? @Stephane Lo Presti.7258

Canada is ALSO forgotten of this. This is not NA and forgetting the rest, it's legit just the US. Canada exists and is once again ignored. Really really frustrating as a Canadian player to see this plus not even be part of the discourse either. Thanks for forgetting us.

Why don't you just come out and say it again that this is because the companies cannot be kitten to deal with the laws on giveaways/contests/raffles outside of the US? This is the obvious reason.

Use a VPN. Is yelling at Anet on their forum going to do anybody any good? It's Dell's issue..

no, it is ANETs issue. They could give the outfit and egg to everyone if they want to. But they don't. Only precious US players. AGAIN.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Miniature Egg code doesn’t work for me on the gemstore redeem code link. Says invalid. I didn’t get a Dragon Outfit code, not that it matters as I already have one from Kung Fu Tea, just reporting that it didn’t show up. Going to My Rewards on the Alienware site talks about AR and going to Giveaways only has the Miniature Egg code.

Just in case you missed a step: after you hit 'redeem code' you have to hit the 'item code' button at the bottom of the page to get to where the code gets entered. If you just hit 'redeem code' and enter the code, it will be invalid because that first page is for gem codes.

EDIT: Oh, I just read above that you tried that. :/ Sorry! Did you try copy and pasting the code? That worked for me.

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

oh so the rest of us that live in canada, austrlia, new zealand will never get a chance to get that outfit then ya?

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Miniature Egg code doesn’t work for me on the gemstore redeem code link. Says invalid. I didn’t get a Dragon Outfit code, not that it matters as I already have one from Kung Fu Tea, just reporting that it didn’t show up. Going to My Rewards on the Alienware site talks about AR and going to Giveaways only has the Miniature Egg code.

Just in case you missed a step: after you hit 'redeem code' you have to hit the 'item code' button at the bottom of the page to get to where the code gets entered. If you just hit 'redeem code' and enter the code, it will be invalid because that first page is for gem codes.

EDIT: Oh, I just read above that you tried that. :/ Sorry! Did you try copy and pasting the code? That worked for me.

Thanks. I don’t think I’ll bother to try again now that I’ve found out it’s just ingame minis which I probably already have.

This is the second promotion where the US gets an outfit and us European players get nothing.To me personally saying we can get a Miniature Egg over an outfit is a slap in the face.

We deserve to get all the items as the US players are.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Is there a way to log off that site? I prefer not to be logged on to random internet sites that I don’t use daily and the only way to log out I found was to contact them.

I did delete my account on that site after realising that Canada wasn't part of their promotion.

You have to send them an email to their support section.

The easiest way I did was to simply go to the research bar, when you are on your account, then type "delete account". There should be several links of peoples that wanted to delete their account. I clicked on the first and there was a link to the email of the site (Alienware). Just send them an email saying that you want to delete your account.

@CosmicKittenTora.6015 said:

This is the second promotion where the US gets an outfit and us European players get nothing.To me personally saying we can get a Miniature Egg over an outfit is a slap in the face.

I 100% agree to this. This looks like favoritism or something like this...

@Edge.8724 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Is there a way to log off that site? I prefer not to be logged on to random internet sites that I don’t use daily and the only way to log out I found was to contact them.

I did delete my account on that site after realising that Canada wasn't part of their promotion.

The easiest way I did was to simply go to the research bar, when you are on your account, then type "delete account". There should be several links of peoples that wanted to delete their account. I clicked on the first and there was a link to the email of the site (Alienware). Just send them an email saying that you want to delete your account.

Thanks. A site you can’t log out of isn’t a site worth keeping. I’ll probably just go in to my account and put in a lot of fake information rather than trusting their support to delete it.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Is there a way to log off that site? I prefer not to be logged on to random internet sites that I don’t use daily and the only way to log out I found was to contact them.

Thanks. A site you can’t log out of isn’t a site worth keeping. I’ll probably just go in to my account and put in a lot of fake information rather than trusting their support to delete it.

This is a very weird site to me... I believe many people did the samd mistake as us, believing they will receive a promotion, but no...

@CosmicKittenTora.6015 said:

Unfortunately, I don't think many US players got the outfit either based on map chat, some posts here, and my own experience.