POWER REAPER 31.809K

Methuselah.4376

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Methuselah.4376" said:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iylNZmN8zysNot my work, gonna link the video for you guys to see. As you can see, this person is using focus instead of WH. Does this make it official that focus is better? Or would a properly executed rotation with WH yield higher dps?

The rotation is not right at all, there's no reason to ever use focus 4 and 5 for damage. I have a feeling he probably has GoE in there.

The SC bench is done so just wait for that.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Will be quite interesting to see what SC comes up with. But yeah, focus definitely shouldnt be used with damage in mind. And what did you mean with GoE?

glyph of empowerment, it was removed and is not something you use in benchmarks because is not realistic to upkeep it permanently. People follow a benchmark standard of condis and boons to ensure is done at the same environment.

SC video is out by the way at 31.2k

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Will be quite interesting to see what SC comes up with. But yeah, focus definitely shouldnt be used with damage in mind. And what did you mean with GoE?

glyph of empowerment, it was removed and is not something you use in benchmarks because is not realistic to upkeep it permanently. People follow a benchmark standard of condis and boons to ensure is done at the same environment.

is there any details on weapons and traits you can share? In particular for the offhand debate.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

is there any details on weapons and traits you can share? In particular for the offhand debate.

just look up SC's video, they show everything. Specifically about the offhand, is pretty much never used for damage now. However warhorn is still likely better just for breakbar and LF gen in shroud. However the difference is minimal.

And traits? I dont see them shown.Also, it would be interesting to know if theyve modified anything equipment wise to use with the new Soul Eater. Due to no longer having Decimate Defenses.

Ah: Found the comments.So the recent rework to Soul Eater has made Reaper a tad busted in terms of sustain and given it a nice damage buff (even more in fractals!). Due to the 33% crit in shroud you can still run full zerk as investing into precision for ~40% of your damage just really isn't worth it. What I did in this benchmark was use as Assassin GS with precise infusions/accuracy sigil, but for very short bursty fights such as KC/Fractals/Dungeons I recommend using a Berserker GS with Power Infusions/Impact Sigils. As for rotational changes, the lowered CD on GS 3 and WH 5 being moved to lifesteal changed things up a tad but. For your opener you now want to do 2 full GS auto chains and skip WH 5. For your loop you now want to enter GS with GS 3 - 2, 3 full auto chains, 1 auto, GS 2-3, then skip WH 5. Sub 50% is going to be the same rotation as before but skipping WH 5. This rotation has some mistakes and I swapped to axe half a second too early once below 50% so that is why I used WH 5, with some more grinding and optimization this could probably be 31.5k. Though this patch has introduced even more bugs regarding skill canceling on Reaper so it is a tad frustrating to grind out.

Sounds like he isnt even using wh5 at all. So the benchmark did use modified gear

@LucianDK.8615 said:And traits? I dont see them shown.Also, it would be interesting to know if theyve modified anything equipment wise to use with the new Soul Eater. Due to no longer having Decimate Defenses.

He posted the explanation in description

Trait wise is the same from last time but you use soul eater instead of DD, so spite 122, SR 112, Reaper 213

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:And traits? I dont see them shown.Also, it would be interesting to know if theyve modified anything equipment wise to use with the new Soul Eater. Due to no longer having Decimate Defenses.

Trait wise is the same from last time but you use soul eater instead of DD, so spite 122, SR 112, Reaper 213

I noticed the description just before your reply and added it. But I could see he did use modified gear, an assassin gs. But not seeming to use wh5 at all if i understood it right.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

I noticed the description just before your reply and added it. But I could see he did use modified gear, an assassin gs. But not seeming to use wh5 at all if i understood it right.

Right, I thought I pointed out assassin gs but I guess that was in another thread. Regardless the full context on that is actually assassin gs is better in longer fights but for fractals or fights with shorter phases, zerker gs is better.

@Nimon.7840 said:So sad. If you really want to reach an adequate DPS number you have to animation cancel so much, very unfun to play. And if you don't, you will only reach 29k DPS...

Anet pls....

I don't see all the animation cancelling you're on about. Explain.Also using just GS and better opening burst rotation I can get 30~30.5.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:You can basically animation cancel every single gravediggerAs well as some of the 3rd autochain hit in shroud.

That's the main part. :)

Did none of that still got above 30k using only GS. So I'm still confused at how you're stuck at 29.

Gonna give it a serious try today^^ till now I was messing around with slightly different builds or slightly different rotations.

Edit: didn't take empower allies as a bud since I didn't know, if warriors still play that after the patch

But guys, lets take a moment to appreciate the fact that a year ago power reaper didn't even have a build listed on SC, and now it's the highest dpsing necro spec. It may not be doing 35k, but coupled with its inherent tankiness it now uses a sustain trait as part of its dps build. Quite neat I say.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Unrealistic buff and debuff... That's all there is to say. If perma fear was a possibility nobody would ever complain about necromancer's dps.

Fear doesn't really matter. Cause no good player would ever take dread for a benchmark. And you will know when dread is taken, cause that results in 35-37k DPS.

If at all you might want to remove chill from the golem.

But these benchmarks are done with standard buffs you normally have.For reaper, only might, fury, quickness and alacrity do matter, as necro doesn't have a trait that lets us do x% more dmg for every boon.Same goes for conditions. Well I guess we have curses for crits, but that's not a viable power build option.

If you'd really wanted realistic buffs for every boss, you'd have to do a benchmark for every single boss.

But that gets hard to compare

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Unrealistic buff and debuff... That's all there is to say. If perma fear was a possibility nobody would ever complain about necromancer's dps.

Fear doesn't really matter. Cause no good player would ever take dread for a benchmark. And you will know when dread is taken, cause that results in 35-37k DPS.

Vid in OP is using dread and GoE but the rotation is bad hence the low ball at 32k.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Vid in OP is using dread and GoE but the rotation is bad hence the low ball at 32k.

I didn't see GoE, though it could have been covered. Also you're assuming they are using Dread as didn't show what traits they're using. Dread gives 33% more damage so it would be more than 32k.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

I didn't see GoE, though it could have been covered. Also you're assuming they are using Dread as didn't show what traits they're using. Dread gives 33% more damage so it would be more than 32k.

Of course they are using dread.

Easy to tell because:

1. They show the GD tooltip does which is around 4900. Reverse engineering the damage formula you can see they have around 3860 power. Pretty much the amount of power you would have in full zerker without AtP.
  2. Their opening Soul Spiral does over 100k with no CtD 20% modifier modifier. There is no rune in the game that would allow you to hit that with the power mentioned above.

I mean you can compare the videos and see that between the SC bench and this one everything used is roughly 33% higher.

The reason the benchmark is so low is because the rotation they are using in the video is terrible.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Of course they are using dread.

Easy to tell because:
  1. They show the GD tooltip does which is around 4900. Reverse engineering the damage formula you can see they have around 3860 power. Pretty much the amount of power you would have in full zerker without AtP.
  2. Their opening Soul Spiral does over 100k with no CtD 20% modifier modifier. There is no rune in the game that would allow you to hit that with the power mentioned above.

I mean you can compare the videos and see that between the SC bench and this one everything used is roughly 33% higher.

The reason the benchmark is so low is because the rotation they are using in the video is
terrible

Ah fair enough, was just being devil's advocate. I did think the rotation was off (especially with Death's Charge thrown in) and was surprised they got such high numbers

The numbers are what I expected:

• take the 29,9K build,
  • add the 10% dps of the new Soul Eater trait,
  • substract the nerfed Wh5 crits and the lower crit chance (because Soul Eater replaces Decimate Defenses)
  • = 31,2K

Considering that this build has an amazing cleave and sustain (31,2K x 5% = 1,56K selfheal/s), the numbers are solid.