Contesting while on Warclaw

banJelacic.4201

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"bigo.9037" said:That's completely different. The fact that only 2 things can reliably dismount is simply a design flaw. Those two things being ranger RF and condi builds.Again, I'm reading entitlement... You think building to dismount is the only counter and that it should all be fair so people are able to capture objectives with fair contestation that can be countered.... "I can do this, why not everyone else?"It's like saying that siege shouldn't be able to be placed in places where they can't be hit... and yet they still can... design flaw?

@SweetPotato.7456 said:How big is the contest circle, you can't catch them?It's too big, it's not fair...

@Hoon.1524 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:That's completely different. The fact that only 2 things can reliably dismount is simply a design flaw. Those two things being ranger RF and condi builds.Again, I'm reading entitlement... You think building to dismount is the only counter and that it should all be fair so people are able to capture objectives with fair contestation that can be countered.... "I can do this, why not everyone else?"It's like saying that siege shouldn't be able to be placed in places where they can't be hit... and yet they still can... design flaw?

@SweetPotato.7456 said:How big is the contest circle, you can't catch them?It's too big, it's not fair...

On the contrast you think it's fine certain classes shouldn't be able to dismount anyone?? Why do you say entitlement?

@bigo.9037 said:

@bigo.9037 said:That's completely different. The fact that only 2 things can reliably dismount is simply a design flaw. Those two things being ranger RF and condi builds.Again, I'm reading entitlement... You think building to dismount is the only counter and that it should all be fair so people are able to capture objectives with fair contestation that can be countered.... "I can do this, why not everyone else?"It's like saying that siege shouldn't be able to be placed in places where they can't be hit... and yet they still can... design flaw?

On the contrast you think it's fine certain classes shouldn't be able to dismount anyone?? Why do you say entitlement?

He pointed out, even on your initial example, of a way to dismount others. There's a difference between not preferring rifle builds and not even having one in your pack..In that line, a smart dragonhunter runs double melee but swaps gs for lb situationally. No one build is best at everything.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@bigo.9037 said:That's completely different. The fact that only 2 things can reliably dismount is simply a design flaw. Those two things being ranger RF and condi builds.Again, I'm reading entitlement... You think building to dismount is the only counter and that it should all be fair so people are able to capture objectives with fair contestation that can be countered.... "I can do this, why not everyone else?"It's like saying that siege shouldn't be able to be placed in places where they can't be hit... and yet they still can... design flaw?

He pointed out, even on your initial example, of a way to dismount others. There's a difference between not preferring rifle builds and not even having one in your pack..In that line, a smart dragonhunter runs double melee but swaps gs for lb situationally. No one build is best at everything.

The game , classes and builds have not been balanced around being able to dismount. Why? Because anet didn't think this through. We have received a mount that is basically beta testing.. except it's permanent. We're stuck with it. Why do you think they want to add dismount skill? Again they didn't plan ahead. As soon as they could release beta test mount they did, when gem skins almost immediately.

I'm not saying you can't swap things out in your build to dismount, but it's just a plain bad implementation. It's bad game design.

Contesting on points stem from the fact warclaw cant be CC'ed and has too high a health pool and has 3 dodges. Nerf those 3 and you will not be able to contest. This has been happening from day one of Warclaw and is stupid that its still in the game. Not everyone wants to play Soulb1tch

@bigo.9037 said:

I'm not saying you can't swap things out in your build to dismount, but it's just a plain bad implementation. It's bad game design.

Can't argue with that.But as Mr. O'Brien says, you're here for the pve. Considering he flatly told us so, and directs gw2 with that mindset, actually killing other players sometimes requires creativity.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Can't argue with that.But as Mr. O'Brien says, you're here for the pve. Considering he flatly told us so, and directs gw2 with that mindset, actually killing other players sometimes requires creativity.

Hah yea but it shouldn't be that way. Honestly I'm pretty sure even anet doesn't want it to be that way. Why do you think they are working on a dismount skill..?

Also I have to say if I were the director of gw2 I would stop catering so hard to pve players. Sure work on raids and dungeons etc.. but story mode? No. That is just too much work. And what do you expect players to do while they wait for the next part of story/expansion etc?

I think a lot of pve players come in for expansion story etc, then leave game for a while until something new comes out.Games that make good money these days when it comes to multiplayer games are pretty much ALL pvp based. You don't need a story, voice overs and cinematics to keep players interested. Pvp is ENDLESS content in a way. And in the mmorpg genre, gw2 has the best combat system. So why don't they capitalize on that? Gw2 story will NEVER be on par with single player games where you can only play story mode. So imo, they should stop focusing on that and put more effort into things that will attract pvp players. That doesn't necessarily mean it can't be a casual game still. Gw2 is already grind-free so you can easily get by playing just a few hours a week.

I hope anet reads this lol. Pls hire me I will make gw2 great again

I must agree. Two players running in circles in a contested area because none of them is willing to be the first to dismount until allies come to help them is just unfun.

Whoever dismounts first should get capture progress, while whoever remains in the mount should lose the objective.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:[...]Again. Warriors can't use ranged weapons. Longbow just isn't good enough to slot in. It has been that way for years..

All I read there is that we should rework rifle to work more like an assault rifle to make it different from engineer (shotgun) and deadeye (sniper rifle) and make it more competitive and fun to use.

Please, it's a simple matter of knowing how to work the situation and you don't always win the same was true before mounts!

Before mounts you had defenders and 3rd server attackers trying to defend or steal your hard earned ppt, neither needed a mount to contest, they simply walked in the circle and it's no different today. A lot of times pre-mount 3rd server people would sit back and watch, waiting till the circle was 3/4 capped and then come in and kite you and either bank on you stealthing or getting too close to the outer circle whereby they'd just push you out with 1 of the many tools available to them. Defenders were no different, hiding under udder bubbles, stealth rezzing the lord, shooting you from spawn gate or in the circle with seige, having glided atop any number of available overhangs that you could not get to or couldn't hit them at but they could pew pew away from.

You always had to be on the lookout for inc and you had to be prepared, in fact you should've expected it, but people were always so spoiled by what they thought was personal skill that now they want to blame a mount for their lack of strategy.

Clear the guards faster, mount up yourself and be prepared. Can't cap because some defender comes along and doesnt want to dismount? Get out of the circle and wait for that defender to dismount to try and rez the lord, then pounce! Guards respawn? Use them as leverage in case you start going down. 3rd server guys come along? Same scenario, only now theyll probably wander in the circle mounted up, do the same and wait for the guards to respawn and see who they go after, because those guards can dismount either of you pretty quick. Still want a fight? Well, you're in luck, because by this point everyone should be un-mounted.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

All I read there is that we should rework rifle to work more like an assault rifle to make it different from engineer (shotgun) and deadeye (sniper rifle) and make it more competitive and fun to use.

Ranger already has AR covered.Warrior will have to settle for musket. Long reload, atrocious accuracy, basically a spear when it's not sunny... etc

@"Blocki.4931" said:Non issue for most and non issue for all once the dismount skill is there. Other than that maybe try to not chase their tail and instead move unpredictably or use the fact that while you're there and they are running away they are wasting their time as well.

Besides yes, it is a valid point to say "ranged skills?" because I don't know a single build that is limited to their melee attack range?

Sword weaver.

@"Hoon.1524" said:You speak as if everyone is meant to have the same opportunities and advantages in the game... that's not balance or fair... that's entitlement sprinkled with "it's not fair and unhealthy for the game"...

Except this is a lot of the pro-mount argument lol.

@Hoon.1524 said:Lol... Don't have ranged weapons... II love how someone with a Soulbeast icon is telling me how to Warrior...

I run zerker rifle... So I pop their mount, then pop them... then go along my way... if they're not 'newbies' that evaded my obvious skills, I wait till needed...

Don't let that Soulbeast icon fool you! He is really a Warrior that likes to veil his Ranger complaints behind a Ranger Icon in hopes that it will give him more credibility with his complaints. He needs to stop abusing the Soulbeast Icon and switch back to Warrior Icon instead.