Tactivator Suggestion

Deus Fatorum.2473

While stopping spies/trolls from pulling tactivators is a more complex issue, I Have also noticed lots of new players to wvw will often see these and be like "Hit F to pull, I wonder what this does?!" and bye bye emergency way point. My suggestion is maybe add an extra dialog box before letting a player pull a tactivator for the first time.

For example something like, "tactivators can provide key defenses for the mists battles. If you are not sure what this does, maybe best to leave it alone."

This will let new players know maybe I should think before pulling this, as at the moment it is not clear whether it is to give the player a slight movement speed buff like a shrine or if it is there to be used at key moments.

Also some tactivators like structural invulnerability, chilling fog and others that only are useful if a structure is being actively attacked, should only be able to be pulled if the structure is contested. This may further help accidental pulling of tactivators while making it slightly harder for a spy to pull it in advance of an attack

@hobotnicax.7918 said:This won't change much.A better solution would be if only accounts that are rank 250 and up could use them. Also if you just transfered to a server, you can't use tactivators until you can earn pips.Wanna troll? Wait a week after transferring or play a month or so on your free account.

I like the suggestion about transferring and the rank one, though they could also backfire however, as there are times you want a tactivator like ewp pulled but there is only one person in said objective scouting, if they are not high enough rank/just x-ferred to pull ewp you just lost it.

I was more trying not to solve the problem with trolls/spies, but instead a way of helping new players not get thrown into the same boat as trolls and spies as this also happens, and has happened to a friend of mine who started wvw more recently. I have also known new players who have decided to just not wvw after a server jumps on them unfairly for being a troll, when instead they just had no clue what it did.

@hobotnicax.7918 said:This won't change much.A better solution would be if only accounts that are rank 250 and up could use them. Also if you just transfered to a server, you can't use tactivators until you can earn pips.Wanna troll? Wait a week after transferring or play a month or so on your free account.

I feel like the rank should be higher though and the transfer period longer. REALLY make those trolls work for being a troll.