The Game Vault Awaits

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Lamont.5973" said:So how do you claim the outfit? I registered but got no notification

Same... and as of today, all of a sudden they are "out of stock". Wasn't when I gave them my info yesterday. Seriously this is such a scam for our information. Countless people signed up just to get the outfit (me included) to discover they gave no code.

@Ali.1420 said:

@"Lamont.5973" said:So how do you claim the outfit? I registered but got no notification

Same... and as of today, all of a sudden they are "out of stock". Wasn't when I gave them my info yesterday. Seriously this is such a scam for our information. Countless people signed up just to get the outfit (me included) to discover they gave no code.

Right? I grabbed my code at work when they said they were still in stock on the outfits. Entered it when I got home and just got the dumb egg though. Wouldn't have even bothered if I knew that was going to happen. Scamnet got me info taken.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Ali.1420 said:

Right? I grabbed my code at work when they said they were still in stock on the outfits. Entered it when I got home and just got the dumb egg though. Wouldn't have even bothered if I knew that was going to happen. Scamnet got me info taken.

And the sad fact is, it's a freaking t-shirt that makes you look like something attending Coachella. If I had known it was the exact same thing as the Kung Fu tea fiasco, I wouldn't have bothered. Shame on me for not researching it first.

@misterman.1530 said:

@Ali.1420 said:

And the sad fact is, it's a freaking t-shirt that makes you look like something attending Coachella. If I had known it was the exact same thing as the Kung Fu tea fiasco, I wouldn't have bothered. Shame on me for not researching it first.

I didn't even want it that badly but thought I might as well since it's free. The aggravating part is that I went through the effort to not even get it anyways. I don't care about the ugly outfit that much, it's just the principle of it.

If this has taught me anything it's that Arenanet really doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to these promos. This is what , the third time this has happened? I didn't even know about this promotion until someone on my server tried to sell the code for the Dragon T-shirt and another player responded by saying anyone could get it by going to the Arenanet website and following the instructions (which took a bit of doing since the information is somewhat buried). I was a little perplexed that I hadn't received an email from Arenanet (despite being signed up for news/updates). I'm not really concerned about my personal information being sold, heck Facebook and every other social media platform does this, so why not Arenanet (via Alienware) too?I am (more than anything) annoyed at the lack of response from Arenanet on this issue. The generic "we're looking into this" just doesn't cut it.Some of the things Arenanet has been doing lately seems out of character. As if someone else is suddenly running the finance department. Consider that Black Lion chests now offer a claim ticket scrap and a mini (which I consider to be a junk item), not to mention receiving actual junk items in BL chests a few months ago. Who thought that was a good idea? I'm rather unhappy with a mini and a scrap ticket being a guaranteed drop item. I guess some people like minis, but I see them as a worthless item. If I buy or earn a BL key I would hope my effort is rewarded with something useful but lately it just seems to be trash items. Kinda like this promo. Arenanet gives the promise of a worthwhile item but it ends up being a trash item worth nothing at all.I've been playing this game since GW1 Prophecies. I expected better from Arenanet. I'm concerned about the layoffs that occurred. I'm wondering if the same thing is going to happen here that happened to Rift (Trion). I miss Gaille Grey. I would be willing to pay a subscription fee to have her back at the helm on these forums.

From reading the topics on reddit about this being another disaster, im glad that EU could not partake in it, its so clear that they arent prepared for these type of offers etc from outside companies, and the ones they do select seem to be using it for data harvesting/marketing, so yes, please by all means keep these types of offers as US only, as im fairly sure EU would have laws against some of this.

Also for those who signed up, the only way to apparently remove yourself it to contact alien ware support and ask them to delete your account. Good Luck with that.

Am I the only one who's kinda glad the codes for this ran out? I hate seeing this kitten outfit in-game. It's just as immersion-breaking as SAB stuff, if I wanted characters in shorts and t-shirts I'd play old Tomb Raider not a fantasy MMOrpg. I would argue the EU part of the deal is more tasteful at least.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

All European players or will us Belgians be shafted again with that?

How the hell does a digital item go "Out of Stock," and how the hell could they only supply enough "stock" of it to last < 1 day for a "promotion" leading up to an event weeks away? This couldn't have been handled any worse. Right now to "promote" (?) the final release, if you register you get... a bunch of useless perks for posting in the Alienware forum. Nothing at all in this game. Less than a day after the email was sent out.

Basically just amounts to a giant tease - "here, this thing that hasn't been available since game launch, you can have one! Psych! It's gone!"

SMH. Really, really, really poor customer touch guys.

How could they only supply enough "stock" of it to last < 1 day for a "promotion" leading up to an event weeks away?

Poor design.

imo what happened is that since the codes aren’t account bound, at the start people made multiple accounts to grab multiple outfit codes so they can sell the codes for money or for gold. ANet should have been aware that this would happen as it happened with the Kung Fu Tea giveaway also. They should have bound the outfit code to the email because not doing so made it a situation where the site is harvesting our information and we are not getting what was advertised because people “creatively utilized” the system to get multiple codes.

@Cathbadb.6079 said:Hmm still no reply from Arenanet on these forums. I'm in the same time zone as Arenanet HQ and it's currently 4:17 Pm with no reply. Gail Grey would have responded by now, several times.

I disagree. Anet has always been fair-to-poor at communicating when things go wrong and I would argue that while the immediate situation proves they still have a long way to go they have actually improved in this area overall in the past several months . . .

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:mini egg is basically worthless.

So you did two free outfits for NA, ZERO for everybody else.

Does that really sound right at anet? REALLY?

Dont forget that if they used the heroic boost on a new account they got a free core account for daily login rewards.