Why not just make Dragon Emblem Clothing Outfit for sale on the gemstore for 0 gems

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Because then, everyone would have it and devalue it.

There was a Mini that was only given out at a contest.

It had prestige.

Years later anet gave it out for free.

Now it is a worthless mini nobody cares about.

People want the outfit because its rare and not because it looks good.

If it looses its rarity, it would be a dead skin.

This outfit hasn't been rare for a long time. It was already given out for free with some bubble tea promotion a while back.

Yeah it became even rarer after that shambles of a promotion or did you miss the fact that players got duped into handing over details then have the terms of the promo suddenly changed on them so that all non US players could not participate... so yeah it is a rare skin that unless you hopped on a plane many moons back and gone to Paris.. no dice!TBH I said it at the time of the KFT debacle, it felt poorly thought through even sniffing of desperation, this doesn't feel much different tbh.. but hey I guess you reap what you sow.

It had prestige.

Too late. Lots of people getting keys beforehand to give away or sale have completely devalued it already.

The smartest thing ANet could do is waiting some time from the promotion, give it away to everyone in-game for something easy to do like a survey about certain game changes, or to anyone with an account that is old enough, then in future promotions make sure it's one item per player by requiring API keys to check accounts, and if possible avoid using exclusive items that can't be obtained any other way, but everyone will still want anyways, like BL keys or a RNG mount license.

So many people think they are entitled to 'free' pixels. Go and fight your gov't for a bill that allows giveaways that have no monetary value across the boarders before you start picketing Anet. You know how many exclusive weapons and minis gw1 had for China and other Asian territories in their promos? Geebus, most people with codes only got a mini egg that is sold in the Gem store that isn't worth more than 5 bucks.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:This is the second (third?) time they pull off things like this. Always NA and US, never the rest.

We DESERVE equal treatment and WE DESERVE an apology from ANETS top employees for this. They screwed up with kung fu tea, now they repeat the same stupid mistake? Does that sound like a good business decision? Yes? No?

These are the moments, where I wish I could demand all the money back I spend on gems.... which is quite a lot.

I take it you ignored the part where they mentioned that they're working on other promotions for those outside of the U.S.? You also realize that part of the issue is because of the stupidity of EU? Yes, I said the stupidity of the EU, because of their draconian measures it restricts how businesses can promote themselves, to many regulations and laws telling individuals how to live and/or raise their children(it's not the governments job to tell me how to raise my children, that is my responsibility alone).

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:This is the second (third?) time they pull off things like this. Always NA and US, never the rest.

We DESERVE equal treatment and WE DESERVE an apology from ANETS top employees for this. They screwed up with kung fu tea, now they repeat the same stupid mistake? Does that sound like a good business decision? Yes? No?

These are the moments, where I wish I could demand all the money back I spend on gems.... which is quite a lot.

Preach, sis. As someone from Aus, i can't even get a mini egg :'(

Since the game is about aesthetic, everything should be available for everybody.Which doesn't mean that it should be for free, but only available.

Want a skin which is unlocked after 10 cm achievements? You can go for it.Want a skin which is worth 9999 golds? You can go for itWant a skin which is part of a bundle which cost 2k gems? You can go for itWant a skin which is randomly dropped from BLC? Then it should be to be traded through tp, because skins locked within random chests are just a scam.

edit: about this specific one, isn't it sometimes for sale through streams/events/etc? A seasonal stuff i mean.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

I take it you ignored the part where they mentioned that they're working on other promotions for those outside of the U.S.? You also realize that part of the issue is because of the stupidity of EU? Yes, I said the stupidity of the EU, because of their draconian measures it restricts how businesses can promote themselves, to many regulations and laws telling individuals how to live and/or raise their children(it's not the governments job to tell me how to raise my children, that is my responsibility alone).

cry me a river.

After the kung fu tea disaster, they could have done that. They didn't.

This is not about 'the EU'. Because, guess what, Canadians can't participate either. Or South Africans. Or Indians.

So that is 2x outfit for US/NA 0x outfit for everybody else.

Looks good, doesn't it?

It's obvious that people just want a chance to get the Dragon Emblem outfit and don't really care much for the other prizes, even the cash prizes, so I'm wondering why ANet won't just have an event where EVERYONE can have the opportunity to earn the outfit regardless of what region they're from.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

cry me a river.

After the kung fu tea disaster, they could have done that. They didn't.

This is not about 'the EU'. Because, guess what, Canadians can't participate either. Or South Africans. Or Indians.

So that is 2x outfit for US/NA 0x outfit for everybody else.

Looks good, doesn't it?

Can you get Alienware or Dell products in those countries? If you can then it's a design fault of whomever put the site together, if however, you can not purchase products from those companies in those countries, then it's working as intended and some other program will be rolled out(except probably for South Africa and India, neither of which are considered major markets for such a promotion, heck, they might not even be a market at all for all we know...we don't know every country the game is sold in or available, so it's a lot of speculation on your part).

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Because then, everyone would have it and devalue it.

It had prestige.

This outfit hasn't been rare for a long time. It was already given out for free with some bubble tea promotion a while back.

Yeah it became even rarer after that shambles of a promotion or did you miss the fact that players got duped into handing over details then have the terms of the promo suddenly changed on them so that all non US players could not participate... so yeah it is a rare skin that unless you hopped on a plane many moons back and gone to Paris.. no dice!TBH I said it at the time of the KFT debacle, it felt poorly thought through even sniffing of desperation, this doesn't feel much different tbh.. but hey I guess you reap what you sow.

It became "rarer"? Umm, do you realize that outfits aren't ever taken away? Just because it didn't saturate the playerbase with these outfits as much as it could have hardly means that the outfits somehow became more scarce.

Hell, I got two copies of the outfit at this point because I got my first from the game's release when I met the devs at a signing event in a Gamestop and the second from that bizarre bubble tea event.

I also remember Divinity's Reach after the Bubble Tea event was filled with everyone running around in the outfit. Just because people got bored of using it doesn't mean less people have it now.

It had prestige.

People don't want it because its rarePeople are angry its unavailable.This is a big finger to over half of the playerbase.I'm fine with lotteries and the like, but I'm angrier than a robbed skritt because only US people had a chance.All prestige it has is artificial.

Fuck Anet. This stupid outfit is just a carrot to further exploit their player base with stupid promos with shitty companies whose websites don't work. They also do these things when most of NA are at work so mostly scalpers get the keys. And poor EU didn't even get a chance. But after firing your community manager who was with the company for 18 years you can tell they don't have a clue. It's like a Dilbert cartoon meets Farside.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Because then, everyone would have it and devalue it.

It had prestige.

It became "rarer"? Umm, do you realize that outfits aren't ever taken away? Just because it didn't saturate the playerbase with these outfits as much as it could have hardly means that the outfits somehow became more scarce.

Hell, I got two copies of the outfit at this point because I got my first from the game's release when I met the devs at a signing event in a Gamestop and the second from that bizarre bubble tea event.

I also remember Divinity's Reach after the Bubble Tea event was filled with everyone running around in the outfit. Just because people got bored of using it doesn't mean less people have it now.

Whoosh.. I think you missed the sarcastic point being made, but oh well.

@Shadow Order.7258 said:kitten Anet. This stupid outfit is just a carrot to further exploit their player base with stupid promos with kitten companies whose websites don't work. They also do these things when most of NA are at work so mostly scalpers get the keys. And poor EU didn't even get a chance. But after firing your community manager who was with the company for 18 years you can tell they don't have a clue. It's like a Dilbert cartoon meets Farside.

'They' didn't fire their community manager; she left of her own accord, to allow others more opportunity.

@Zaklex.6308 said:You also realize that part of the issue is because of the stupidity of EU? Yes, I said the stupidity of the EU, because of their draconian measures it restricts how businesses can promote themselves, to many regulations and laws telling individuals how to live and/or raise their children(it's not the governments job to tell me how to raise my children, that is my responsibility alone).

Do you have a source, like a dev quote, claiming the issue is with EU legislation ? I can't find it in Anet's comments in this thread. Or is it unfounded speculation presented as a fact?

@wulfheart.8206 said:It's obvious that people just want a chance to get the Dragon Emblem outfit and don't really care much for the other prizes, even the cash prizes, so I'm wondering why ANet won't just have an event where EVERYONE can have the opportunity to earn the outfit regardless of what region they're from.

International Laws. That's why. To make it available to everyone they would literally have to design a contest that abides all known (and unknown) countries and their laws. Good luck with that.

Edit: And if it is worldwide, you know how abysmal those odds would be? Far worse than the original Halloween skin giveaways (back before the destruction of LA). To want that is almost as bad as having them removed because of a 'if you can't have them, no one will' mentality.

@Zeivu.3615 said:

@wulfheart.8206 said:It's obvious that people just want a chance to get the Dragon Emblem outfit and don't really care much for the other prizes, even the cash prizes, so I'm wondering why ANet won't just have an event where EVERYONE can have the opportunity to earn the outfit regardless of what region they're from.

International Laws. That's why. To make it available to everyone they would literally have to design a contest that abides all known (and unknown) countries and their laws. Good luck with that.

Edit: And if it is worldwide, you know how abysmal those odds would be? Far worse than the original Halloween skin giveaways (back before the destruction of LA). To want that is almost as bad as having them removed because of a 'if you can't have them, no one will' mentality.

Then why not give everyone the opportunity to just earn the outfit in another way which doesn't have to be a contest with odds? Something where just simply joining will net the outfit. This is the second time people have been upset about the outfit being only available to players in the US.

With what's currently happening in ANet regarding staff layoff and munny problems? I really don't think they'd do any sort of events outside of their already established seasonal events to give out free outfits.

And I think this promo was terribly done to begin with. It shouldn't have been a case of a promo code being given out, it should have been the same as the glowing eyes promo for their news letter where the outfit gets delivered to the character's mail and remains account bound. But of course, that would mean they'd have to share data to Alienware/Dell meaning that to confirm the outfit and have it delivered to you without promo code, you'd need to have your GW2 account linked in some way, shape of form when you register to Alienware.

@Jaquelidor.2618 said:

@Jaquelidor.2618 said:I literally just got the email blast. When I went to the link the outfit codes were already gone. Just how few codes did they have?

Anyway, closed the window and didn't bother to register.

Oh well.

So you didn't participate in the promotion, didn't get the reward, decided to continue not participating, and now you're mad at them?

Oh well.

I would have been quite willing to participate but the one item I was interested in, the one item it seems most of the players in these threads was interested in, was of such a limited quantity it was gone before the blast even reached some players. To me that seems very poor planning on ANet, Dell, and Alienware's part. I would think they would want as many people participating as possible in their campaign rather than create a situation that would turn players away and create ill will.

Also, I'm not "mad at them". I think the word "disappointed" would be more apt. Perhaps with a touch of "bewildered" at their executing such a poorly thought out promotion.

You can have one of mine then. I got three of them when people started crying about how unavailable it was just to prove that it wasn't.