Warhorn 5 and Focus 4...

killfil.3472

@LucianDK.8615 said:But isnt that what dagger mainhand does? working with bleed.And new especs aint happening anytime soon with no expacks on the horizon.

You need to learn to quote people if you are going to reply to their post for sure..

Necro has no melee condi weapon. Out of the mainhands that are left we have mace,sword and pistol. Mace and sword are the best two to fit that and pistol would be crowded out/overlap with sceptre or axe.

We got an offhand last time and the only offhand left is shield. Unless the class mechanic change is drastic it wouldnt really promote a playstyle that isnt covered by the other specs and having the same mainhand options is getting stale.

Of the two handers left hammer could either have overlap with GS or come like a copy of Rev hammer which would make it feel not different or unoriginal. The rest are all ranged options and unless one has 1500 range it would look to compete with axe/sceptre plus range power pressure is semi covered by core shroud but who knows because none of the scholar professions wield any bow or rifle.

For me the most likely weapons is either mace/sword or one of the bows. More particularly mace because:

• Literally every other class can use sword one way or another ( could be a case for sword though )
  • Bows and rifle only have 2 main users + 1 elite spec user
  • Mace has 3 main users and has been given to no elite spec thus far
  • Ele just got sword and Mesmer axe. Both only have one long ranged option with ele being aoe and mesmer being single target so bows/rifle could cover this.

Could go on but no real need to.

Also with the change in delivery and direction we don't know if specs will always remain tied to expacs or be delivered in other ways.

Anyways this is incredibly off topic so I will stop here.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Seems like the two condi offhands (torch and dagger) are now also the highest power damage offhands. Rather humourous if you ask me.

Pistol or mace as new off hand incoming?

No please don't say that. We're the last profession to not have sword mainhand.

Watch Necro get a focus main hand, next. XD

If that happens, I'll hunt down any Anet dev I find and condemn them with my dual Binding of Ipos.

Personally I'd rather they do the following changes ;

Increase healing values from "locust swarm" by 400% (so it heals for around 170 per enemy "struck") and make it capable of triggering blood magic lifesteal.Make "soul grasp" capable of critical hits and heal correspondent to 50% of the damage dealt.And then maybe yeet something in there.

Edit : spelling is hard.

@"killfil.3472" said:Increase healing values from "locust swarm" by 400% (so it heals for around 170 per enemy "struck") and make it capable of triggering blood magic lifesteal.

It does no strike damage which has benefits of it's own. If it could proc other life steals then certain values would have to be adjusted around that.

Secondly if you increase the base heal the healing power contribution would have to be almost 0%. At the moment the way it's valued it incentives taking it trait, much like most weapons and before the trait was never a consideration, as well a building HP, much like many other things in blood magic. It's some of the reason I feel it's better designed now.

Anet will also consider top end values. 1700/3825 + 15/22.5% LF ~ 8500/19125 + 75/112.5% LF with no stat investment at all is pretty high. Heck even at 2 targets you'd be looking at 3400/7650 + 30/45% LF. It's not a small amount. Combine that with other sources of life steal and healing it soon adds up pretty quickly.

I have been experimenting with Warhorn traited with Banchee wail and Sanctuary Runes. (Also these runes are working super good with the new Soul eater)

Together this increases the locust swam buff to 8 sec duration which feels great with the interval speed of 0,5 sec = 16 ticks vs 10 and additionally this set up grants 25 secs speed buff - which makes it perma speed! (If cast on every CD of 24 sec)

As a somewhat new player and 100% casual on top of that, I also don't like these changes. I'm not gonna repeat other complaints about these skills here, I agree with most of them.

I play base necro as support (don't have PoF and don't like reaper) and it strikes me that despite having interesting support trait line (blood), necromancer has no real support weapons. Support as in, granting buffs to/healing other players. There is staff (not a great option) and there was focus - which is gone now - both granting regeneration. I know, focus wasn't great as support (or any weapon really), but it was support option nevertheless, and now it's gone. Instead, both focus and warhorn were given self-healing components, which I don't need personally, and they're weak compared to my other leech/healing options. I'd rather have real support weapon. Maybe if dagger 2 was also healing allies, or if overflow from my leech effects when I'm at full health would heal others... but now... just meh...

I'm also disappointed about visual aspect of these changes. I really like the locust effect of warhorn 5, and lowering it's duration means I can see it less often. But focus 4 is even worse: it had it's cool, unique projectile, which got replaced by generic hand from staff auto attack. I mean, why? It's not just visual issue, either: old focus 4 would always travel it's full distance if you didn't have a target selected; the new one, in case without target, will most likely detonate at your feet. It may very well be because I don't fully understand how projectiles work in this game, but imho it's lowering quality-of-life change.