Suggestions for Swipe to make it not just a nerfed version of Steal.

Yasai.3549

I'm sure many DD mains have been absolutely miffed and pissed that Swipe is basically a half range Steal.

Something had to be hit in order to allow DD their superior in combat mobility but straight up gimped-Steal is not the solution we deserve at all.

My suggestion is to include certain mechanics favouring a melee DD's playstyle to be added to Swipe, so that it functions differently compared to Steal.

Swipe

• Range, 600
  • Unblockable
  • functions similarly to Steal where actions being casted are uninterrupted.
  • The Daredevil shadowsteps to the target and evades over them. (3/4 second evasion)
  • Evading an attack this way grants 25 Endurance.

Vs Steal.Reduced RangeShadowstep with an evade frame after the steal.Endurance gain if an attack is evaded using this skilldisplaces the Daredevil behind the target.

Tell me what yu guys think, and feel free to add more ideas yu feel would make Swipe not just gimp-Steal.

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:i'm pretty sure swipe is supposed to be a downgrade. (the upside being DrD dodges)

Thief has never had endurance issues.

that doesn't mean more endurance isn't an upgrade. a useless up^grade but an upgrade non the lessPre HoT Acro was hilariously good.yes, excellent but that doesn't affect how things are now

Of course it affects how things are now since acro got it stripped out to make daredevil. Elite spec implementation was flawed at inception which is why everything is a mess now across all professions.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

@derd.6413 said:i'm pretty sure swipe is supposed to be a downgrade. (the upside being DrD dodges)

that doesn't mean more endurance isn't an upgrade. a useless up^grade but an upgrade non the lessPre HoT Acro was hilariously good.yes, excellent but that doesn't affect how things are now

Of course it affects how things are now since acro got it stripped out to make daredevil. Elite spec implementation was flawed at inception which is why everything is a mess now across all professions.

fair enough, however that doesn't change the fact that the daredevil's dodges are an "upgrade" to current thief's dodges

@derd.6413 said:

fair enough, however that doesn't change the fact that the daredevil's dodges are an "upgrade" to current thief's dodges

That I can agree with. But dash does have a trade off. I would say bound and impailing lotus don't though.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

That I can agree with. But dash does have a trade off. I would say bound and impailing lotus don't though.

i'm assuming you mean exhaust, that seems more as a downside to balance it against the other dodges rather then a trade-off. but then again exhaust has always seemed like a band-aid solution to me

@derd.6413 said:

i'm assuming you mean exhaust, that seems more as a downside to balance it against the other dodges rather then a trade-off. but then again exhaust has always seemed like a band-aid solution to me

Yea it is a downside/tradeoff you trade clearing conditions for no endurance regen. But yea definitely a bandaid.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

Impaling and bounding both have tradeoffs. Dash is effective at evading attacks no matter the range of the person attacking. It just as good up close as it is at range. Bounding only really does damage up close and can be evaded (you can not evade another persons dash). It can be blocked or a person can even just backpedal when seeing the bound incoming and avoid.

Impaling only works closeup so is useless at range and the attack can be dodged/eavded.

@babazhook.6805 said:

Impaling and bounding both have tradeoffs. Dash is effective at evading attacks no matter the range of the person attacking. It just as good up close as it is at range. Bounding only really does damage up close and can be evaded (you can not evade another persons dash). It can be blocked or a person can even just backpedal when seeing the bound incoming and avoid.

Impaling only works closeup so is useless at range and the attack can be dodged/eavded.

Those are valid points for sure!