Core Guardian Condition Build?

Matsumori Oukanishi.8794

@"Matsumori Oukanishi.8794" said:Ok I just built this spec out and it's a blast in open world pve.

I'll check it out in WvW this weekend, but I expect condi cleanse will be my bane. But 2-6k burn stacks in a few seconds solo is a blast

Should be fine in OW as that content's just about damage, damage, damage.

For WvW though... Go 2-2-3 in Virtues, take out Zeal entirely and replace with Valor 2-2-2. Also you might want to pick up a rune set with a +25% Movement Speed bonus. Utilities + Elite should be full Meditations pretty much. Heal can be Shelter or Litany of Wrath.Something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf7dnkIClDhVDBeDB8DhjAi6utRQGYDgH4NzL4DGhA-jhiAABEu/wDm/A4BAA9JAIG9DdcEAeS5HQq/kwBBYWlgAA-e

Reasons are that if you run into anyone remotely competent in the game mode, they'll just delete you 10 times out of 10 if you play a 0 sustain build like that, and you won't be having much fun that way.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"Matsumori Oukanishi.8794" said:Ok I just built this spec out and it's a blast in open world pve.

I'll check it out in WvW this weekend, but I expect condi cleanse will be my bane. But 2-6k burn stacks in a few seconds solo is a blast

Should be fine in OW as that content's just about damage, damage, damage.

For WvW though... Go 2-2-3 in Virtues, take out Zeal entirely and replace with Valor 2-2-2. Also you might want to pick up a rune set with a +25% Movement Speed bonus. Utilities + Elite should be full Meditations pretty much. Heal can be Shelter or Litany of Wrath.Something like this:

Reasons are that if you run into anyone remotely competent in the game mode, they'll just delete you 10 times out of 10 if you play a 0 sustain build like that, and you won't be having much fun that way.

Thank you for that build and info!

Quick question: in WvW would i stick with carrion gear, or swap to dire for the added toughness?

Hello,I've played Fireguard a lot (PVP mostly) - can tell he can perform tasks Powerguard can't. But also has some drawbacks.Main problem - one have to build up burning stacks on target and maintain its density by continuous attacks - almost impossible with group fights but quite doable in 1v1.It may feel 'underperforming' comparing to power-build which is why I constantly returning to my good old Greatsword hehe:)

I use similar build to mentioned before:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf7enkIClDhdDBWDB8DhD/hyGAVQdeD3U4DyRYFmhA-jZhAQBA4JAsxDCwYKDAj9H2wJAAATactical tips:1) It's always good to use Judge Intervention (teleport) to initiate fight because a nice burning effect.2) Immediately after teleporting activate Torch#4 to start applying burning around you (and shoot that fireball just before the skill ends).These two actions has to be performed in rapid succession, so you can 'ignite' your enemy instantly. Keep in mind that you may want to hold your F1 burning madness effect for more consistent damage application (in case, enemy can 'shrug off' your burning right away).3) Kite! Really good thing for innate brawler - using Scepetre. When you rotate you still can be useful!Overall, core guardian is slightly inferior to almost every elite specs you will meet (except maybe Thiefs/Deadeyes) - you can still carry through by skills, sometimes.