Jump Shot bugged (2 bugs combined)

Xyonon.3987

Heya! The new Jump Shot has currently two bugs that are even a bit connected with each other. I try to explain this as good as possible:

Bug 1: If Jump Shot is cast uphills it's icon wont flash, nor will the skill go on cd. You can then use a 2nd Jump Shot right away. However you cannot do this a 3rd time, unless you wait it's cd which it would've had.

Bug 2: You can no longer swap kits during Jump Shot (only wind up), nor cancel it with the common Enigneer feature (this is a great mechanic, please keep it that way!). However, you can still swap kits and even interrupt the Jump if you happen to cast the "none-icon-flashing" Jump Shot mentioned in Bug 1.

I assume there are currently 2 Jump Shots on weapon skill 5 of the rifle on Engi. Please fix Bug 2 asap, it's a horrible experience to play right now as you get stuck in your rotation at that part right now, to a degree where you'd rather not cast it to begin with. Thx! :)

@Xyonon.3987 said:Bug 1: If Jump Shot is cast uphills it's icon wont flash, nor will the skill go on cd. You can then use a 2nd Jump Shot right away. However you cannot do this a 3rd time, unless you wait it's cd which it would've had.Man, I wish that offhand pistol had this bug. Instead, blowtorch will fire and go on full cd while never hitting anything if there is the slightest height difference.

Please Anet introduce this bug ASAP :(

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Bug 1:
If Jump Shot is cast uphills it's icon wont flash, nor will the skill go on cd. You can then use a 2nd Jump Shot right away. However you cannot do this a 3rd time, unless you wait it's cd which it would've had.Man, I
wish
that offhand pistol had this bug. Instead, blowtorch will fire and go on full cd while never hitting anything if there is the slightest height difference.

Height does matter ye, but you'd need to be quite a bit above / below your target for it to miss. What also happens with Blowtorch, depending on how you control your character the animation does not align with the cone it fires, just like Blunderbuss, Fumigate, Flame Thrower etc. If RMB is hold, they will always fire straight forward, however if you select a target, the upper half of your character seems to turn towards the selected target regardless of the fact that you'd still attack forward, thus missing.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Bug 1:
If Jump Shot is cast uphills it's icon wont flash, nor will the skill go on cd. You can then use a 2nd Jump Shot right away. However you cannot do this a 3rd time, unless you wait it's cd which it would've had.Man, I
wish
that offhand pistol had this bug. Instead, blowtorch will fire and go on full cd while never hitting anything if there is the slightest height difference.

Seconded! Blowtorch has got to be one of the most unreliable skills in the game - espeically considering what a huge % of condi engi's damage it is.