Were you happy with this balance patch? (April 23rd)

Yannir.4132

Already laid my thought on Berserker on the Warrior section but here is a recap. I think it's a step on the right direction, but removing adrenaline from Rage skills was too much. Condi Build for PvE play feels super resident sleeper while outside of Berserk, since you are stuck there just aa with sword, since that's the highest source of damage outside of berserk, and you need to save Rage skills for Berserk. Make Rage skills give adrenaline again and buff Last Blaze so it is worth for condi builds over Smash Brawler.Power builds are never going to be built around anything else other than Peak Performance. Arena Net kinda drove themselves into a corner regarding power builds for Warrior with this trait, because having an adept trait give a 20% damage boost is really really strong, but without it, Power builds aren't even near viable. If they want Power Berserk to use Rage skills they need to buff them to be used over a Signet, which they should.

The berserker changes seem fine. Maybe tweak some stuff to improve gameplay (dmg is fine).Daredevil changes I didn't had much chances to play. I didn't thought deeply about the traits and the removal of endurance gain after physical skills kind sucks. The decreased range is understandable and the unblockable trade-off also. Wonder why they didn't made it an leap animation and an evade through that, but that would probably make the skill worse.

My absolute most flabbergasted moment was when I saw the pet dmg reduction on druid. It's just a straight up nerf to justify a trade-off. They could chabge the F2 of the pet, they could change petswap but they just made the pets even less important.The elite Looks cool but has a huge channel time. Id rather would want to see a shorter cast time and some lingering time afterwards. Or atleast a ward ring that prevents entering to make the skill usable in some competitive way.

Scrappers and soulbeast need a trade off (and I think it's comming) that's also a reason why I don't understand the druid butchering.

I am fine with the rest and glad that something substantially change. Now I can tinker with buildcraft again.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:The berserker changes seem fine. Maybe tweak some stuff to improve gameplay (dmg is fine).Daredevil changes I didn't had much chances to play. I didn't thought deeply about the traits and the removal of endurance gain after physical skills kind sucks. The decreased range is understandable and the unblockable trade-off also. Wonder why they didn't made it an leap animation and an evade through that, but that would probably make the skill worse.

My absolute most flabbergasted moment was when I saw the pet dmg reduction on druid. It's just a straight up nerf to justify a trade-off. They could chabge the F2 of the pet, they could change petswap but they just made the pets even less important.The elite Looks cool but has a huge channel time. Id rather would want to see a shorter cast time and some lingering time afterwards. Or atleast a ward ring that prevents entering to make the skill usable in some competitive way.

Scrappers and soulbeast need a trade off (and I think it's comming) that's also a reason why I don't understand the druid butchering.

I am fine with the rest and glad that something substantially change. Now I can tinker with buildcraft again.

scrapper and chrono are confirmed to be on the trade-off list

@derd.6413 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:The berserker changes seem fine. Maybe tweak some stuff to improve gameplay (dmg is fine).Daredevil changes I didn't had much chances to play. I didn't thought deeply about the traits and the removal of endurance gain after physical skills kind sucks. The decreased range is understandable and the unblockable trade-off also. Wonder why they didn't made it an leap animation and an evade through that, but that would probably make the skill worse.

Nice to know. Soulbeast is probably too. It does not have a tradeoff yet and I also think that core professions could benefit from upgrades that e-specs replace.Like a fifth shatter for core mesmer or better core guard virtues.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Nice to know. Soulbeast is probably too. It does not have a tradeoff yet and I also think that core professions could benefit from upgrades that e-specs replace.Like a fifth shatter for core mesmer or better core guard virtues.

i don't think mesmer needs an upgrade and guardian especs already have trade-offs (don't know why you brought them up).

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Nice to know. Soulbeast is probably too. It does not have a tradeoff yet and I also think that core professions could benefit from upgrades that e-specs replace.Like a fifth shatter for core mesmer or better core guard virtues.

Core Guard Virtues could certainly use a buff but the trade-off is already there. A 4th Virtue would be neat though.And btw for Daredevil, they didn't remove endurance on physical skills, the trait is still there.

@mPascoal.4258 said:Already laid my thought on Berserker on the Warrior section but here is a recap.

That's why I made this thread. Didn't want to wade through all the various sub-sections of the forums, seeing peoples opinions and instead collect them into 1 place.As a bonus, maybe it'll help out ANet to see how the community sees the changes.

Trade Of Suggestions: (some I’ve seen other people posted)

Scapper F5 replaced by Gyro Functions. tone down traits.

SoulBeast can’t swap pets. Also nerf Sic em and Unflinching Fortitude.

Chrono. F5 replaces F4.

Mirage. F4 gives endurance and protection per clone. instead of immunity.

Elementalist. F5: special skill that changes depending on your current weapon equipped. It combines all elements, has a long-ish CD.

@derd.6413 said:i don't think mesmer needs an upgrade

Why not? Core Mesmer is kinda pathetic in comparison to the other specs.Mesmers profession mechanic also requires a resource that they are not in full control of.Although I did like the idea that (I think?) Vallun was joking about on Teatime which was that only core mesmer would have Illusionary Persona.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"derd.6413" said:i don't think mesmer needs an upgrade

Why not? Core Mesmer is kinda pathetic in comparison to the other specs.Mesmers profession mechanic also requires a resource that they are not in full control of.Although I did like the idea that (I think?) Vallun was joking about on Teatime which was that only core mesmer would have Illusionary Persona.

perhaps but i think the especs need to be reigned in rather then upgrade core. maybe a buff at some point but not an "upgade" like with rev

@Yannir.4132 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Nice to know. Soulbeast is probably too. It does not have a tradeoff yet and I also think that core professions could benefit from upgrades that e-specs replace.Like a fifth shatter for core mesmer or better core guard virtues.

Core Guard Virtues could certainly use a buff but the trade-off is already there. A 4th Virtue would be neat though.And btw for Daredevil, they didn't remove endurance on physical skills, the trait is still there.

Yeah i looked it up. I thought one of the reworked traits was that one but i was wrong.Overall I looked over the traits and I think they are better now than before. Only the steal change really hurtled although they got something in return.

@derd.6413 said:

i don't think mesmer needs an upgrade and guardian especs already have trade-offs (don't know why you brought them up).

Yeah guards have tradeoffs in the e-specs but they are generally better than core.I didn't say guards need a tradeoff. I said core specs could use improvements instead of purely trying to push in a tradeoff on an e-spec that didn't change the status quo because core specs still lose against E-specs quality wise.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Yeah guards have tradeoffs in the e-specs but they are generally better than core.I didn't say guards need a tradeoff. I said core specs could use improvements instead of purely trying to push in a tradeoff on an e-spec that didn't change the status quo because core specs still lose against E-specs quality wise.

perhaps but i think that's an entirely different issue then anet is trying to address currently

the attacking spirit weapons for Guardian were mostly fine how they were.The ground triggering doesn't feel right for the attacking ones (sword and hammer).The auto targetting is why I used them and so I'm going to have to find another skill to use instead.Also they reduced the range for them for some reason. Now they only have 900 range which is odd for ranged attack.

This nerf is wasn't needed many people didnt like the spirit weapons and now they've done this, even more people are going to aviod to use them in competetive modes. it was suppose help the spirit weapons not make them useless.

Do they even know what they want to do with guardian at this point? problay not.They keep nerfing the good traits with random percentages and butching good skills, then randomly tweaking random skills which basically no one is using.The right-handed strenght trait nerf is terrible, "4% crit (80 precision) flat, and while weilding 1 handed weapons get +80 power " vs the "15% crit while wielding any 1-handed weapon" we had before.what they should have changed it to is 200 precision (9%-10 crit) and 100 power, to keep it rounded. It better swap like a trade off, you get less 5% crit but you get roughly 5% more power. 80 is such a random weird number to use and it only gives 4% crit. seriously... No one is going to use this skill the way it is.

Not a big fan of most actual changes, but I admit that I like the direction they are going. I believe that there should be some degree of a drawback to elite specs or something to keep core builds relevant.

However, the actual implementation of that design doesn't seem to have done much good. Druids went from bad to worse in PvP, one of the most staple builds for Thieves (D/P DrD) was nerfed to oblivion, and even as cool as much of the berserker design appears at first, it doesn't seem to put that spec in a particularly good place for either PvP or PvE.

The patch created a lot of issues that could easily be addressed while still staying true to their overall direction, but that's still a lot of issues to address.