Newb question on non-soulbound item transfers between characters on same account

One of my characters has a nice set of armor that I would like to transfer to another character on the same account.The ARE NOT soulbound. Have never been equipped.In fact, each piece states "Soulbound on use."

However, when I go to place each piece in the shared inventory slot, it will not permit it.But I CAN put items in that slot like runes, food, etc.

WHY can I not give another character on my account a piece of non-soulbound gear???

@"Kabuki Theatre.9752" said:One of my characters has a nice set of armor that I would like to transfer to another character on the same account.The ARE NOT soulbound. Have never been equipped.In fact, each piece states "Soulbound on use."

However, when I go to place each piece in the shared inventory slot, it will not permit it.But I CAN put items in that slot like runes, food, etc.

WHY can I not give another character on my account a piece of non-soulbound gear???

Put it in the bank.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:did you chose starts, add runes etc, unlock skin? It will bind, no matter if you had it equip or not

Skins are locked on all pieces, and no runes added.Not sure what you mean by "chose starts".

was it selectable stats gear?

No, not selectable. Just things I've acquired from drops or from Trading Post.