Victory or Death bugged

@LaziPsyklops.4207 said:And the bug after all of this time still has not been fixed. I'm getting really, really tired of this bug becoming more and more of a problem for me to not even be able to complete my personal story, after all of the time. Fix this bug, for the love of all that is holy, FIX IT!

That probably means that they have not been able to identify what causes the bug to bite people, which in turn suggests that it affects relatively few people. After they identify the cause, of course, they have to find a fix that doesn't break other things.

((Caveat lector: I know how software development and maintenance work because that has been my day job for thirty years.))

So I've just been googling this issue, as the exact same thing is happening to me right now... it appears people have been complaining about this for over three MONTHS now and nothing has been done at all? Whats worse is that its like an hour into the dungeon before it happens every time... so, basically, I just can't finish this game?

• 2 weeks later...

Bugged for me as well. I have six tanks I need to babysit and I can't speak to the Charr guy it keeps telling me to talk to. The monster spawns are infinite, and while the monsters spawn, the Charr won't speak with me and keeps dying.

We gave up and died after clearing waves for 20 mins or so. No point.

• 3 weeks later...

Still bugged for me (first failure was in February 2019). I am also on a Mac. Nothing happens after you transfer to the new bigger ship where Logan shows up. It just stays there forever and you can run around on this ship for infinity. It may or may not be related but Logan was running around with me fighting the Mouth of Zaitan when clearing the landing BEFORE he made the surprise appearance with the new bigger ship (obviously, he was not supposed to be with me at that earlier time).

@IDiivil.4176 said:Bugged for me as well. I have six tanks I need to babysit and I can't speak to the Charr guy it keeps telling me to talk to. The monster spawns are infinite, and while the monsters spawn, the Charr won't speak with me and keeps dying.

We gave up and died after clearing waves for 20 mins or so. No point.

This doesn't seem to be the same bug as reported in the OP and other replies. Did you post this in the wrong thread?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Running this on a mac as well. Seems like it could be Logan Thackeray's NPC might be bugged. Especially if he has anything to do with initiating the next sequence. I had Logan with me after he was supposed to be dead. He even helped me defeat The Mouth lol. The other NPCs of Destiny's Edge are not working right either. I could very well be the AI.

I'm going to see if anyone else is at the same point or if having another person in my party will help. Maybe we can find a work around. I'll send an update if it works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don;t know what is going on with this story, it bugs after completing retrieving the 3 cores, it bugs entering the ship, it bugs after defeating the mouth of zaithan. I think I played this instance at least 20 times ( no overreacting) and I've never come further than the mouth of zaithan. When a video played about the choppers which is unskippable and you return to the playscreen I see my character with the video sign above her. Can't do anything about it and kicked out again. Thing is, I really need the mastery points.

Why can't Arenanet just give me the chapter after many issues instead of frustrating their players who put so much money into the game :disappointed: .

Really unhappy with GW2 at the moment. (oh I know all the tips and trics, helpt for the POF stories!, but not for this instance). Playing in others instances give the same results in the HOT story (they reached the end and I was kicked out in the middel :anguished: ). Still have to try this last trick for this story but have low hope.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried twice yesterday, once with a group, got dropped at the cinematic to get on the first airship (was not my instance), and once on my own where I got as far as the charr copter, but couldn't board. I didn't get to screenshot or write down the codes.Today I tried again and after picking up the three cores was thrown out with a code 7:11:3:191101 while standing in the pact camp. Cinematic never played.I see that the personal story Victory or Death is still in the known bug tracker. I know there have been several updates since the last time someone posted about this, just wondering if there's more info needed or how I can finish story? I've got a few characters that haven't done this one and I'd like to have them all finished up.

ETA: I decided to be a glutton for punishment. One last shot. Solo. Managed to get through. I really hope there's a major fix for this at some point though, multiple attempts is such a time waste. Not to mention not wanting to ask anyone else to party up and waste their time...