Hey Healing Revenants, how do you like the new change?

Knighthonor.4061

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Ancient Echo should temporary boost all healing from the Revenant. I rather that than "
Just
" Alacrity

We already have so much healing and you want more?? ?

yes. I want more. Ancient Echo only works for non Elite Spec,,,

Obviously, but if you’re playing support Revenant without Herald or Renegade, you’re missing out on the majority of what makes support Revenant good.
Elite specs are supposed to be playstyle changes that add things to the class it didn’t have much access to before in its core class.
Since Renegade and Herald are both “offensive and defensive support” specs respectively, it seems fairly intentional that both elite specs are flat out better than core rev when it comes to supporting allies. Not even a 100% boost to all outgoing healing being added to Ancient Echo for Ventari would make Ancient Echo and Core Rev relevant or better than it’s Elites for support. And quite frankly core rev doesn’t need to be as good or better than its elites for support, since that’s both of the elite’s niches.

then whats the trade off?

The trade off is that your Core f2 gets converted to something else and you’re forced to drop one of your 3 chosen core traitlines. With this change it looks like Arenanet wants core Revenant to have more access to energy management, but lose that when taking an elite.

My point is about the elite spec mechanic in general though. To reiterate, elite specs are supposed to add to the class and change the playstyle, giving access to things the class didn’t have before. Ventari doesn’t have a fantastic 2nd legend to pair with in core builds for healing/support. So both Herald and Renegade can help provide parts of the “support Revenant build” that were missing, including a better secondary legend, F abilities, etc.

I know this is somewhat hard and weird to conceptualize since Revenant released at the same time as Herald, so Revenant players have never been without an elite spec and we’ve always had the option, if desired, to have a “complete” support spec. But if you take a look at say, Ranger, it might make more sense in comparison to Revenant. Ranger (pre-hot/Druid) had a handful of supportive-ish skills (spirits, healing spring, etc), but most certainly did not have any great way to be a “healer/support” character. Anet realized this so they released Druid which added all the missing pieces Ranger would need to be a solid healer/support. This is the exact same with Core Revenant; Ventari as mentioned didn’t have a great complementary legend or overall support build, so we ended up with two support elite specs with different focuses.

In short, Core rev doesn’t need to compete with Herald or Renegade for support because both Herald and Renegade are supposed to be supportive extensions of Revenant like Druid is for Ranger. Wanting a Core Rev that is as good a healer/support as Herald or Renegade would be like wanting Core Ranger to be as good a support as Druid; it’s not what Anet has intended for the core class to be excellent at. And that’s why an extra healing modifier isn’t needed or useful for Ancient Echo. The Alacrity isn’t amazing either, but I wouldn’t replace it with more +% healing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:Does anyone have a good sPvP build? I keep trying to go invocation for the stun break and regen but it always ends up being more flimsy than going retribution for damage reduction and upkeep heals.

And with the loss of toughness in salvation I'm having to go for barrier and 15% DR to break even.

salvation, invocation, retributionits another playstyle to focus on defending reither then killing ppl as fast as you can

@Morvar.9864 said:Losing the AoE regen from tablet didn't feel to nice. No one's picking those orbs up especially in WvW when most fights are moving to some direction all the time so it's just RNG if someone happens to stumble upon one. Comparing to the even more visible Energy Expulsion fragments, no one's picking even those.

I agree, this does feel like a pretty nasty hit for a build that was already struggling to be competitive. Had they given quickness, flat damage reduction, Resistance, or something else more desirable or lacking in more hardcore comps, this would have been more impactful. Vigor just feels like a toss away buff that is overshadowed by Engineers and their condition to boon convert abilities.

@Arkantos.7460 said:

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:Does anyone have a good sPvP build? I keep trying to go invocation for the stun break and regen but it always ends up being more flimsy than going retribution for damage reduction and upkeep heals.

And with the loss of toughness in salvation I'm having to go for barrier and 15% DR to break even.

salvation, invocation, retributionits another playstyle to focus on defending reither then killing ppl as fast as you can

what traits are you going?

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

what traits are you going?

salvation mid-mid-midinvocation bot-mid-midretributon top-bot-bot