Daredevil steal nerf

Moirg.7560

@Alatar.7364 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:Welcome to spellbreaker's world. FC used to deal damage too.

Edit: Port -> Dagger storm -> Steal -> Dagger storm -> steal -> Dagger stormJust saying.

And now reality: Port -> no valid path to target -> Dead

Now reality if lucky: Port -> dagger storm -> enemy went invul or block for 90% of its duration -> cg, you just wasted DS, Dead

Now reality if impossibly dream lucky:Port -> dagger storm -> dealth good dmg -> enemy either passively or instantly healed it -> enemy out damaged you with one or two skills instantly -> dead or running away and crying

Now DS is a strong skill without doubt and I don't care a bit if it gets nerfed, but if I as a thief can stand in the middle of enemy DS using just one Dodge and take barely any dmg, then what's the problems all the powercrept professions got with it?

Two can play that game.My "reality" then: since teef is a +1 almost always, you're getting caught with your pants down, say, 80% of the time and then the reality is:Port -> CC -> Dagger storm -> Dead

Also, my real complaint is not that DS is OP (that's why I wrote "just saying". Should have clarified that probably because I sense a storm (heh, get it?) coming from teef mains). If I get +1d it's not even that bad, I should die there. But I would love to see DS considered as invuln and not cap points during it's animation. That way I can at least leave the node to kite/LoS the damage and not forced to pop defensive abilities (which I probably don't have since It's a +1) to not loose a point.

It's difficult with skill like DS and ideas like not contributing to node cap, it's an evade skill after all, this way why doesn't Blurred frenzy, Bulls Charge, Pistol Whip or Instant Reflexes also prevent it?

Since Thief is not sidenoder and doesn't need to hold the node then I don't think it is necessary for DS to allow cap contribution, however I still don't think it's good to couple that restriction with evade skills.

I would add those sill to the list too. This is thief topic after all. Ofc other similar skills should get the same treatment in my opinion.

Nah, this way Scrapper, Boonbeast and Hybrid FB will
completely
dominate Conquest with no way for other professions to put pressure or sustain in the node to prevent the cap.

There are tons of pulls, knock backs in the game. Just saying.

Vs Scrapper, Boonbeast and Hybrid FB all those you mention are virtually useless they always have either block or stab and I don't even think that
always
is exaggerating in their case...

Nope. Not always and yes, there are ways to win vs them. I and many others can do that. So can you.

Both Scrapper and Boonbeast requiring either 2 good players or 3 average ones to get the decap from them
(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
.Only Scrapper can be stalled by one player after 5 mins of taking the node, still not boonbeast and it's 12 stacks of stability, 2 evade skills, 3sec invul
(that doesn't prevent cap)
and 100% endure Regen.

You saying that does not mean it's true. And using only your words as proof does not add any more credibility to the rest of your statement. Sorry.Because I can say that I could at least re-cap the node from scrapper and boonbeast in every match I played. So yeah. That's just words. The fact that you could not do that makes me question your rating. See where I'm going? No disrespect btw. Just trying to say that your own words are not proof enough.

But yours somehow are?

Not my point, but if you need explanation, here it is:Your (or mine) words are not facts. You should not use them as facts. Get it?Saying just that does makes me feel like you just want to complain, not get an advice or help. If that is the case, sorry. I misunderstood you. Wanted to help though. Have a good day.

You are using alibism at its best, that's like asking me to go and take a photo of Sky to prove that it looks of blue colour.How could you possibly say that my words about Scrapper and Boonbeast insane sustain are not to be taken in to account when there is literally
whole forums
talking about that and only blind guy could not see it in game...What you're saying is honestly plain ignorance just so you don't have to admit that it's true. All of what I said is not
my words
it's experience and words of just about everyone who plays pvp at the moment.

because some people don't take post balance patch QQ serious.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@derd.6413 said:

Edit: Port -> Dagger storm -> Steal -> Dagger storm -> steal -> Dagger stormJust saying.

Now reality if lucky: Port -> dagger storm -> enemy went invul or block for 90% of its duration -> cg, you just wasted DS, Dead

Now reality if impossibly dream lucky:Port -> dagger storm -> dealth good dmg -> enemy either passively or instantly healed it -> enemy out damaged you with one or two skills instantly -> dead or running away and crying

Now DS is a strong skill without doubt and I don't care a bit if it gets nerfed, but if I as a thief can stand in the middle of enemy DS using just one Dodge and take barely any dmg, then what's the problems all the powercrept professions got with it?

Two can play that game.My "reality" then: since teef is a +1 almost always, you're getting caught with your pants down, say, 80% of the time and then the reality is:Port -> CC -> Dagger storm -> Dead

Also, my real complaint is not that DS is OP (that's why I wrote "just saying". Should have clarified that probably because I sense a storm (heh, get it?) coming from teef mains). If I get +1d it's not even that bad, I should die there. But I would love to see DS considered as invuln and not cap points during it's animation. That way I can at least leave the node to kite/LoS the damage and not forced to pop defensive abilities (which I probably don't have since It's a +1) to not loose a point.

It's difficult with skill like DS and ideas like not contributing to node cap, it's an evade skill after all, this way why doesn't Blurred frenzy, Bulls Charge, Pistol Whip or Instant Reflexes also prevent it?

Since Thief is not sidenoder and doesn't need to hold the node then I don't think it is necessary for DS to allow cap contribution, however I still don't think it's good to couple that restriction with evade skills.

I would add those sill to the list too. This is thief topic after all. Ofc other similar skills should get the same treatment in my opinion.

completely
dominate Conquest with no way for other professions to put pressure or sustain in the node to prevent the cap.

Vs Scrapper, Boonbeast and Hybrid FB all those you mention are virtually useless they always have either block or stab and I don't even think that
always

Nope. Not always and yes, there are ways to win vs them. I and many others can do that. So can you.

Both Scrapper and Boonbeast requiring either 2 good players or 3 average ones to get the decap from them
(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
.Only Scrapper can be stalled by one player after 5 mins of taking the node, still not boonbeast and it's 12 stacks of stability, 2 evade skills, 3sec invul
and 100% endure Regen.

You saying that does not mean it's true. And using only your words as proof does not add any more credibility to the rest of your statement. Sorry.Because I can say that I could at least re-cap the node from scrapper and boonbeast in every match I played. So yeah. That's just words. The fact that you could not do that makes me question your rating. See where I'm going? No disrespect btw. Just trying to say that your own words are not proof enough.

But yours somehow are?

Not my point, but if you need explanation, here it is:Your (or mine) words are not facts. You should not use them as facts. Get it?Saying just that does makes me feel like you just want to complain, not get an advice or help. If that is the case, sorry. I misunderstood you. Wanted to help though. Have a good day.

You are using alibism at its best, that's like asking me to go and take a photo of Sky to prove that it looks of blue colour.How could you possibly say that my words about Scrapper and Boonbeast insane sustain are not to be taken in to account when there is literally
whole forums
talking about that and only blind guy could not see it in game...What you're saying is honestly plain ignorance just so you don't have to admit that it's true. All of what I said is not
my words

because some people don't take post balance patch QQ serious.

None of what we talked about was in any way affected or even remotely present in the balance patch though...

@Alatar.7364 said:

completely

always

(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
and 100% endure Regen.

But yours somehow are?

whole forums
my words

Um, no. If that was the case, why am I having different experience then? And not ONLY me. We, that can play and win vs those profession are playing blind? Is that what you are saying?I suggest you to wake up, and learn how to play vs those professions. Else you will just end up complaining all the time. The game will not change for you. You can, however, adapt and play differently. If you refuse to do so, there is no hope for you and you should probably not play games.Just so you know, in every game you have rules that you can either complain about or use to your advantage. Make your pick. But I guess you already did.

@FyzE.3472 said:

completely

always

(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
and 100% endure Regen.

But yours somehow are?

whole forums
my words

Um, no. If that was the case, why am I having different experience then? And not ONLY me. We, that can play and win vs those profession are playing blind? Is that what you are saying?I suggest you to wake up, and learn how to play vs those professions. Else you will just end up complaining all the time. The game will not change for you. You can, however, adapt and play differently. If you refuse to do so, there is no hope for you and you should probably not play games.Just so you know, in every game you have rules that you can either complain about or use to your advantage. Make your pick. But I guess you already did.

It's funny how people like you who throw around rating and "learn to play" are somehow never present in Leaderboard either current one or at least previous one unlike the people they throw it at.Which brings me to the fact that your last known rating in LB is Gold division....

@Alatar.7364 said:

completely

always

(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
and 100% endure Regen.

But yours somehow are?

whole forums
my words

It's funny how people like you who throw around rating and "learn to play" are somehow never present in Leaderboard either current one or previous one unlike the people they throw it at.Which brings me to the fact that your last known rating in LB is Gold division....

Right back at you friend. Me being able to deal with all the "issues" you have with the game just further proves your lack of interest in improving.Nice try though. Sad that you hurt yourself with that logic.

@FyzE.3472 said:

completely

always

(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
and 100% endure Regen.

But yours somehow are?

whole forums
my words

It's funny how people like you who throw around rating and "learn to play" are somehow never present in Leaderboard either current one or previous one unlike the people they throw it at.Which brings me to the fact that your last known rating in LB is Gold division....

Right back at you friend. Me being able to deal with all the "issues" you have with the game just further proves your lack of interest in improving.Nice try though. Sad that you hurt yourself with that logic.

You hurt yourself mate, cause you have no proof you can deal with them, remember ur own logic? While I got half a forum population to back up the fact Boonbeast and Scrapper sustain is insane. ;)

@Alatar.7364 said:

completely

always

(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
and 100% endure Regen.

But yours somehow are?

whole forums
my words

You hurt yourself mate, cause you have no proof you can deal with them, remember ur own logic? While I got half a forum population to back up the fact Boonbeast and Scrapper sustain is insane. ;)

Nope. There are people (actually skilled ones) with videos showing how easy it is to kill scrappers. Trevor's video for example. But hey. Let's just demand the nerf because you said so. We will see how it goes. Btw, last balance patch they did not nerf scrapper. Hmm....I don't have to proof anything in the first place btw. I don't complain about scrappers lol. I can deal with them. Me talking to you is an attempt to make you think. May be, just may be, you can at least try and improve after this. Instead of backing yourself with other vocal minority on the forums, saying it's legit feedback.

@FyzE.3472 said:

completely

always

(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
and 100% endure Regen.

But yours somehow are?

whole forums
my words

Nope. There are people (actually skilled ones) with videos showing how easy it is to kill scrappers. Trevor's video for example. But hey. Let's just demand the nerf because you said so. We will see how it goes. Btw, last balance patch they did not nerf scrapper. Hmm....I don't have to proof anything in the first place btw. I don't complain about scrappers lol. I can deal with them. Me talking to you is an attempt to make you think. May be, just may be, you can at least try and improve after this. Instead of backing yourself with other vocal minority on the forums, saying it's legit feedback.

mind providing a link to said vid

@FyzE.3472 said:

completely

always

(and never cap)
is definitely not
a way
and 100% endure Regen.

But yours somehow are?

whole forums
my words

Wtf logic is that Scrapper was not Nerfed? So?? Mirage before it got its nerfs was also not nerfed for several patches and yet again all know what it actually was.Next logic, saying something is unbalanced requires proof but saying something is not unbalanced does not require proof even though it's the very same thing to prove? You keep kicking yourself with your own unbelievably flawed logic.How can someone who didn't manage to crawl outside gold keep telling someone who's rating got as much as almost 300points higher than his, to improve?The hell is this =DD

@"Alatar.7364" said:kitten logic is that Scrapper was not Nerfed? So?? Mirage before it got its nerfs was also not nerfed for several patches and yet again all know what it actually was.Next logic, saying something is unbalanced requires proof but saying something is not unbalanced does not require proof even though it's the very same thing to prove? You keep kicking yourself with your own unbelievably flawed logic.How can someone who didn't manage to crawl outside gold keep telling someone who's rating got as much as almost 300points higher than his, to improve?The hell is this =DD

You just making excuses for yourself. Trying your best to make it not your problem, but it's the game, it's the team, it's the devs. Have fun (who am I kidding, you will just continue to demand everyone else to change) doing that. See if it helps you. Hint: it will not. If you think that Trevor is a worse player than you (you said nothing about the video. Probably because you don't have an excuse there).

Edit: Also, how can you, a PvP pro, the one that is the best, cry about scrapper when a "gold scrub" can deal with scrapper just fine? eks dee

For one using a ridiculously OP spec as a reference of being able to easily deal with scrappers is silly and I think u know that. Not that I think scrappers are super OP now but a soulbeast deleting a spec easily is just a situation where a crazy OP dps build out damaged a OP sustain build. Also before the scrapper was buffed in the first place I could have just as easily went into buff scrapper post and said I do fine with scrapper u guys just need to l2p but if 95% of the scrapper playerbase is telling me that its underperforming hmmm I donno,just my two cents.

@FyzE.3472 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:kitten logic is that Scrapper was not Nerfed? So?? Mirage before it got its nerfs was also not nerfed for several patches and yet again all know what it actually was.Next logic, saying something is unbalanced requires proof but saying something is not unbalanced does not require proof even though it's the very same thing to prove? You keep kicking yourself with your own unbelievably flawed logic.How can someone who didn't manage to crawl outside gold keep telling someone who's rating got as much as almost 300points higher than his, to improve?The hell is this =DD

You just making excuses for yourself. Trying your best to make it not your problem, but it's the game, it's the team, it's the devs. Have fun (who am I kidding, you will just continue to demand everyone else to change) doing that. See if it helps you. Hint: it will not. If you think that Trevor is a worse player than you (you said nothing about the video. Probably because you don't have an excuse there).

Edit: Also, how can you, a PvP pro, the one that is the best, cry about scrapper when a "gold scrub" can deal with scrapper just fine? eks dee

You again show no proof of how you can deal with Scrappers while demanding proof yourself.The video I knew about ever since it came out, and I just lol on the fact that you think that single profession fully invested in glass who's burst was also long long time considered op af too means Scrappers sustain is not complete bs.Just because one unbalanced profession has single fully dedicated hardcounter (which is by the way very unviable on all levels of play unless you're already one of the best ones with that specific profession, like Trevor) doesn't mean it's not unbalanced, what you say has always been the single most flawed and alibistic nonsense excuse of baddies who don't really have much experience, which is further proved by you being in gold.Also, show me where did I demand everyone to change?But I guess you'll just go back to repeating your flawed backfiring logic, while I see some people already agree with me while none does with you.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:For one using a ridiculously OP spec as a reference of being able to easily deal with scrappers is silly and I think u know that. Not that I think scrappers are super OP now but a soulbeast deleting a spec easily is just a situation where a crazy OP dps build out damaged a OP sustain build. Also before the scrapper was buffed in the first place I could have just as easily went into buff scrapper post and said I do fine with scrapper u guys just need to l2p but if 95% of the scrapper playerbase is telling me that its underperforming hmmm I donno,just my two cents.

Well, the point of that video was that you can kill a scrapper with one of the glassiest builds out there. But if you see it as one OP spec Beating the other... Not sure what to say. What profession are you playing?

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:kitten logic is that Scrapper was not Nerfed? So?? Mirage before it got its nerfs was also not nerfed for several patches and yet again all know what it actually was.Next logic, saying something is unbalanced requires proof but saying something is not unbalanced does not require proof even though it's the very same thing to prove? You keep kicking yourself with your own unbelievably flawed logic.How can someone who didn't manage to crawl outside gold keep telling someone who's rating got as much as almost 300points higher than his, to improve?The hell is this =DD

You again show no proof of how you can deal with Scrappers while demanding proof yourself.The video I knew about ever since it came out, and I just lol on the fact that you think that single profession fully invested in glass who's burst
was also long long time considered op af too
means Scrappers sustain is not complete bs.Just because one unbalanced profession has single fully dedicated hardcounter
(which is by the way very unviable on all levels of play unless you're already one of the best ones with that specific profession, like Trevor)
doesn't mean it's not unbalanced, what you say has always been the single most flawed and alibistic nonsense excuse of baddies who don't really have much experience, which is further proved by you being in gold.Also, show me where did I demand everyone to change?But I guess you'll just go back to repeating your flawed backfiring logic, while I see some people already agree with me while none does with you.

More excuses I see. Let's just ignore the fact that said "OP" profession will melt as soon as you just look at it shall we?What profession are you playing? May be someone can help you to improve until the scrapper is changed?If you consider thumbs up as people agreeing with you, It's just sad. Also a matter of time too. There are fare more people on this forum who just complain for the sake of it and far less people, who think that people should just improve. You know why? People who improve play the game, not sit on the forums complaining. And before you use your "logic", I am sitting at work. That's the only reason me being here and actually trying to help. As soon as I get home, I will log in and have fun with the game, not complaining about the game while still playing it. Looking for flaws everywhere BUT in me.

The reason behind me engaging in a conversation was, again, to try and help.But you don't need that, do you? No. You were so quick to disregard ANY of my answers just to keep on complaining. This will not help you.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:For one using a ridiculously OP spec as a reference of being able to easily deal with scrappers is silly and I think u know that. Not that I think scrappers are super OP now but a soulbeast deleting a spec easily is just a situation where a crazy OP dps build out damaged a OP sustain build. Also before the scrapper was buffed in the first place I could have just as easily went into buff scrapper post and said I do fine with scrapper u guys just need to l2p but if 95% of the scrapper playerbase is telling me that its underperforming hmmm I donno,just my two cents.

Amen, but tough luck, this logic applies to everyone else, just not that guy.

@FyzE.3472 said:

Well, the point of that video was that you can kill a scrapper with one of the glassiest builds out there. But if you see it as one OP spec Beating the other... Not sure what to say. What profession are you playing?

I was playing thief for 4 yrs now but other than mobility the class sucks compared to when I started playing it and got continually worse over the years.now trying to learn scrapper/holo, spellbreaker and rev. Been playing more ESO nightblade lately so learning the classes in and out been bit slower. Think maybe just a bit of gw burn out aswell lol. Holo and rev have been really fun to learn,cool visuals and great burst,engi is so versitile. Core warriors been fun in pve cuz feel like a beast,not good enough yet to pvp with it yet,only level 50. Dont like using scrolls when learning,donno how many hundreds of them I even have from wvw lol

@FyzE.3472 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:kitten logic is that Scrapper was not Nerfed? So?? Mirage before it got its nerfs was also not nerfed for several patches and yet again all know what it actually was.Next logic, saying something is unbalanced requires proof but saying something is not unbalanced does not require proof even though it's the very same thing to prove? You keep kicking yourself with your own unbelievably flawed logic.How can someone who didn't manage to crawl outside gold keep telling someone who's rating got as much as almost 300points higher than his, to improve?The hell is this =DD

You again show no proof of how you can deal with Scrappers while demanding proof yourself.The video I knew about ever since it came out, and I just lol on the fact that you think that single profession fully invested in glass who's burst
means Scrappers sustain is not complete bs.Just because one unbalanced profession has single fully dedicated hardcounter
(which is by the way very unviable on all levels of play unless you're already one of the best ones with that specific profession, like Trevor)
doesn't mean it's not unbalanced, what you say has always been the single most flawed and alibistic nonsense excuse of baddies who don't really have much experience, which is further proved by you being in gold.Also, show me where did I demand everyone to change?But I guess you'll just go back to repeating your flawed backfiring logic, while I see some people already agree with me while none does with you.

More excuses I see. Let's just ignore the fact that said "OP" profession will melt as soon as you just look at it shall we?What profession are you playing? May be someone can help you to improve until the scrapper is changed?If you consider thumbs up as people agreeing with you, It's just sad. Also a matter of time too. There are fare more people on this forum who just complain for the sake of it and far less people, who think that people should just improve. You know why? People who improve play the game, not sit on the forums complaining. And before you use your "logic", I am sitting at work. That's the only reason me being here and actually trying to help. As soon as I get home, I will log in and have fun with the game, not complaining about the game while still playing it. Looking for flaws everywhere BUT in me.

The reason behind me engaging in a conversation was, again, to try and help.But you don't need that, do you? No. You were so quick to disregard ANY of my answers just to keep on complaining. This will not help you.

I literally didn't bother reading that past "more excuses" from the only person here that didn't provide any valid argument, has no support, and demands proof while not providing his own.I am really done with this conversation so I don't have to lose more time reading the same flawed irrational alibism all over again.

@Alatar.7364 said:

I literally didn't bother reading that past
"more excuses"
from the only person here that didn't provide any valid argument, has no support, and demands proof while not providing his own.I am really done with this conversation so I don't have to lose more time reading the same flawed irrational alibism all over again.

I rest my case. Have fun putting words in other people's mouths and ignoring all actual attempts to help for the sole purpose of complaining.

I love the new daredevil changes, including swipe. You have plenty of other ways to engage, the unblockable is SUPER good during a fight. I don't miss the range much, every once in a while when I'm chasing a runner it's annoying when they are juuuuust outside of it I wish it was at least 900 but meh, given the choice between core steal and current swipe I prefer swipe.

@kodesh.2851 said:I love the new daredevil changes, including swipe. You have plenty of other ways to engage, the unblockable is SUPER good during a fight. I don't miss the range much, every once in a while when I'm chasing a runner it's annoying when they are juuuuust outside of it I wish it was at least 900 but meh, given the choice between core steal and current swipe I prefer swipe.

You're not using BP hs steal backstab or probably unaware of its existence if you think this is remotely a buff.