how do i join a guild as engie main ?

Hello all. As the title says. I am an engineer main and i often struggle to find a guild.

Engineer doesn't seem to be particularly good at any game content but i love engineer and i know my meta builds and rotations.

I think most guilds want me to play a light or heavy armor class - especially in group game content. I also main engineer but i know some players have 3 or 4 mains.

Is there anything i can do to get a guild or should i bite the bullet and roll another profession class ?

Seems like you are searching for a raid/fractal group? My guild usually runs a weekly raid training group and it doesn't really matter what classes you choose as long as you pass the dps test (which should be easy to achieve with meta builds and rotation). I usually play power holo for raid and fractal and no complaints so far. It's in EU server btw. Just pm me if you are interested

I recommend posting in the Looking for Guild section of the forum, or if you're looking for a guild for specific content (raids for example) post in that section. For the majority of content it shouldn't matter what profession you're using, as they are all capable of completing most things, especially in a group, so I wouldn't have thought the majority of guilds would even ask. I can't remember ever being asked what profession/s I play when I joined a new guild.

For some things like high level Fractals and raids some groups will require some compromise - for example if you want to play engi then you'll need to stick to roles they consider suitable for an engi, but that's something you can discuss with them when you join.

@Supermonk.6913 said:Thanks guys, i am in US i will probably need to transfer to a different server when i find the right guild. Thanks again yall. Be well

Unless you're looking for a WvW guild, there is no reason to transfer. For PVE , you would only transfer to another region like EU because you're NA.

Edit: What exactly are you looking for?

@Supermonk.6913 said:Thanks guys, i am in US i will probably need to transfer to a different server when i find the right guild. Thanks again yall. Be well

Please please please, do some basic research on all these topics.

First off, your assumption that guilds require people to play certain classes is vastly incorrect. I have never seen a guild require anything, also your understanding of the engineer is lacking. It's a great class depending on which content you want to play.

Second, servers are only important to WvW now and in general all pve is done on huge megaservers where every person can group with every other person.

Please watch some basic guide video on GW2 if only to maximize your own e joyment of the game and not waste money.