Toxic wvw Enemies

Virdo.1540

Im getting sick of it to get annoyed by some Enemies that just block someone to write, spam and insult anyone that just wins an normal fight.Even worse are these players who wait until you come online to just write tons of messages with insults like from a conveyour belt.Everytime I go to wvw and maybe kill 2-3 players i got at least one of them writing to me afterwards...How do you guys&girls think about removing the function to block enemies? or would you wish to keep it?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While they're at it I'd love if people who throw siege on your body after chasing you 5vs1 would just randomly get killed and teleported back to spawn without warning.

And about blocking: could just take a few min to take effect (if someone spams you a lot the auto spam filter kicks in anyway) and you should not be able to contact enemies when the block is in effect.

It seems odd that people are allowed to emote all over the place, be condescending etc. (hard to negate that, thrash "talk" always finds its way) but a chat message that can actually start a civil discussion can be blocked (it can also be toxic, but you can actually get banned for serious insults / threats).

@Virdo.1540 said:Im getting sick of it to get annoyed by some Enemies that just block someone to write, spam and insult anyone that just wins an normal fight.Even worse are these players who wait until you come online to just write tons of messages with insults like from a conveyour belt.Everytime I go to wvw and maybe kill 2-3 players i got at least one of them writing to me afterwards...How do you guys&girls think about removing the function to block enemies? or would you wish to keep it?

I mean if you get triggered by salty people in PvP u should just stick to PvE my dude, salt and PMs are what most people even play WvW for, just saying, stick to your living story, PvP games are definitelly not for you.

@Rampage.7145 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Im getting sick of it to get annoyed by some Enemies that just block someone to write, spam and insult anyone that just wins an normal fight.Even worse are these players who wait until you come online to just write tons of messages with insults like from a conveyour belt.Everytime I go to wvw and maybe kill 2-3 players i got at least one of them writing to me afterwards...How do you guys&girls think about removing the function to block enemies? or would you wish to keep it?

I mean if you get triggered by salty people in PvP u should just stick to PvE my dude, salt and PMs are what most people even play WvW for, just saying, stick to your living story, PvP games are definitelly not for you.

its not that i get triggered, i just get annoyed from so many messages over and over again, esp when im trying to chat with guild members etc.

@Virdo.1540 said:cuz its more annoying to block every single raging kid that writes.Nobody should be able to see which enemy has which accountname.

But what about people on my server? I get offended by them all the time for helping with siege or repairing walls for example. I think nobody should be able to write in this game. Maybe teamchat is ok but wispering needs to go.

@"Virdo.1540" said:Im getting sick of it to get annoyed by some Enemies that just block someone to write, spam and insult anyone that just wins an normal fight.Even worse are these players who wait until you come online to just write tons of messages with insults like from a conveyour belt.Everytime I go to wvw and maybe kill 2-3 players i got at least one of them writing to me afterwards...How do you guys&girls think about removing the function to block enemies? or would you wish to keep it?

I'd like to keep it. I've only ever had one person get irrationally upset about losing to me. They talked some trash and that was that.

On the other hand, I routinely use this "feature" to show respect to worthy opponents and have made a lot of friends this way. One of my favorite things in wvw is fighting against someone I know and then having a laugh afterward about the outcome.

I'm in it for the fights and I appreciate other players who are of like mind. I'd like to continue being able to communicate with them.

I'm sorry but I really don't believe THAT many people are sending you salty whispers. I WvW all the time and while it does happen, it's far from a daily occurrence. Do you have a bad reputation or something? Seems like people have made you a target for whatever reason.

@Nocturnal Lunacy.8563 said:

@"schloumou.3982" said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Actually as a (roamer before the advent of the mount) I never attacked anybody under the rank of bronze. I feel they should at least have learned the game by bronze rank. And I even go as far as to just ignore the low rank unless they make it absolutely hard to ignore them then I have to delete them but i dont stomp i just walk away. If they are unlucky some guy will come by and stomp them and i get a "Small Loot Bag" If you all gave out precursors you better believe id be at your spawn all day.

That's very nobel but we can't rely on self imposed rules here. What we need is damage reduction for lower ranks. A diamond player for example should do max 70% damage against an platinum player.

?

I actually regret not screenshotting more of the salt whispers. More valuable than badges of honor, and it just takes 5 clicks or so to hard counter it all.

I'll never forget the salt mail I got sent for a forum post though. It was long winded but I never read it. Probably should have; so much salt gone to waste. xD

@schloumou.3982 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Actually as a (roamer before the advent of the mount) I never attacked anybody under the rank of bronze. I feel they should at least have learned the game by bronze rank. And I even go as far as to just ignore the low rank unless they make it absolutely hard to ignore them then I have to delete them but i dont stomp i just walk away. If they are unlucky some guy will come by and stomp them and i get a "Small Loot Bag" If you all gave out precursors you better believe id be at your spawn all day.

That's very nobel but we can't rely on self imposed rules here. What we need is damage reduction for lower ranks. A diamond player for example should do max 70% damage against an platinum player.

Lolwhat?

@schloumou.3982 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Even if this were a problem-free solution (it isn't), it addresses a non-issue. Players entering a PvP game mode should expect to be attacked by other players. It's quite simply the nature of the game and should never be taken personally. Anyone who can't handle that is playing the wrong game. No change is needed here.

Further, you create more problems than you solve with this particular solution. While a high rank requires dedication to the game mode and experience definitely correlates with ability, a roamer is still going to be at an advantage against a zerg player. I've certainly killed more diamond and mithril rank players on my way to my current silver rank than have killed me! You want to handicap them more?

@schloumou.3982 said:

People would just smurf to gain an advantage. Imo, what would help new players and classes usually unwanted in zergs would be removing rallying of enemy players. Or downed state in general like this week^^Because rallybotting is the reason commanders don't want certain classes / players in zergs (for a reason, they are a liability). If rallying wasn't a thing a player might not add much to a zerg anyway, but at least he doesn't take away from it (put into a seperate group so boons aren't leeched).

No, please, don't remove that function.When I kill an enemy I wait for him to whisper me - I live for that.If he doesn't whisper I start jumping on his corpse and I feel very sad if he ignore me.I am a simple man - I find the joy of life in these little things ;)

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Even if this were a problem-free solution (it isn't), it addresses a non-issue. Players entering a PvP game mode should expect to be attacked by other players. It's quite simply the nature of the game and should never be taken personally. Anyone who can't handle that is playing the wrong game. No change is needed here.

Further, you create more problems than you solve with this particular solution. While a high rank requires dedication to the game mode and experience definitely correlates with ability, a roamer is still going to be at an advantage against a zerg player. I've certainly killed more diamond and mithril rank players on my way to my current silver rank than have killed me! You want to handicap them more?

First of all the ganker (let's call it what it is) vs teamplayer problem has been solved by the horse. You clearly don't get the bigger picture. What is a single Diamond player vs the hordes of new players this change will bring? Not long and you can gank only dolyaks if nothing happens.