Radiant Revival nostalgia

ChillyKoti.1928

It was kinda not really used as a res trait though at least in pvp most people would start a res just to get the infused life effect to help them resustain and then instantly give up on the res unless they thought they could actually get it. The other res traits attempt to make resing actually easier and while it did improve res potential slightly it was much better as a situational and selfish sustain trait. Probably should have been reworked and moved out of herald since all the other res traits are in core traitlines, but that part was forgotten I guess.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I miss it. Might have been the trait was too good for an assassin profession.

Only if you play shiro. Revenant is more than this.

It's interesting that you say revenant when what you meant to say is herald. This is a herald trait and yeah, it's only played as an assassin.

In PvP/WvW maybe. But Herald is not always paired with Shiro, even if it is the most used pair.And Glint alone is definitly not an assassin, on the contrary, she wanted to protect humanity :)

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I miss it. Might have been the trait was too good for an assassin profession.

It's interesting that you say revenant when what you meant to say is herald. This is a herald trait and yeah, it's only played as an assassin.

In PvP/WvW maybe. But Herald is not always paired with Shiro, even if it is the most used pair.And Glint alone is definitly not an assassin, on the contrary, she wanted to protect humanity :)

Talking game mechanics here, not lore.

@Justine.6351 said:

Yes and herald with jalis or ventari is not an assassin. Jalis with double swords could be seen as one. Althrough it would miss shiro utilities that play a great part in this.

And back to the topic, that trait made sense from glint perspective. It shouldn't have been removed...

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

Yes and herald with jalis or ventari is not an assassin. Jalis with double swords could be seen as one. Althrough it would miss shiro utilities that play a great part in this.

And back to the topic, that trait made sense from glint perspective. It shouldn't have been removed...

No, it didn't make sense. At best it should be a Salvation Trait that pulses healing to the revenant while they were rezzing an ally. Making a revenant immune to all damage (AND converting it to healing) for 2 seconds even if canceling the rez, was lazy design and broken.

@Justine.6351 said:

No, it didn't make sense. At best it should be a Salvation Trait that pulses healing to the revenant while they were rezzing an ally. Making a revenant immune to all damage (AND converting it to healing) for 2 seconds even if canceling the rez, was lazy design and broken.

Exactly as Glint heal, and it is great design IMO, because you can get nothing from it or a full heal, depending on your opponents.If your opponent is smart, he will only cc you and wait 2s, thus nullify your trait. How can you see this as broken ? It is creative and fits the theme of Herald.I guess we will never agree anyways!

How about casting a "lesser crystal hybernation" for 2 seconds while reviving an ally; revive speed is increased by 10%.

Just throwing an idea here. I always though that Herald thematically needed a trait like that and now that it was removed, I feel that the spec miss something like that.

But again, just throwing stuff here. I doubt ArenaNet will even do something and I see some people disagree and they have fair opinions.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

Exactly as Glint heal, and it is great design IMO, because you can get nothing from it or a full heal, depending on your opponents.If your opponent is smart, he will only cc you and wait 2s, thus nullify your trait. How can you see this as broken ? It is creative and fits the theme of Herald.I guess we will never agree anyways!

"yeah lets take heralds heal that converts all damage to healing, for 2 seconds, and tack it onto a revive trait, how creative !"said no one.