Druid raid and fractal viability post patch?

bbop.9706

I'd love to hear from experienced fractalers and raiders...

I'm totally new to druid and started gearing one a good few patches ago when they were considered ezmode/braindead by many...

I love playing support but now i have finally got the gear i am reading that they are nerfed to the ground/raids are much harder now etc..

I wanted to learn raids and fractals with an easy class that allowed me to focus on mechanics and overall strategy rather than worry too much about rotations etc. Also, to play a role that was in demand and easy to pug with.

Should i switch to another profession? Tempest? Rev? FB? or should i stick with druid?

I feel like i put my eggs in the wrong basket right now!

@bbop.9706 said:I wanted to learn raids and fractals with an easy class that allowed me to focus on mechanics and overall strategy rather than worry too much about rotations etc.

It is not the druid :) not at least in raids (or any healer/active supporter). You need to watch the boss, mechanics, where are the other 9 player and where will they be.Because we have lost all druid specific buffs , druid now have easier timing for celestial form, but that's all.

If you still enjoy Druid, stick with that since you already have the gear. As has been said, most important will be learning the fractal and raid specific mechanics. And I suppose Druid should be even “easier” to play since the nerf: 1) no need to worry about pets they will be dead or useless at best 2) no glyph of empowerment to remember, just shepherding spirits.Otherwise, necro feels like the one of the easier and fun-to-play classes and most survivable to me. Plus, unless you play support scourge, you won’t have applying boons or keeping others alive to additionally worry about while learning. Not trying to talk you out of Druid — it’s what I played most in T4 fractals and raids — just giving another option. :)

@VDAC.2137 said:If you still enjoy Druid, stick with that since you already have the gear. As has been said, most important will be learning the fractal and raid specific mechanics. And I suppose Druid should be even “easier” to play since the nerf: 1) no need to worry about pets they will be dead or useless at best 2) no glyph of empowerment to remember, just shepherding spirits.Otherwise, necro feels like the one of the easier and fun to play and most survivable to me. Plus, unless you play support scourge, you won’t have applying booms or keeping others alive to additionally worry about while learning. Not trying to talk you out of Druid — it’s what I played most in T4 fractals and raids — just giving another option. :)

Thanks for the advice, this is music to my ears! I also love heal scourge and might have gone with it but for the fact that they don't seem as 'in-demand' - I wanted to maximise my chances of getting groups and clearing the content? Please correct me if i'm wrong though.

@bbop.9706 said:

@VDAC.2137 said:If you still enjoy Druid, stick with that since you already have the gear. As has been said, most important will be learning the fractal and raid specific mechanics. And I suppose Druid should be even “easier” to play since the nerf: 1) no need to worry about pets they will be dead or useless at best 2) no glyph of empowerment to remember, just shepherding spirits.Otherwise, necro feels like the one of the easier and fun to play and most survivable to me. Plus, unless you play support scourge, you won’t have applying boons or keeping others alive to additionally worry about while learning. Not trying to talk you out of Druid — it’s what I played most in T4 fractals and raids — just giving another option. :)

Thanks for the advice, this is music to my ears! I also love heal scourge and might have gone with it but for the fact that they don't seem as 'in-demand' - I wanted to maximise my chances of getting groups and clearing the content? Please correct me if i'm wrong though.

I think you are correct and druids are still more in demand for their heals and boons for both fractals and raids.

After doing our full clear last night, I noticed a few things:

Pets are fine, they never died and still carried cc.Spirits are still strong (although their boon uptime is not), but having a druid bring them let someone play higher dps classes and not be stuck as a spirit soul beast.Still has the best (better than ever) vigor uptime, which was good for fights where people used Mirage or Daredevil (especially with the new DD 0-endurance builds).

And Glyph of Stars... Was amazing vs KC: Everyone could just stand in the donut and go full dps on him during his post-orb-pre-leap mini-burn phase.But it was pretty useless for Sloth since its cooldown couldn't keep up with shake's.