Revenant's Color scheme

Elric.4713

Why are our icons colored all ugly like some disco ball, our color scheme is suppose to be red, black and white but then we have other colors added on top of that with every legend and with new skills that got added with and after PoF (Kalla, Shortbow, Trident and Ancient Echo) we've been getting some blue tints on them as well.Does anyone else also finds this choice for Rev's icons ugly, or am I the only nutball?

Also when are we gonna get new icons for the one's that are just recolored versions from other professions?4FAvEBg.jpg

@"Elric.4713" said:Why are our icons colored all ugly like some disco ball, our color scheme is suppose to be red, black and white but then we have other colors added on top of that with every legend and with new skills that got added with and after PoF (Kalla, Shortbow, Trident and Ancient Echo) we've been getting some blue tints on them as well.

Subjective topic obviously, but is your stance that our legend skill icons should be red/black/white only instead of their current color schemes?

Personally I think the current colors make perfect sense and help visually differentiate between legends as you swap them. As for the "Why these colors?", weapon skills follow the R/B/W pattern as they are amplified by rev's own core mist magic. The legend skill icons represent their specific character/design.

• Shiro = green for jade, red for either Shiro's clothing/emblem/general assassin vibe.
  • Mallyx = purple/red for realm of torment/Abaddon theme.
  • Ventari = yellow/blue with some red for the tablet (This could've been other colors but i imagine it's for the consistency with the design of the tablet inside the grove)
  • Jalis = gray/blue like the Great Dwarf aura from GW1.
  • Glint = blue/red/yellow, blue represents Glint's own color. Not sure about red/yellow but since glint used crystal magic and her entire lair was basically a giant rainbow fiesta any color scheme would work.
  • Kalla = red/blue/orange. No clue as to why, as it's a GW2 only character.

On closer inspection red/black/white colors appear in most legend skills, (Often in minimal amounts) perhaps that's anet inserting the rev's core scheme into them.

If all of those legend skills were purely red/black/white it'd be pretty dull imo. It works for other classes because they generally have a single unified theme. Revenant can get away with varying colors due to basically leeching its identity from other entities. The current style lets players know they are actually using different kinds of magic/powers when they swap legend. That said, it's all up to personal preference. :-)

I do agree that recycling skill icons from other GW2 classes for Revenant is lazy, really driving that unfinished profession feel all the way home... Though i think other classes have some of it as well.

@WraithOfStealth.1624 said:If all of those legend skills were purely red/black/white it'd be pretty dull imo. It works for other classes because they generally have a single unified theme. Revenant can get away with varying colors due to basically leeching its identity from other entities. The current style lets players know they are actually using different kinds of magic/powers when they swap legend. That said, it's all up to personal preference. :-)

I do agree that recycling skill icons from other GW2 classes for Revenant is lazy, really driving that unfinished profession feel all the way home... Though i think other classes have some of it as well.

I'm not questioning their decision on the colors they picked for each Legends, I just feel like if other professions can have unified color scheme why can't we? Personally I don't find red, black and white dull. And when it comes to Legend recognition I feel like energy bar itself changing color like it already does works just fine.

It's just something I've been thinking about as a designer myself. And with the recent Salvation update they added 6 new icons to traits that we barely even get to see , so I guess someone at ANet cares about this sort of stuff :)

Ele doesn't have an unified color scheme, it's based on the current attunement right? Doesn't the same idea (attunements/legends) also apply to rev?

Also at least all the skills in one legend have the same color scheme, and all weapons have the same color scheme. Weaver's colors are all over the place lol.

Well, I understand someone can have a problem with that. Not me. I really like the fact that each legend has a very unique color scheme + the weapons follow the Revenant's theme itself.I really don't like that the new Anceint Echo stants out so much. On the other hand - I'd really like if all Revenant Weapon skills followed Ritualist's color scheme because AE reminds me of those.

Overall, I'm satisified with current colors.

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:I really don't like that the new Anceint Echo stants out so much. On the other hand - I'd really like if all Revenant Weapon skills followed Ritualist's color scheme because AE reminds me of those.

Ah yes, I also feel like it's a missed opportunity that they didn't go with turquoise, but we already have two classes with green and Guardian with light blue so I can understand why they went with red instead.Maybe if we get Master Togo they can use turquoise for him =)

yB4ZbaR.png

• 5 months later...