Toxic wvw Enemies

Virdo.1540

@Silinsar.6298 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Actually as a (roamer before the advent of the mount) I never attacked anybody under the rank of bronze. I feel they should at least have learned the game by bronze rank. And I even go as far as to just ignore the low rank unless they make it absolutely hard to ignore them then I have to delete them but i dont stomp i just walk away. If they are unlucky some guy will come by and stomp them and i get a "Small Loot Bag" If you all gave out precursors you better believe id be at your spawn all day.

That's very nobel but we can't rely on self imposed rules here. What we need is damage reduction for lower ranks. A diamond player for example should do max 70% damage against an platinum player.

People would just smurf to gain an advantage. Imo, what would help new players and classes usually unwanted in zergs would be removing rallying of enemy players. Or downed state in general like this week^^Because rallybotting is the reason commanders don't want certain classes / players in zergs (for a reason, they are a liability). If rallying wasn't a thing a player might not add much to a zerg anyway, but at least he doesn't take away from it (put into a seperate group so boons aren't leeched).

That's where you are wrong. Rally is a mechanic that balances out skill gaps and we need mutch more of that to attract lots of players.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Get thicker skin, or just block them the second you see a message. How this can be so hard for some of you people is beyond me.

No need to get salty over people getting salty because they tried to whisper someone who was set to offline whispering them salt :-)

@schloumou.3982 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Actually as a (roamer before the advent of the mount) I never attacked anybody under the rank of bronze. I feel they should at least have learned the game by bronze rank. And I even go as far as to just ignore the low rank unless they make it absolutely hard to ignore them then I have to delete them but i dont stomp i just walk away. If they are unlucky some guy will come by and stomp them and i get a "Small Loot Bag" If you all gave out precursors you better believe id be at your spawn all day.

That's very nobel but we can't rely on self imposed rules here. What we need is damage reduction for lower ranks. A diamond player for example should do max 70% damage against an platinum player.

People would just smurf to gain an advantage. Imo, what would help new players and classes usually unwanted in zergs would be removing rallying of enemy players. Or downed state in general like this week^^Because rallybotting is the reason commanders don't want certain classes / players in zergs (for a reason, they are a liability). If rallying wasn't a thing a player might not add much to a zerg anyway, but at least he doesn't take away from it (put into a seperate group so boons aren't leeched).

That's where you are wrong. Rally is a mechanic that balances out skill gaps and we need mutch more of that to attract lots of players.

Rally is not a mechanic that balances out skill gaps. "Revives" as a gameplay function helps to strengthen the importance of teamplay but "rally" as a mechanic is detrimental in with the current state of things. For that matter...what is wrong with skill gap? Thats just the territory you live in when you're playing any PvP mode. The player with more experience and skill will beat the player(s) with less skill. WvW is essentially an "open world" PvP mode and getting beaten by a more experienced player shouldn't elicit the reaction of "I keep dying to this Platinum player, give me damage reduction because they have played longer than I have".

No.

Not only would that promote people just making smurf accounts to benefit from damage reduction but that also further damages the PvP nature of the game mode because you, as a player, are getting frustrated at others rather than trying to personally improve yourself in this game.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Get thicker skin, or just block them the second you see a message. How this can be so hard for some of you people is beyond me.

No need to get salty over people getting salty because they tried to whisper someone who was set to offline whispering them salt :-)

True fact my friend lmao

@schloumou.3982 said:

So the better I play the less damage I do?The reward for my skill is a nerf?

Ideas this bad are why the devs should never listen to this community's input.

There is nothing you can do except block the goofballs, and follow the non-goofballs. It doesn't matter how good, or what clan they are from, if they throw siege or send nasty pm's they stay on my block list. Thankfully, its not very large yet.

Things tend to get a little too toxic if this game mode is taken too seriously, you have to laugh at yourself a lot, and have a thick skin. Play how you want as long as you are not there to just BM peeps. You also have to realize others will be doing the same, and if you cannot handle players running certain specs or classes then this game mode is not for you.

Too many people cant move on from a encounter, and they just stay triggered making everything around them worse.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

. For that matter...what is wrong with skill gap?

It creates frustration and we can't have that if we want lots of active players.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

The more you play. And how about you make a better proposal, dolyak boy.

@schloumou.3982 said:

It creates frustration and we can't have that if we want lots of active players.

What creates frustration can be entirely different from person to person, also what makes the frustration of these new players more valid than the frustrations of more veteran players?

Skill gap isn't a bad thing, just because it frustrates those who are on one hand unwilling to improve by acknowledging their own mistakes or on the other hand have to accept their circumstances because they aren't able to play as frequently or don't want to improve (which is fine). Catering to either of those subsets of what essentially constitutes a "casual" player doesn't create a healthy PvP environment.

Do you know what people actually want in WvW? Something more competitive than what we have now. People don't leave WvW because of the skill gap. That to me isn't a valid reason to begin with because we are talking about people who are, for some reason, expecting to...not die or something. People leave or don't play WvW because the rewards are not worth the time compared to PvE and there is no point to "winning" in WvW. Its not even bragging rights or anything.

If they want to bring people into WvW they need to make it worthwhile to spend time in it and they need to create a reason to win or to want to win. To want to do better. The more they deviate from that direction the worse WvW will get.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Why? The issue this proposal addresses isn't an issue that needs addressing.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

What creates frustration can be entirely different from person to person, also what makes the frustration of these new players more valid than the frustrations of more veteran players?

Skill gap isn't a
bad
thing, just because it frustrates those who are on one hand unwilling to improve by acknowledging their own mistakes or on the other hand have to accept their circumstances because they aren't able to play as frequently or don't
want
to improve (which is fine). Catering to either of those subsets of what essentially constitutes a "casual" player doesn't create a healthy PvP environment.

Do you know what people
actually
want in WvW? Something more competitive than what we have now. People don't leave WvW because of the skill gap. That to me isn't a valid reason to begin with because we are talking about people who are, for some reason, expecting to...not die or something. People leave or don't play WvW because the rewards are
not
worth the time compared to PvE and there is
no
point to "winning" in WvW. Its not even bragging rights or anything.

If they want to bring people into WvW they need to make it worthwhile to spend time in it and they need to create a
reason
to win or to want to win. To want to do better. The more they deviate from that direction the worse WvW will get.

That misses the fundamental problem. Let's say we would actually improve the rewards for winning MUs drastically, even give out unique skins for events like in PvP. 2/3 of the players wouldn't be able to get them and leave the mode in frustration. Everyone needs rewards, and everyone needs to win.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Who decides that? You?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:No, please, don't remove that function.When I kill an enemy I wait for him to whisper me - I live for that.If he doesn't whisper I start jumping on his corpse and I feel very sad if he ignore me.I am a simple man - I find the joy of life in these little things ;)

While I don't enjoy typing salt because it makes no sense to get upset over a game, I enjoy reading salt too.This is why I proposed allowing servers to chat with each other in game.Chat warfare will help spice up the mode.Those allergic to salt can just hide or disable the chat.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Skill gap isn't a
bad
thing, just because it frustrates those who are on one hand unwilling to improve by acknowledging their own mistakes or on the other hand have to accept their circumstances because they aren't able to play as frequently or don't
want
to improve (which is fine). Catering to either of those subsets of what essentially constitutes a "casual" player doesn't create a healthy PvP environment.

Do you know what people
actually
want in WvW? Something more competitive than what we have now. People don't leave WvW because of the skill gap. That to me isn't a valid reason to begin with because we are talking about people who are, for some reason, expecting to...not die or something. People leave or don't play WvW because the rewards are
not
worth the time compared to PvE and there is
no
point to "winning" in WvW. Its not even bragging rights or anything.

If they want to bring people into WvW they need to make it worthwhile to spend time in it and they need to create a
reason
to win or to want to win. To want to do better. The more they deviate from that direction the worse WvW will get.

That misses the fundamental problem. Let's say we would actually improve the rewards for winning MUs drastically, even give out unique skins for events like in PvP. 2/3 of the players wouldn't be able to get them and leave the mode in frustration. Everyone needs rewards, and everyone needs to win.

2/3 would be able to get them based on what information? Do you have some inside knowledge of how Anet would improve rewards in WvW? If people are leaving because they are frustrated about dying in a Player Versus Player game mode then maybe they shouldn't play the game mode? Simple as that. It clearly isn't for them and anything Anet does isn't going to keep them around, giving them some sort of "damage reduction" for being low rank wouldn't help anything and it would just frustrate the veteran players because New Player #1 suddenly has 50% damage reduction because you're a Mithril rank. That doesn't work.

If you want to get people interested in WvW and interested in improving you start at making the rewards worthwhile and give people a reason to win. Trying to turn WvW into some casual PvE fest that is pandering and handing things out to new players will severely hurt WvW, not help it.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Newbies and lower rank people should play more?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:No, please, don't remove that function.When I kill an enemy I wait for him to whisper me - I live for that.If he doesn't whisper I start jumping on his corpse and I feel very sad if he ignore me.I am a simple man - I find the joy of life in these little things ;)

Maybe he is a she and rather than waste time whispering you, she's plotting her revenge.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

Maybe he is a she and rather than waste time whispering you, she's plotting her revenge.

After reading your post I am reminded that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Not as much frustration as your suggestion would cause. Who's going to want to keep playing a game mode that punishes you for playing a long time? That would be like having your stats go down every time you level up in PVE.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Who decides that? You?

That's right, chief. Me. Why? Who decided that there was a problem? You? Are you starting to get how this forum thing works yet?

Your damage reduction is that as a lower rank (bronze or below) "most" higher ranks (plat and above) are likely to give you free pass. If you were a higher (this time silver and above) you'd see they don't get as many free passes, everyone targets them, which is why most don't roam alone.

You think I'm lying, test it out, bronze guys don't see nearly as many ganks as they will the moment they hit silver and both of my alts can attest to that. I'd roam on my Plat main and constantly be bombarded, switch to an alt (at the time) bronze and those same people would 9/10xs let me be. But once those accounts hit silver, nope, just a regular bag.

Any advantages on top of free passes (at player discetion) would likely nullify said player discretion and turn all low ranks into free for alls.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Im getting sick of it to get annoyed by some Enemies that just block someone to write, spam and insult anyone that just wins an normal fight.Even worse are these players who wait until you come online to just write tons of messages with insults like from a conveyour belt.Everytime I go to wvw and maybe kill 2-3 players i got at least one of them writing to me afterwards...How do you guys&girls think about removing the function to block enemies? or would you wish to keep it?

I mean if you get triggered by salty people in PvP u should just stick to PvE my dude, salt and PMs are what most people even play WvW for, just saying, stick to your living story, PvP games are definitelly not for you.

its not that i get triggered, i just get annoyed from so many messages over and over again, esp when im trying to chat with guild members etc.

you have the control of how you feel and how you can manage that when you play mmo.. its like in real life there are plenty of people like that around you cant expect everyone to be good and nice right