PVP Balance Patch - what about ele?

@Fortus.6175 said:I was perusing reddit and saw the changes to ele. Must say that increasing our healing is certainly a good step in the right direction, it was added to weapon that already has a relatively good time surviving. I will probably try it it out at some point down the line, but I just hope Anet keeps on nerfing other classes, rather than powercreep eles too.

I honestly dont know how to buff traits without breaking eles, same for ways to survive fights without stacking health and healing with toughness. All I know is that I look forward to one day equip marauder on D/D and go nuts.

You can do celestial rather well...10k firegrabs and so on...

Just need fire aura fixed lol

@"Megametzler.5729" said:

I'll give you a starting point.

For sword:

• Increase ranges to 180, a multiple of 60!
  • Hand out some cover condis on AAs.
  • Increase some damages on dual skills slightly or make them castable backwards again (for kiting without weapon swap).
  • Increase some evade skill CDs like Riptide but give them more healing/AoE barrier or something OR reduce evade time and decrease CD.
  • Decrease ToF CD to 40s.

For tempest:

• Give personal stab baseline, make AoE stab traitable.
  • Make auras 5s again, shocking auras ICD to 1s. Rework fire aura.

I'd love fury back in arcane... but that probably counts as unrealistic. I am not asking for PVE or WVW changes, purely PVP perspective.

So, what would you add? What would you not like to see? What about staff, FA?

1.Range buff could be awesome, not game breaking, just QoL buff2.Meh, maybe just add chill to water aa, idk if it would be used anyway3.This one. T h i s freaking one. I have a question ANet, why the bloody hell revenant Sword 2 (Precision strike) which has almost the same animation as our Natural Frenzy can be casted while kiting to targets that are behind and we must be in 180 degrees facing them? So stupid and ridiculous.4.No. Please don't. I've been playing this game since beta, i already know how ANet "adjust" things, especially elementalist things and trust me, it will get only worse. Just dont touch Riptide.5.w/e

Idc about Tempest, so i won't comment it. Weaver doesn't need massive healing/damage buffs (a bit would be appreciated, but not needed). What it need is QoL, like range, sometimes bugs on projectiles (also range issue) and projectiles castable backwards. It won't break anything, just make spec more viable.About good ol' dd core...Idk, just try things ANet, cant be much worse anyway :)

i have some questions:what should be the strengths/ weakness of each elite spec? and how should they synergie with the different vanilla playstiles? (i mean also the strenghts of each posible vanilla build addapted on the elitespec, or what uniceness strenghts the elite specs should bring)

atm weaver feels a little of the old dd build (with less power but more anoying evades), or like a better fa. Tempest on the otherside, feeled like the old spamming aoe staff ele or also a supporter (that he was too weak on vanilla-times).

But how much new mechanics should the specs have and how much of the old playstiles it should bring back?

also should elitespecs allways be stronger then vanilla? and on witch way should it be stronger/weaker?

last thing: how much posible playstiles should be playable on each mode?

ofc i would like to know this also on each profession but the discussion is only about ele^^. I think its more important to know how many playstile options we want and make them smoth as posible.

@Widmo.3186 said:(...)2.Meh, maybe just add chill to water aa, idk if it would be used anyway(...)

The problem is, once there are some viable condi specs again, people will reequip serious condi cleanses. And one firebrand already has the ability to completely shut down a condi weaver. Or one prot holo. Or scrapper. Or drooid... or other weavers for that matter.

There are basically no viable condi builds out there (except scourge), the rest ist just trolling, so few people really trait for condi cleanses. What could also happen: Reduce the cleanse potential of many classes. But I do not think that is realistic - it's be much easiert to give some cover conditions to underplayed builds.

@Widmo.3186 said:(...)4.No. Please don't. I've been playing this game since beta, i already know how ANet "adjust" things, especially elementalist things and trust me, it will get only worse. Just dont touch Riptide.(...)

This was meant to reduce the random evade spam. While ele does still not have the highest amount of evades (thief) or blocks/invulns/stuff, I would like to see the randomness reduced. In general, I admit, this should only happen together with nerfs to other classes (aegis spam, low CD blocks etc.).

I got more:

• Reduce CD of Ride the Lightning. 15s baseline or 10/20s if you want to keept the "on hit, reduce CD" mechanic. Make it somehow comparable to Swoop and Rush. This way dagger can be used as the offensive/mobility weapon and focus for utility/bunkering.
  • Give sword, scepter an aura and staff another one. Staff can be chosen freely, scepter would benefit from Shocking aura (giving some sustainability) and Sword could get Magnetic aura (no overlap with off-hand weapons) on a dual skill - maybe even double-attuned, should be fine.

@xp eke xp.6724 said:i have some questions:what should be the strengths/ weakness of each elite spec? and how should they synergie with the different vanilla playstiles? (i mean also the strenghts of each posible vanilla build addapted on the elitespec, or what uniceness strenghts the elite specs should bring)

atm weaver feels a little of the old dd build (with less power but more anoying evades), or like a better fa. Tempest on the otherside, feeled like the old spamming aoe staff ele or also a supporter (that he was too weak on vanilla-times).

But how much new mechanics should the specs have and how much of the old playstiles it should bring back?

also should elitespecs allways be stronger then vanilla? and on witch way should it be stronger/weaker?

last thing: how much posible playstiles should be playable on each mode?

ofc i would like to know this also on each profession but the discussion is only about ele^^. I think its more important to know how many playstile options we want and make them smoth as posible.

This doesn't answer everything, but core ele and all other core specs should get buffs to compete. Simple things can help core ele, like more barrier creation added to skills or change armor of earth to pulse stability instead of give it all at once.

Upgrade conjures! Also, just like how they recently upgraded core Rev to have a mechanic specifically for core, they can do the same for ele. Give reasons to be core!

This is going to sound weird, but Greatsword Mesmer has always felt WAY more like how elementalist should feel and play in PvP than Mesmer should. Glassy, long range, very straightforward abilities, big burst damage that can carry a team. I feel like that sort of playstyle is something Arenanet should go out of their way to encourage on Elementalist in general. I get that being super sustainy and healing yourself with water spells is one of the main archetypes people want from elementalist, and there should always be room for that, but I think most people when they pick up elementalist want a long ranger nuker damage carry.

After path of Fire Fresh Air Weaver and I really enjoyed the presence of that build just because it put more sorcery in this swords and sorcery RPG but it got nuked... real hard. I only see two or three players even run it in ranked.

Sword as a weapon tool kit is lame. It doesn't feel like being a Magic Knight or a spellsword, wielding a sword to cast devastating elementalist magic. Sword should almost feel like scepter but with a close range auto attack. Your auto attack is melee but your 2 and 3 skills tend to be ground targeted area of effect skills like Phoenix and Dragon's Tooth are. It's just about the most boringly designed tool kit in the entire game.

I think I'd like to see elementalist receive a very deliberately designed Righteous Instincts style bandaid. Something that will let them get a bit more sturdiness so that damage variants can run Valkyrie and still do damage so they actually have a bit of sturdiness and don't die to a stiff breeze. Something like:

Burning Heart:Gain precision for each point of vitality from your gear. This precision bonus is decreased by every point of healing power from your gear.

That way you can get more elementalists playing more exciting, less sleep inducing damage variants, bring a much needed to style of character to GW2 PvP we just don't see much of at all. And it'd be designed in a way to give us damage variants but not allow sustaining support or bunker elementalists to take advantage of it by giving them both high damage and self healing.

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Lul. Eles still complaining? Your class is very good in 1v1 battles! If played right.

Name what classes we have a good match up against. I'll wait.

Well I don't play ele so I could be wrong but I think it would be easier to name the classes you are bad against: holo, soulbeast, spellbreaker.

HolosmithRevenantSoulBeastWarrior of all variantsCore GuardDH (somewhat)Thief of all variants except maybe CondiMesmer of all variants except maybe CondiNecro of all variants

Oh man, it's great to be weak against literally most classes other specs because of lack of any meaningful traits compared to that whole list.

Ele is not realty a class in gw2 just a collection of armor and trates that realty any other class can pull off better. There some massive bugs that in effect nerfs the class at the time of a roll out of wepon buff all because a name was changed with out any real communication from anet about it. For sure anet dose not think ele is a real class.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Lul. Eles still complaining? Your class is very good in 1v1 battles! If played right.

Well I don't play ele so I could be wrong but I think it would be easier to name the classes you are bad against: holo, soulbeast, spellbreaker.

HolosmithRevenantSoulBeastWarrior of all variantsCore GuardDH (somewhat)Thief of all variants except maybe CondiMesmer of all variants except maybe CondiNecro of all variants

Oh man, it's great to be weak against literally most classes other specs because of lack of any meaningful traits compared to that whole list.

In my experience of plat 3 eu ranked you are underestimating weaver with this list. I hiiighly doubt you lose 1v1 to thief for example.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Rev, thief, mes and necro shouldn't be an issue?Maybe mantra mes if thats what you meant

That's a DD Tempest point of view though

@Quadox.7834 said:

In my experience of plat 3 eu ranked you are underestimating weaver with this list. I hiiighly doubt you lose 1v1 to thief for example.

Yeah... That list is exaggerating a bunch. Of course, builds are different so each build handles counters differently.

In my experience, core guard and Rev counter hard cause of their burst. All the others are challenging but not impossible.

Theif is the only class I truly laugh at when fighting. Ele is a great dueling class