Warrior Arc Divider is bugged.

Vieux P.1238

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:
hahahahaha ..plz deny it.

Woodstock didn't even attempt to dodge it, because they weren't expecting it.There's a huge difference between being unable to do something and being able to do something, and not doing it.Granted, Berserker shouldn't be an opener, (And nerfing fury signet would fix that), but it's hit packets are not bugged. if you press V those hits will miss. I don't know what else to tell you.

No one skill should be critting for 20k plus. It doesn't matter the tell. It doesn't matter how glassy one builds. That level of damage should be impossible in PvP.

Then Anet needs to give zerkers their sustain back when they do rebalancing. I'm not taking a loss of my core mechanic, adrenaline tied traits and a 300 toughness for no reason.

Either make Primal bursts not count as bursts internally so they dont proc the obscene vuln stacks and additional benefits from the Arms line/ Nerf Fury signet so zerkers cant open with berserk mode, or revert the change completely and put all the sustain back. Because a flat damage nerf will make zerker even worse than it was and it was already pretty unviable.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:

Woodstock didn't even attempt to dodge it, because they weren't expecting it.There's a huge difference between being unable to do something and being able to do something, and not doing it.Granted, Berserker shouldn't be an opener, (And nerfing fury signet would fix that), but it's hit packets are not bugged. if you press V those hits will miss. I don't know what else to tell you.

No one skill should be critting for 20k plus. It doesn't matter the tell. It doesn't matter how glassy one builds. That level of damage should be impossible in PvP.

Kinda like with how braindead Turret Engi WAS, and Mirage was before the dodge nerf, and how obnoxious soulbeast is?

I agree, Berserker in it's current state is oppressive to some builds and braindead in it's own way. And CAN be oppressive overall with it's 4 button playstyle if backed up with a Firebrand maybe (It's oppressive because it flat it out baits double dodge IMMEDIATELY because of back to back Arc Divider vs. non-teleport builds, this build FORCES you to play a teleport build)

I press 4 buttons, and all your defensive cds and endurance dodges gone just like that unless you can teleport and wait out my berserker mode [And then after my berserker mode is down, you can just kill me and I can't fight back without core F1]. It's badly designed. Pair this up with a Firebrand maybe and it might be cancer vs. EVERYTHING.

Signet of Fury > Arc Divider > Blood Reckoning > Arc Divider "high skill cap combo" (like with what Mirage/Soulbeast have in similarity)

I can't defend this garbage design.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:

Then Anet needs to give zerkers their sustain back when they do rebalancing. I'm not taking a loss of my core mechanic, adrenaline tied traits and a 300 toughness for no reason.

A lot of classes have had core mechanics nerfed for an elite specs over performance. Are we going to compensate the other classes as well?

@"Vieux P.1238" said:

(Since the other thread was removed. I'll repost this.)

Interesting that warrior mains are coming to the defense of their class using the same excuses that mesmer and thieves gave that in no small part were shot down for the sake of a kitten arguement like " it's not fun" etc. Saying the same things like

• it has a long animation
  • it's got an obvious tell
  • it's a combination of skills
  • warrior doesnt have X so it's ok
  • warrior hasnt been viable so this is ok
  • just dodge
  • you can block it.
  • but what X class!

If you complained about one class because it wasnt good then. Then it's not good for anyone.Continue with the Hypocrite show though always a good time to see people stumble on themselves

@"BadMed.3846" said:I'm not singling out Berserker here. I meant any spec should not be able to hit that hard in
one single hit
. Nerf or not, I guess time will tell how it plays out.
Any sort of extremely high damage output
is not good for the game. Same goes for extremely tanky builds too. What's the point? Let's get it in the middle where everyone can enjoy the game.

Arc Divider isn't a single hit though.

I agree with the core of this premise, but with the addition that the high damage output either be
untelegraphed or frequently castable.
I italicized the portions I take issue with. Soulbeast maul from stealth? needs looking at. Mesmer burst from stealth? needs looking at.

A warrior spending time in a fight, perpetually visible, with a visible animation before he gets access to his burst damage and then the burst damage itself spread over 3 packets? Still an issue, but not as much as the above two. There's a clear indication you should start dodging/leaving or die. I am fine with high damage
as long as the move has a telegraph.
That's why I don't complain about Death's Judgement.

You can get hit with the first or last cleave and be fine if you're not a glass thief, even if the warrior has poured everything in terms of utilities into that burst. Going to look into this more. The fact that they nerfed eternal champion and made it so there is no stab on entry to zerk mode probably means it can even be interrupted with trivial things, like steal/headshot/any daze/any ranged cc.

One thing is certain though. If the direction Anet is taking is to give every spec a really strong/carry mechanic/synergy, fine. But if you're going to yank arc divider's damage because it's too high for what it provides, soulbeast, herald, holosmith, deadeye and the gimmick chronoburst need addressing at the same time or close behind.

At this point the only thing Anet needs to do is buff ele and (maybe, I need to look at weakness synergy)daredevil a bit more, tbh. They're the last underperforming specs at this time.

Please dont buff ele...Its sort of in a good spot, it just needs its traits and leaps fixed as its not currently working.

Leaps for auras dont proc traits. Otherwise the class is somewhat solid aside from a few tweaks, DD Tempest anyway.

@Solori.6025 said:A lot of classes have had core mechanics nerfed for an elite specs over performance. Are we going to compensate the other classes as well?

You say that like I have been for nerfing core traits to fix the overperformance of elites at any point.

No? Though I dont think you ever were worried about the nerfs to others either.Nerfing core traits and skills is now common practice.Were it to magically change. ( it probably won't) I would expect core traits and skills nerfed or removed the past year and a half be compensated or reverted.Though knowing Anet. They will take the easiest path. That means nuking it from orbit and letting it sit there for 6months until another rework or expansion comes

@Solori.6025 said:

@Solori.6025 said:A lot of classes have had core mechanics nerfed for an elite specs over performance. Are we going to compensate the other classes as well?

You say that like I have been for nerfing core traits to fix the overperformance of elites at any point.

No? Though I dont think you ever were worried about the nerfs to others either.

Uh.

yeah.

I was.

Even with the portal nerf and confounding suggestions. You were there too actually~

I play every class in the game to some degree, I am not for my spec or build getting weaker to fix one that is being abused in any case. It's obnoxious and pointless to have to rebuild even when you are deliberately avoiding the cheese.

But I mean, if being bitter helps you feel better, maybe be bitter at someone that hasn't been saying "nerf from the top down" consistently. I'm aggressive against mesmers because, being a warrior main, I tend to get cheesed by them -a lot-, but if nothing else I try to be reasonable.

@"Velimere.7685" said:oWMk0JQ.pngArc Divider is fine, guys!

How is it possible to hit such big numbers? I never did that sort of thing with any class, in any build, in any game mode. My most powerful hit in pvp was probably the famous Spellbreaker dagger 3+4 combo hitting for 16 000 dammage with 25 stacks of might, 3 stacks of berserker's power and demolisher's amulet.

Everytime I see such ridiculous numbers, it's impossible for me to find this serious.

@Edge.8724 said:

@"Velimere.7685" said:
oWMk0JQ.png
Arc Divider is fine, guys!

How is it possible to hit such big numbers? I never did that sort of thing with any class, in any build, in any game mode. My most powerful hit in pvp was probably the famous Spellbreaker dagger 3+4 combo hitting for 16 000 dammage with 25 stacks of might, 3 stacks of berserker's power and demolisher's amulet.

Everytime I see such ridiculous numbers, it's impossible for me to find this serious.

run arms, discipline, berserker with burst precision berserker amulet and blood reckoning.

use fury signet -> frenzy -> berserk mode -> arcdivider -> blood reckoning -> arc divider.

you burn your heal and utilities in exchange for 10ishk crits per hit. if you use blood reckoning fast enough the damage from the second arc divider will add its damage to the golem, making it look like 60k.

Its real, just misrepresented. it's the zerk version of oneshot maul except it requires you to burn your heal and two utilities.

@Kolly.9872 said:

@"Velimere.7685" said:
oWMk0JQ.png
Arc Divider is fine, guys!

lol, you wait for an enemy player to let himself put loads of vulnerability, let you get to 30 adrenaline points, raise the power and let him hit twice with arc divider? If we rely on the numbers that can be done to static golems in, anyway there would be other things even more broken

That kind of dmg should never exist neither under advantageous conditionsHmm, ok let's nerf meteor shower from ele, because on a berzerker power glasscanon build it does about 8k to 5 targets with one single hit of Meteor Shower when the stars align.

Point is; we need realistic conditions to judge about DMG etc, no other info then a DMG number to "proof" something is similar to someone taking a picture of the horizon claiming the earth is flat.Pls add the build/condis/boons/DMG modifiers from other classes etc with picture proof and then we can have a discussion about the DMG being to strong or not.

I got hammered a couple of times on my necro by that arc divider, but I'm getting used to it.I'll give it a week before I talk about DMG being to big, to weak etc. Let it settle, get your muscle memory going and look how far you can adjust before crying for nerds/buffs/whatever.

On a side node:To me right now, it just feels bad to play against, but not necessarily op when compared to the rest of the match you are in:10 seconds of "ouh damn, better run for my life, followed by "that thing there? Ignore it, it's not a threat anyway.

No? Though I dont think you ever were worried about the nerfs to others either.

Even with the portal nerf and confounding suggestions. You were there too actually~

Hmm maybe I'm only remembering your aggression towards mesmer. Or your absence during the aftermath of the vigor, sword, and illusion trait line nerfs.Its meh though.

I play every class in the game to some degree, I am not for my spec or build getting weaker to fix one that is being abused in any case. It's obnoxious and pointless to have to rebuild even when you are deliberately avoiding the cheese.

But that is the path of least resistance for Anet. It shouldn't be done. But it will be. And that's one of the reasons this is no longer my main game.

But I mean, if being bitter helps you feel better, maybe be bitter at someone that hasn't been saying "nerf from the top down" consistently.

I'm not bitter? Wondering why you take responses as personal attacks though...

@"Solori.6025" said:I'm not bitter? Wondering why you take responses as personal attacks though...

I'm not taking it as a personal attack. I am just reading 'general bitterness' in your tone. There's plenty to be bitter about, I just wanted to make sure that I straightened out any implication that may be hiding there. If it isn't there then I apologize.~

As for-

the aftermath of the vigor, sword, and illusion trait line nerfs

I can't bat for everything 24/7. /shrug But as I said, I am generally against gutting core mechanics for elite overperformance.

But that is the path of least resistance for Anet. It shouldn't be done. But it will be. And that's one of the reasons this is no longer my main game.

jumping from "weak" to "weak, but useful" and then back to "weak" in two balance patches doesn't seem to be par for the course for Anet, but I am willing to amend that expectation. Time will tell~

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Zdragon did some additional testing, and it looks like to get the 60k damage that is posted in that picture. you have to:

1. Run full glass (zerk amulet)
  2. Run signet of might
  3. Run frenzy
  4. Run Blood Reckoning.
  5. Run either zerker stance or land headbutt.
  6. Burst, then immediately use Blood Reckoning and burst again after popping signet of might and frenzy.

.... so you burn your heal, all your cooldowns, on a glass build, for 60k damage, evadable, over close range.This is literally the zerker variant of the chrono oneshot build or soulbeast 27k maul build with absolutely NO sustain AND a telegraph, over multiple attacks that are clearly visible.

Please provide context before trying to pass arc divider off as broken with a cropped screenshot. it makes you look like a kittenhole.

I've changed my mind on this. If you want to pull this from the game at this point, you need to pull chrono instaburst, Deadeye instaburst, Soulbeast instaburst and any other class that can shovel all of their utilities for one or two attacks that do ridiculous damage.

The fragility of berserker considerably less of a handicap when paired with a dedicated support firebrand, at which point the massive AoE damage with one hit kill levels of damage, spammable with huge area of effect is more oppressive than Firebrand Scourge ever felt. Having gone up against a few try-hard premades in unranked today running Firebrand Berserker, I think slotting in a Berserker for team damage over a scourge is MAT winner viable. Greatsword mesmer and Deadeye and Soulbeast burst aren't really good candidates for being supported and then carrying the entire team's damage the way Berserker can. Still I am aaaaallll for nerfing mantras and the Chronomancer damage traits.

Despite the insane damage and synergy with, I think Berserker's presence isn't that dire. Offensively power crept stuff is annoying because we're going to see a ton of them, but they don't alter the flow of the entire game mode the way scrappers do. It's a significantly less dire situation than postbuff Scrappers when every game had 3-4 of them and they were grinding the entire game mode to a halt.

Is every balance patch from now on just going to pick one random build and super charge them to absurd levels from now on? First scrapper, now Berserker.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:
hahahahaha ..plz deny it.I got hit yesterday with a 19k backstab while i was half afk aswell,Nerf stab !! Right ?

yeah, cause backstab is a AoE skill and Thief have acess to damage immunity as well and highest HP pool...damn, havent played this game for months, but its funny that people will allways be be biased towards the broken stuff that Anet made, is allways balanced aslong is the profession that you play...you cant be okay with this and be against Mirages, Soulsbeast, Core Guardian, Holo, etc.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:
hahahahaha ..plz deny it.I got hit yesterday with a 19k backstab while i was half afk aswell,Nerf stab !! Right ?

yeah, cause backstab is a AoE skill and Thief have acess to damage immunity as well and highest HP pool...kitten, havent played this game for months, but its funny that people will allways be be biased towards the broken stuff that Anet made, is allways balanced aslong is the profession that you play...you cant be okay with this and be against Mirages, Soulsbeast, Core Guardian, Holo, etc.

Dont think you quite understand the post i made then.Its not a skill comparison nor is it a class comparison.It was more so about the guy showing a vid where hes being afk and then complain about the damage.While in reality theres numerous ways to avoid this in an actual fight.As i could have also done by simply,not being afk while being hit by a 19k stab.

I also never mentioned being against slbs,guards or holos.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:wiki says the coefficient is 1.4. so how is it hitting this hard? maybe the coefficient is 1.4 for each of its 3 hit or something, totaling 4.2? or just a bug like OP says. idk its weird for sure.

Damage modifiers and +300 power

what about decapitate for example? anyone test that out, since its 2.5 and should technically hit harder?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:wiki says the coefficient is 1.4. so how is it hitting this hard? maybe the coefficient is 1.4 for each of its 3 hit or something, totaling 4.2? or just a bug like OP says. idk its weird for sure.

Damage modifiers and +300 power

what about decapitate for example? anyone test that out, since its 2.5 and should technically hit harder?

A single decap would most likely be higher than a Single hit gs burst ( not counting all hits). I havent ran axe that often yet myself though,only on day one and did see average hits of 12 - 15k or so.