If you want to play core Necro in WvW

Shroud.2307

I've been having a lot of fun with a Celestial/Grieving build. Both for 1v1's and small scale it's quite effective!

Build herehttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArd3Yjc0QtN2aDG3A/NO+FKYSHAfQspX3Kg+EjRwC-jFiHQB2U/wyOCAMR5XAeIAA4EAQHlgKS9nNs/QAgEgbmNzmZzA3sNbz2sNbzcdGVGVG1RdUJFwiS2A-w

I've been feeling like I want to take Staff for the utility and the benefits it provides for kiting but I can't decide which weapon set is worth trading it for. If I swap out Axe I lose most of my power damage and if I swap out Scepter I lose most of my condition damage.

Anyway, I don't think this is a new idea. Pretty sure Cele core Necro has been used and discussed before but I wanted to share. If you're looking for an effective core build, this one is quite strong. A little adjusting with the weapons and utilities may help to better suit your needs. This is just how I prefer to play it as of right now.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:I'm using this on core:

Oh a Terrormancer? That looks quite fun. Probably very high damage bursts when someone is Feared from the looks of it. Do you think Staff is needed for this kind of build?

Hm. Im only playing staff when I know, that a thief is around. So they have a harder time stealing.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I've been having a lot of fun with a Celestial/Grieving build. Both for 1v1's and small scale it's quite effective!

Build herehttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArd3Yjc0QtN2aDG3A/NO+FKYSHAfQspX3Kg+EjRwC-jFiHQB2U/wyOCAMR5XAeIAA4EAQHlgKS9nNs/QAgEgbmNzmZzA3sNbz2sNbzcdGVGVG1RdUJFwiS2A-w

I've been feeling like I want to take Staff for the utility and the benefits it provides for kiting but I can't decide which weapon set is worth trading it for. If I swap out Axe I lose most of my power damage and if I swap out Scepter I lose most of my condition damage.

Anyway, I don't think this is a new idea. Pretty sure Cele core Necro has been used and discussed before but I wanted to share. If you're looking for an effective core build, this one is quite strong. A little adjusting with the weapons and utilities may help to better suit your needs. This is just how I prefer to play it as of right now.

I think there's better food for your Necro than Veggie Pizza. Pretty much all conditions we apply already have long durations. With a meta where condi gets cleared too quickly, I would recommend Damage Reduction food or maybe Golden Dumpling since you have high crit chance for more synergy with your might runes.