Upcoming Balance Changes, 4/23/19

Justine.6351

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost the entire new salvation trait line now works outside ventari too and its just amazing. So much healing and a nice amount of barrier mitigation every 3 sec and also perma -15% incoming damage even while solo.

My herald is now facetanking stuff, which before took lots of micromanaging to kill or i couldn't solo at all and now i literally don't need to change my build or anything to run group content and stuff.

Thumbs up from me to Anet this time

After looking at in-game skill/trait values: (For WvW mostly)

• New F2 - Still sticking to my original thoughts that the Ventari version is pretty bad. It does speed up it's own CD slightly, but objectively worse than the other 3 imo. Also i don't think the RET trait which makes RotGD also lower condi dmg by 50% works with the F2 version, might've been a nice touch.
  • New staff 2 - @ 900 healing power ~800(1200 on hit) heal, with the same cast time as before... not impressed. They could've just cut the first part of the skill and kept the daze only imo.
  • New staff 3 - 180 range blind... i prefer the old version. Granted it does work better vs multiple enemies in group fights but the previous functionality was nicer for kiting.
  • Updated Orbs/Salvation trait changes - No point in speccing salvation on my own roaming build, @ 900 healing power ~350 heal/pop these are pretty mediocre for self sustain even if traiting for them specifically. The choice for 120 radius is honestly a mystery to me.
    • I'd have to test on full minstrel if some of the new orb traits are worth slotting over pure heal effectiveness increase traits, you can easily spam out 9 orbs with the new [GA] grandmaster. It might be worth it if they increased the radius and duration of the orbs.

In general; Mostly sad about the sacrifice to base heal & HP scaling cut on tablet movement to compensate for the orbs. The new staff #2 is a let down. On the upside, free 25 energy for my core rev weeeeeeee.

Edit: New F2 is unavailable underwater, lol.

I believe the ancient echo skills are quite underwhelming. I believe that a better idea would've been a minor form of each elite skill in addition a short boon.

Mallyx - gain 3 seconds of embrace the darkness and 3 seconds of Resistance

Centaur - knockback (maybe less launch distance than tablet version) that creates fragments or orbs (this would make up for Cc lost on staff 2 for core rev) .

Assassin - create a minor jade wind and twostacks of might for 5 seconds?

Dwarf - Add 3 seconds of stability or retaliation to the existing skill.

Ancient Echo on Jalis effectively makes the elite obsolete. It’s the same effect just 2s less, no energy cost, 1/2 cast time and gives 25 energy.

Good start, but hopefully this shows Anet that Jalis is really in need of an overhaul next. All the core legends aside from Shiro need some heavy updating.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Double nerf to staff with punishing sweep losing its hard hitting cc and warding rift losing its stealth tracking blinding projectiles. Rip "sneaky" drop the hammers. Seriously, people need to learn to dodge things besides red circles. And lol at healing orbs mechanic, of all things to do to renewing wave, put orbs on it lol...

Losing stealth tracking sucks, sure, but 5 target blind means that at least you can actually reliably use it against mirages now. Also, the blind won't get countered by projectile destruction or track down walls/doors/medkits now (although that's not something that happens a lot, so meh.) I think I'd personally get more consistent use out of a reliable blind than I do out of the stealth tracking aspect of it, which is already pretty insanely situational and hard to capitalize on--as oppose to say, just Gaze locking their stealth and blowing them up with swords.

I think core rev might be seriously hilarious for zerg/hammer players though. Unblockable Hammer combos crashing through all the aegis spam has got to be at least a little appealing I'd think.

Think you missed the part about the facing requirement on staff 3.And I think the unblockable buff will only last for 2 strikes instead of 2 attacks. So 2 people might get hit with a drop the hammer that now has both a huge animation and a red ring.

Facing > 3 uncontrollable projectiles.

Yeah ok,Well I guess we can see on tuesday how wonderful the cone will be. Would be surprised if the skill got something for nothing.

Rofl from 600 range pbaoe projectile spread that track stealth down to a forward facing cone with 180 range. Wow amazing improvement.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Double nerf to staff with punishing sweep losing its hard hitting cc and warding rift losing its stealth tracking blinding projectiles. Rip "sneaky" drop the hammers. Seriously, people need to learn to dodge things besides red circles. And lol at healing orbs mechanic, of all things to do to renewing wave, put orbs on it lol...

Losing stealth tracking sucks, sure, but 5 target blind means that at least you can actually reliably use it against mirages now. Also, the blind won't get countered by projectile destruction or track down walls/doors/medkits now (although that's not something that happens a lot, so meh.) I think I'd personally get more consistent use out of a reliable blind than I do out of the stealth tracking aspect of it, which is already pretty insanely situational and hard to capitalize on--as oppose to say, just Gaze locking their stealth and blowing them up with swords.

I think core rev might be seriously hilarious for zerg/hammer players though. Unblockable Hammer combos crashing through all the aegis spam has got to be at least a little appealing I'd think.

Think you missed the part about the facing requirement on staff 3.And I think the unblockable buff will only last for 2 strikes instead of 2 attacks. So 2 people might get hit with a drop the hammer that now has both a huge animation and a red ring.

Facing > 3 uncontrollable projectiles.

Yeah ok,Well I guess we can see on tuesday how wonderful the cone will be. Would be surprised if the skill got something for nothing.

Rofl from 600 range pbaoe projectile spread that track stealth down to a forward facing cone with 180 range. Wow amazing improvement.

On the plus side I hit a Holo for 12k with the new 5 energy/5s cd staff 2, so at least there's that.

Don't much care about the new Vigor (Will probably just run Tranquil Balance now) but the total loss of Regeneration from Ventari / Renegade is pretty big. Regen made up a decent portion of healing from the tablet and helped to keep people near it topped off with its 700-1100 healing per second, removing Regen from tablet left Rev the only healing profession without access to the only healing-based boon. I'm aware you can still get a small amount of Regen from running Spirit Boon in the Invocation line, but investing in an entire trait line for 8 seconds of Regen which only gets applies when switching into centaur is less then optimal.

Also while the healing orbs are nice, the GM trait that causes them to drop directly competes with Selfless Amplification, which means using them requires you to give up 28-32% outgoing healing which isn't really ever going to be worth it.

*Edit - The range on the orbs for healing and the Vigor is also extremely pitiful at 120, which is less than melee range (130) this makes the 'AoE' effect of triggering the orbs nearly impossible to use and almost entirely pointless as an area heal / boon application. This range would need to be at least DOUBLED to 240 for it to start feeling worthwhile, this is before mentioning the orbs tendency to spawn 5-10 feet away from melee so they never trigger anyways. I just tried running an orb-based renegade healing build in Daily Fractals/CM, had to drop the orbs as they were doing nothing.

@Clownmug.8357 said:So it seems like healing orbs are still tiny and fade out of existence before you even notice them. I wonder how healing Revs feel losing ~1k regen ticks for this?

Staff and healing orbs should just be reverted. Orbs are a really bad mechanic, bad enough that buffing them is barely even noticeable because of how bad they are. These things could have their healing buffed by another 50% and they would still have a negligible impact on the game. The only thing slightly good about it is the Vital blessing trait.

These people were always better at designing useless gimmicks than they were at numerical balancing. Guess they want to brag about their brilliant game design portfolios at GDC's where the audience is not aware of the actual impact of their boneheaded decisions.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:So it seems like healing orbs are still tiny and fade out of existence before you even notice them. I wonder how healing Revs feel losing ~1k regen ticks for this?

Staff and healing orbs should just be reverted. Orbs are a really bad mechanic, bad enough that buffing them is barely even noticeable because of how bad they are. These things could have their healing buffed by another 50% and they would still have a negligible impact on the game. The only thing slightly good about it is the Vital blessing trait.

I thinking feels a incomplete change, the orbsCan be a decent mechanic to heal alies, but not in the small radios of rng, besides this game has so much visual clutter that ina team of 3vs3 orbs will bebimpossible to notice in some cases

@LucianDK.8615 said:Yep, couldnt even see where they were. I wish ancient echoes was more widely available. Its good, but no good enough to give up an espec for it.

Sorry if I'm being a bit blunt but I'm new to revenant so my question might seem super noobish. What espec do you have in mind when you say that ancient echo isn't worth losing an espec? Herald doesnt really seem to contribute anything in PvE considering that other class cover boons and it doesn't offer any significant dps modifiers. On the other side, I have found ancient echo to be great for basically reseting my rotation in fractals.

@kasoki.5180 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Yep, couldnt even see where they were. I wish ancient echoes was more widely available. Its good, but no good enough to give up an espec for it.

Sorry if I'm being a bit blunt but I'm new to revenant so my question might seem super noobish. What espec do you have in mind when you say that ancient echo isn't worth losing an espec? Herald doesnt really seem to contribute anything in PvE considering that other class cover boons and it doesn't offer any significant dps modifiers. On the other side, I have found ancient echo to be great for basically reseting my rotation in fractals.

Herald does offer two significant modifiers in the form of Forceful Persistence and Reinforced Potency. It also offers Shiro’s Facet of Nature group lifesteal, which can be bolstered to 10 man with Draconic Echo. Ancient Echo’s 25 extra energy isn’t enough to make Core Power Rev better than what Power Herald does/offers.

And ofc Herald And Renegade are both better than core for support builds and Renegade also offers Power Alacrity and top tier condi builds, which Core can’t compete with.

@VixusIrine.9013 said:I kinda like the new changes, especially the healing orbs. It might be worth running Kalla on healing Rev too with Wrought Iron-will and Generous Abundance. Darkrazor's Daring can pump out a hilarious amount of healing orbs since it can daze up to 5 enemies six times each.

If you’re not running Kalla on healing Ren I’d question what you’re doing. Soulcleave is FUCKING AMAZING and Breakrazor is excellent as well.