Please Stop Awarding Rank Points to Either Team When There Is a DC

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:There are flaws in any system. It's just some are more tolerable than others.

And in your scenario. Maybe. Just maybe. Someone from losing team got angry or humiliated so much that they decide to DC to prevent winning team from progress.

Yeah, but they will get dishonor. The DC also loses rating, so ultimately they are only hurting themselves.They should up the intensity for those that abandon PVP to an hour starting out instead of 16 mins.Maybe someone gets DC cause of bad connection, that hour will give them time to fix it or wait till the internet gets better.I just don't think allowing this to continue is healthy for the game mode.

Edit: Playing a game with 1-2 DCs and a blowout match every couple of matches (2-3), and sometimes more in a row, is not tolerable.

I think the rule should be that the second someone dcs someone on the team that has all 5 players gets put into a penalty box to even the teams out until the dc'd player reconnects. You can even give a UI pop up that allows players to volunteer to be tge benched player before someone is randomly picked.

@Gundam Style.8495 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:if the dc is longer than 90 secs the losing team doesnt lose rating

I know. I am suggesting the winning team to not gain rating in this scenario.

That's a highly abusable feature.

When you get a bye or your opponent forfeits, sure it doesn't feel deserved, but it's a necessary feature for a competition to get through the process.

TL;DR, No

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Khalisto.5780" said:if the dc is longer than 90 secs the losing team doesnt lose rating

I know. I am suggesting the winning team to not gain rating in this scenario.

That's a highly abusable feature.

When you get a bye or your opponent forfeits, sure it doesn't feel deserved, but it's a necessary feature for a competition to get through the process.

TL;DR, No

Coordinated forfeits are also known as cheating, and in no way are they necessary.One of two things is going on, either Anet's chosen servers are getting worse and everyone is getting DC'd so much more frequently, or people are leaving games purposely with ill intentions.Normally, this behavior would only make sense at the highest level, because who throws at anything less than top 250 play?Well, we don't have a huge population, and consequently I am exposed to players at the level frequently. (so much so, that I have become quite accustomed to when they whine the whole game)A bit of confirmation bias: most of my dc games happen when I am "out of my league".If they just afk? That's tougher because Anet hasn't brought down the hammer.You want to know a really highly abusable feature? F2P alts in ranked games

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:I think the rule should be that the second someone dcs someone on the team that has all 5 players gets put into a penalty box to even the teams out until the dc'd player reconnects. You can even give a UI pop up that allows players to volunteer to be tge benched player before someone is randomly picked.

Well, that is a good idea. Put 1 for 1 in a lockout penalty box to keep the games competitive.

@Gundam Style.8495 said:Please Stop Awarding Rank Points to Either Team When There Is a DC.I don't think the winning team earned them, just like the losing team shouldn't lose rank.I get a feeling that if you did this, a good chunk of the DC's in ranked might miraculously clear up.Just give a 0 to both teams.In order for this to work, you need to take an extreme approach to filtering out abuse. Things like seasonal (or longer) bans from ranked play for repeated DCs. And because of free-to-play accounts, you'd also need to look into bans from ranked play for a particular machine/IP.

Given the technical challenges, the current implementation (losing team gets no change, winning team gets points) is the least bad solution.

A bit earlier today I opened a topic suggesting actually the opposite of you...https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74682/still-getting-reward-if-dcd-at-the-end-of-match

In my opinion it is unfair how player who gets dc'd at the end of the match gets zero rewards since it is unable to reconnect fast enough before match finishes...It happened to me multiple times that my client would dc when a team has around 450-470+ points and I would get nothing as reward even if I played that much pretty good...

And to be honest I would be even more annoyed if I would get zero reward as well if someone else from opposite team dc'd at the end of the match as you are suggesting...

Yesterday I played one very close and very fun match - I dc'd when we were leading 480:476 and was very frustrating for me, but would be even more frustrating if we ended up winning but didnt get any reward just because someone dc'd a second before end...

If they did either mine or your implementation suggestion, they would definitely need to game force close (aka rage quit) differently from client losing connection to a server.

@Exedore.6320 said:

@Exedore.6320 said:you'd also need to look into bans from ranked play for a particular machine/IP.is that possible? couldn't someone just use a vpn or proxy or whatever?You create a tag for each PC based on unique criteria like serial numbers of hardware.

well wouldn't that open the users (us) to potential threats if anet got hacked?

It's funny how you see a DC or afk in unranked every let's say 10-15 games. But in ranked every other game has a DC or afk kind of odd the servers would be different from unranked to ranked. Lol the wintrade wars has been going on since season 5. Basically they need to rename ranked to.

4v5/5v4 conquest. Season 12 of wintrade wars.

This kind of punishes everybody, even the people that are completely innocent in that scenario. It's a good thing really that the other 3-4 people on a team with a DC lose 0 points, but imposing that on the winning team as well is kinda.... eh.

Keep in mind, there's no sort of surrender /gg in Gw2, so the winning team is expected to still play it out despite getting nothing for it. That would definitely slow the match down and lead to 15 minutes of wasted time if both teams know they're getting nothing for it.

For this to work you'd need to basically end the match as soon as someone DC's and not count the entire match, and that would really only work to the benefit of anyone wintrading because it speeds up the process while doing nothing to remove the risk of losing rank. And again, just makes the whole match until that point a waste of time for all parties really.

I feel what you're going for could be accomplished by just perma-dishonoring anyone caught wintrading, and increasing the dishonor times for DC's additively. Match Manipulation is against the rules, and it's pretty serious at that. Anything less than a seasons-length ban is laughable, and imo; Anet should start laying down the PvP bans. Not just for future seasons, but retrospectively. All the people who've been exposed and very briefly punished in the past. Like, get this; at the start of the current season there were actually people livestreaming themselves trading wins in ranked for Black Lion keys from viewers with apparent impunity, judging by how they're now well into the top of the leaderboards now.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Exedore.6320 said:you'd also need to look into bans from ranked play for a particular machine/IP.is that possible? couldn't someone just use a vpn or proxy or whatever?You create a tag for each PC based on unique criteria like serial numbers of hardware.

Cant change a MAC address ;)

You can easily fake it though.

In other words: you can change the MAC address that is used in network communication as it doesn’t have to match the one coded into your hardware.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

well wouldn't that open the users (us) to potential threats if anet got hacked?The client hashes/encrypts the data before transmission. The server only needs to store the hashed/encrypted string and has no way to get the real data out. It's a bit more nuanced, but that's the general idea.

@Erzian.5218 said:

In other words: you can change the MAC address that is used in network communication as it doesn’t have to match the one coded into your hardware.

Wouldnt be hard to see through it tho. Its not like like a Wireless NIC. Simple script coded in the launcher could do it.

Dishonour system that prevents queue is flawed. I can simply log out the game and play on the next day or simply play other game modes like pve. The only way to tackle leavers is to force them to win at least 10 games before they can start gaining ranked points. This is how Dota 2 does things. No more leavers.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Wouldnt be hard to see through it tho. Its not like like a Wireless NIC. Simple script coded in the launcher could do it.

Is it though? I am no expert so I have to trust your opinion but considering that hardware bans of different sorts are a common suggestion in order to fix cheating in many popular games (e.g. counter strike and PUBG), there is an awfully low amount of hardware bans. Perhaps, it is not that easy after all (similarly, intel abandoned their idea of unique processor IDs 20 years ago and not only because of privacy concerns).

@Erzian.5218 said:

Is it though? I am no expert so I have to trust your opinion but considering that hardware bans of different sorts are a common suggestion in order to fix cheating in many popular games (e.g. counter strike and PUBG), there is an awfully low amount of hardware bans. Perhaps, it is not that easy after all (similarly, intel abandoned their idea of unique processor IDs 20 years ago and not only because of privacy concerns).

I have a background in computer programming (havent done much since graduating from it back in 2007) and thats one thing I can say for certain, however just like how those in the huge ban wave for PvP when the client searched for potential cheating software, people would QQ hard.