Ventari still has no stunbreaks, can we just get one already?

Shao.7236

I really want to love the legend, it's really powerful and fun to use, but being so handicapped to hard CC is just unacceptable. Even paired Inspiring Reinforcement the synergy just doesn't compensate for the fact that you are on CD and vulnerable to chains for 5 seconds if you didn't get feared away from boon corruption already.

Purifying Essence is the perfect candidate to include a stunbreak with it's cooldown and energy cost, in fact it could have a higher energy cost at 30 with 4 conditions removed rather than 3 to make the stunbreak evenly matched to other legend skills. Cough Rite Of The Great Dwarf Cough definitely should have 30 energy cost or a lower cast time also. Like seriously, all core legends can spam stunbreaks as long as the energy is available, what makes Ventari so special to not deserve the same rights?

Unpopular opinion while on Revenant stunbreaks, Pain Absorption deserves to have a mist animated like ¾ evade. Shiro is overrated and needs to be actually challenged by other options so people actually think of using something else because:

Pain Absorption is awful of a stunbreak in general, prone to get CC'd immediately after you stunbreak.

But yeah when is Dwarf gonna get stability on stunbreak so that it's elite finally stop being so risky to use, it's good but not THAT good.

@Madara.7435 said:wait what? you can use tablet skills while stunned and STILL want a stunbreak? rofl

So can a firebrand with all their mantra's 3 times each and still have 3 stability stunbreaks too with 2 skill sets ready? Do I have to explain in detail their heal functionality as well and how it fairs out better than Ventari in every way yet you think having a stunbreak that cleanses on a 5 seconds cooldown and cost 30 energy would be too much? And before you say that they have those prepare those mantra's, revenant has energy to keep in check. There's a trade off for professions.

Blinding Truths is good, as I said the legend is powerful, especially against strong single attacks, but the lack of a stunbreak rules out any potential and makes it really easy to delete.

Dwarf Ventari is possible to work, Glint Ventari depending on what you face, Renegade Ventari not possible unless you never get CC in Ventari while on legend CD, you'll find yourself always kitting rather than supporting because it's impossible to stunbreak while supporting and any CC lock annihilates the legend even if you are able to keep yourself healed which could potentially be better used on teammates rather than yourself all the time.

Having 1 stunbreak would easily fix this glaring weakness in the legend and make it useful under pressure, which should have always been.

Natural Abundance could turn Energy Expulsion into a stun breaker when used while over 30 energy.Since Energy Expulsion has such a low cooldown and just 10 min energy cost, it'd be too spammable, the 30 energy requirement would ensure you have to have at least 30 energy like with the shiro and mallyx stun breakers.

Versed in Stone could also do the same with the Rite of the Great Dwarf, this time reducing energy cost to 30 and losing an also breaking stun for allies, with an additional +5 energy loss per ally that breaks stun.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:Natural Abundance could turn Energy Expulsion into a stun breaker when used while over 30 energy.Since Energy Expulsion has such a low cooldown and just 10 min energy cost, it'd be too spammable, the 30 energy requirement would ensure you have to have at least 30 energy like with the shiro and mallyx stun breakers.

Versed in Stone could also do the same with the Rite of the Great Dwarf, this time reducing energy cost to 30 and losing an also breaking stun for allies, with an additional +5 energy loss per ally that breaks stun.

Like suggested, yep. 30% is all we need. I'd prefer Purifying Essence though, seems more appropriate.

Been saying that a lot, but IMO Versed In Stone should make it so when you stunbreak, you gain stability and make the condition damage reduction baseline altogether. Steadfast Rejuvenate is plain too good to ignore right now. There needs to be something to compete with that trait.

Yeah I've tested this and its still all kinds of terrible the little balls people required to see them and go to them where red rings will be o'plenty. Meanwhile no stunbreak, no stab, um did i say no stunbreak, and still too much micro management. Its like trying to drive an 18 wheeler inside a nitro factory. Of course you make more balls but thats about it still horrible.

Edit: When I say micromanagement I am referring to first having to move the tablet constantly in the middle of trying to infuse brain cells into people that don't understand the little balls are heals. Then having to move the tablet again and again and again and AGAIN. While being cc'd to death because they see the tablet ever so much more clearly and yes still no stun break or stab this is all kinds of fail.

@Klypto.1703 said:Yeah I've tested this and its still all kinds of terrible the little balls people required to see them and go to them where red rings will be o'plenty. Meanwhile no stunbreak, no stab, um did i say no stunbreak, and still too much micro management. Its like trying to drive an 18 wheeler inside a nitro factory. Of course you make more balls but thats about it still horrible.

Edit: When I say micromanagement I am referring to first having to move the tablet constantly in the middle of trying to infuse brain cells into people that don't understand the little balls are heals. Then having to move the tablet again and again and again and AGAIN. While being cc'd to death because they see the tablet ever so much more clearly and yes still no stun break or stab this is all kinds of fail.

I will be putting time into Jalis Ventari and see how well it goes, the new Ancient Echo has a lot of potential. The Vigor on boon seems EXTREMELY good when paired with Enduring Recovery. Since you can gain stability on evade as well, this could be the way they want it to be played after all, but I still hold into my thoughts that a stunbreak would still be welcomed since EVERY supports gets to have such anyway, asking players to be untouchable is just unrealistic. Seeing other things than just scrappers and firebrands would be nice.

I've actually been having a lot of fun with Ventari/Jalis, I was almost ready to admit giving Ventari a stunbreak would be a mistake, but it still feels a little unfair.

When one team really wants to kill you, you get tossed around so much it's insane, going through your entire stability pulse and stack while you tank it with your elite.

They might use their entire kit on you, but still staying disabled while being a flying rock is just non sense, it seriously needs to be added into the game so that it can be more relevant for CC spam. 4 Conditions removal + stunbreak on Purifying Essence would really do poor Ventari justice, Energy Expulsion is like the only way to stop damage but even that is not enough when you have multiple targets and most are just immune anyway, even with weakness.

The blinds are not enough, mostly considering that stuff like Bullscharge are completely immune to it.