Current Meta PvP builds? Anyone Try anything that works?

EnderzShadow.2506

There's like like 4-5 rangers bouncing around top 50 all playing different things.

You got me, with MM/BM/SB lb/gs soldier runes and demo siamoth and smoke, moment of clarity and remorseless

You got Kiri, WS/BM/SB lb/gs Mara siamoth and smoke

You got mad lord of milk (this guy gives me the lols) running like zerker qz one wolf pack just to rapid fire people. I'm honestly amazed how high this has gotten him. BM/Sb/MM?? Just all pew pew

You got spirits (mime, fake mime?) who I think has had most success with a/a s/wh core ranger wringing a side noder with smoke and bristleback. Ws/nm/BM pala probably

Lexani mostly just standard boonbeast

Core marksmanship bm/ws with lb/gs and double dogs or smoke and wolf or smoke and tiger is also decent with remorseless and moment of clarity.

Ranger is completely out of meta right now. The class is somewhat decent in ranked queues, but no place in team comps. This is mainly because we are in a "teamfight / zerg meta" where each class have specific role tied to them. And we all know ranger is bad at zerging lol. :anguished:

@"kappa.2036" said:Ranger is completely out of meta right now. The class is somewhat decent in ranked queues, but no place in team comps. This is mainly because we are in a "teamfight / zerg meta" where each class have specific role tied to them. And we all know ranger is bad at zerging lol. :anguished:

There are a number of successful Rangers in the top 250.Many of those are very successful in AT's.I've yet to see someone take their builds and perform as well.

But in General, I see what you're talking about.Many of the classes I have come across in games are downright overpowered.

I posted a build a few weeks back in a different thread that basically ended up streamlined as what can be seen on the Sic Em WS/BM/SB build on Metabattle.

I figured that's the way would probably trend if they didn't nerf Sic Em in the latest patch and BoonBeast stayed nerfed alongside a relatively untouched Strength Spellbreaker, Scrapper, and Chrono. Sidenoding has become a crowded role where the person who can fight it out for a sidenode in addition to pushing kills and/or providing teamfight roles ends up being the best choice, and I unfortunately feel that without Sic Em, the other Sidenode builds bring more to the table.

That said, I'm sure there's some build out there that hasn't been explored yet that people can perform with.

In general, I'd say the working components of a successful Ranger build would include stability, protection, swiftness or movement speed increase, enough damage to punish mistakes and push kills, and either or both kiting skills and tankiness.

Beyond that....well, Druid probably doesn't feel great without BM now. Core builds make use of BM. Damage SB builds greatly benefit from BM. WS is the best defensive traitline, adding it to a build immediately increases defenses and defense output. It's hard to imagine a build that doesn't run at least one if not both of these traitlines.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:My old core ranger build with NM/WS/BM a/w + s/a seems to get decent again. But it will depend on how the meta evolves now, since condi classes are basically a counter.But I keep maining my druid like always :)

I play a Vanilla Core Ranger that @Trevor Boyer.6524 Recommended-- Nm, Ws, Bm A/A Sw/wh with Pig and Wolf--Harrier+Mad King

@jcbroe.4329 said:I posted a build a few weeks back in a different thread that basically ended up streamlined as what can be seen on the Sic Em WS/BM/SB build on Metabattle.

I figured that's the way would probably trend if they didn't nerf Sic Em in the latest patch and BoonBeast stayed nerfed alongside a relatively untouched Strength Spellbreaker, Scrapper, and Chrono. Sidenoding has become a crowded role where the person who can fight it out for a sidenode in addition to pushing kills and/or providing teamfight roles ends up being the best choice, and I unfortunately feel that without Sic Em, the other Sidenode builds bring more to the table.

That said, I'm sure there's some build out there that hasn't been explored yet that people can perform with.

In general, I'd say the working components of a successful Ranger build would include stability, protection, swiftness or movement speed increase, enough damage to punish mistakes and push kills, and either or both kiting skills and tankiness.

Beyond that....well, Druid probably doesn't feel great without BM now. Core builds make use of BM. Damage SB builds greatly benefit from BM. WS is the best defensive traitline, adding it to a build immediately increases defenses and defense output. It's hard to imagine a build that doesn't run at least one if not both of these traitlines.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 <--Played a druid build of his that worked very well. The dmg is good but the survivability on nodes is great.Also good in team fights, clutch heals, rezzes and ending downs.

About the soulbeast/boonbeast type buildsI still have one that I like. Nothing special.Some believe in either the Ranger lb +1or a Druid Side noderBut I've found Soulbeast/Boonbeast builds to be a jack of all trades.I can get to nodes, get to mid, drop a clutch heal, hold a point and I can get out of bad situations if I need to.

@"OneOfTheAvengers.3478" said:

You got spirits (mime, fake mime?) who I think has had most success with a/a s/wh core ranger wringing a side noder with smoke and bristleback. Ws/nm/BM pala probably

Spirit is
not Mime. And in a few weeks, I'll be releasing an inf evasion tutorial that will change the entire ranger meta.

pretty sure hes a fake miaz aswell

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:My old core ranger build with NM/WS/BM a/w + s/a seems to get decent again. But it will depend on how the meta evolves now, since condi classes are basically a counter.But I keep maining my druid like always :)

I play a Vanilla Core Ranger that @Trevor Boyer.6524 Recommended-- Nm, Ws, Bm A/A Sw/wh with Pig and Wolf--Harrier+Mad King

Im not a fan of Harrier at all. Having no toughness AND no vitality is too punishing in current meta, especially for Ranger.

@Ashkew.6584 said:

@"OneOfTheAvengers.3478" said:

Spirit is
not Mime. And in a few weeks, I'll be releasing an inf evasion tutorial that will change the entire ranger meta.

pretty sure hes a fake miaz aswell

You can't fake skill or talent. Miaz and I have fought each other for years. I know when its him and he knows when its me. No american ranger is pulling off core axe axe in plat3-legendary.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:I posted a build a few weeks back in a different thread that basically ended up streamlined as what can be seen on the Sic Em WS/BM/SB build on Metabattle.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 <--Played a druid build of his that worked very well. The dmg is good but the survivability on nodes is great.Also good in team fights, clutch heals, rezzes and ending downs.

About the soulbeast/boonbeast type buildsI still have one that I like. Nothing special.Some believe in either the Ranger lb +1or a Druid Side noderBut I've found Soulbeast/Boonbeast builds to be a jack of all trades.I can get to nodes, get to mid, drop a clutch heal, hold a point and I can get out of bad situations if I need to.

He put out that video before the pet nerf in the most recent patch though, right? Or am I remembering wrong....

Yes, Druid was never not viable. It's one of those builds like Mender Weaver though; played well, it can work. BUT, it also requires your teammates to know how to play around a 100% stall build that struggles to quickly pick up kills and gain momentum.

Drawing a comparison to a different role based game - in Overwatch, why play a "pure" Tank like Reinhardt or pure Healer like Mercy (assuming these 2 characters haven't changed much) if your team is just going to run passed your shield or away from your healing?

GW2 has become the type of game where it's better to play a build or class that can do 2 things well than 1 thing great.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

He put out that video before the pet nerf in the most recent patch though, right? Or am I remembering wrong....

Yes, Druid was never not viable. It's one of those builds like Mender Weaver though; played well, it can work. BUT, it also requires your teammates to know how to play around a 100% stall build that struggles to quickly pick up kills and gain momentum.

Drawing a comparison to a different role based game - in Overwatch, why play a "pure" Tank like Reinhardt or pure Healer like Mercy (assuming these 2 characters haven't changed much) if your team is just going to run passed your shield or away from your healing?

GW2 has become the type of game where it's better to play a build or class that can do 2 things well than 1 thing great.

This post 100% sums up my experience as running full support Druid, when the team plays around what I can do it’s absolutely phenomenal, and it can really just steam roll a game.

But if they don’t? Oof, that’s going to be rough game, which normally ends up with me doing ye olden far point strat of bunker till you can’t then run.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

Yeah you're right. Druid did get nerfed, at least the pets.I'll still play the druid when my team doesn't have enough support.It's good in team fights with the heals, stealth rez, stealth stomp, cleaving downs and axe5 can turn the tide of a team fight.

I like to stall the other stallers--the other bunks in this meta.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

This post 100% sums up my experience as running full support Druid, when the team plays around what I can do it’s absolutely phenomenal, and it can really just steam roll a game.

But if they don’t? Oof, that’s going to be rough game, which normally ends up with me doing ye olden far point strat of bunker till you can’t then run.

NEVER GO FULL SUPPORT :p

But seriously, the build I'm running is not full support and I believe that's why it works.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Just looking for something different.

Doesn't seem to be much flavor in PvP builds for Rangers at the moment.
Change my mind! XD

No.

Did you try double shortbow soulbeast with quickdraw?

No, I'd rather jab myself in the eye with a Rusty nail

I bet that would cause more bleed dmg then the 2x s-bow combo.

@Eurantien.4632 said:There's like like 4-5 rangers bouncing around top 50 all playing different things.

You got me, with MM/BM/SB lb/gs soldier runes and demo siamoth and smoke, moment of clarity and remorseless

You got mad lord of milk (this guy gives me the lols) running like zerker qz one wolf pack just to rapid fire people. I'm honestly amazed how high this has gotten him. BM/Sb/MM?? Just all pew pew

Core marksmanship bm/ws with lb/gs and double dogs or smoke and wolf or smoke and tiger is also decent with remorseless and moment of clarity.

@"EnderzShadow.2506" as Eurantien said, there are few builds who make ranger very redoubtable in sPVP.Before the last or last 2 patches, I played http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjOD7kQFohXsjXwkFgrFsUIY5Z3t749pLMDCANdgV3L4kpbVRA-jZxHABcs/AAXEA6LDo8RA47HAAA mostly a boonbeast build.But after last patch, I changed on this one : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAN8itCC2CCctgl/Ab51lBCAPphfwRLv8eejvn0qiTD-jZxHAB6s/w1lBA4SA89DAQ5jAAA . The reason was those 2 bunker classes Engineer and Elementalist. With boonbeast I couldn't kill them, now with this build I don't have that problem anymore.I am not in platinum, I can't go there when I am playing only 1-2 hour/ day between 4-6 AM Londont time. Also my 200 ping it is not so good for a competitive PVP. Still, in Gold (2-3) I am doing pretty well. Last night I beat @Biklen.5490 2 or 3 times in 1 vs 1 in 1 match (we won the match too because his team was weak). His glass cannon build didn't work vs a more versatile build. Like I said before, glass cannon build it is not so good for Ranger in sPVP, it's working in WvW but not in sPVP. Well, maybe you could use it in sPVP if you have a strong team, who can support you, which it is very rare these days in sPVP (Gold rank at least).Anyway, I am very happy with our class, because I consider it is a very good one.

Regards,Dragonzhunter

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:There's like like 4-5 rangers bouncing around top 50 all playing different things.

@"EnderzShadow.2506" as Eurantien said, there are few builds who make ranger very redoubtable in sPVP.Before the last or last 2 patches, I played
mostly a boonbeast build.But after last patch, I changed on this one :
. The reason was those 2 bunker classes Engineer and Elementalist. With boonbeast I couldn't kill them, now with this build I don't have that problem anymore.I am not in platinum, I can't go there when I am playing only 1-2 hour/ day between 4-6 AM Londont time. Also my 200 ping it is not so good for a competitive PVP. Still, in Gold (2-3) I am doing pretty well. Last night I beat @Biklen.5490 2 or 3 times in 1 vs 1 in 1 match (we won the match too because his team was weak). His glass cannon build didn't work vs a more versatile build. Like I said before, glass cannon build it is not so good for Ranger in sPVP, it's working in WvW but not in sPVP. Well, maybe you could use it in sPVP if you have a strong team, who can support you, which it is very rare these days in sPVP (Gold rank at least).Anyway, I am very happy with our class, because I consider it is a very good one.

Regards,Dragonzhunter

Nice :)Checked out your build. Argh....all those 'on swap' traits. Ill have to practice that.If you see me on-- or if you want to mention it here, how do you deal with bunker scraps and eles?

Depending on the team comp, I play either a druid, a gimmick zerk and occasionally a bunker soulbeast.The druid can hold a node vs the FOTM scrappers and sometimes a +1 and stall vs almost any class in game.I wish zerker builds had a chance vs Bunkers. I like the big numbers and I'm a glutton for punishment.And the bunker, eh, the mood hits me sometimes. It doesn't do a lot of dmg, it lives, I share some boons (still ok) and I rez really well

Bik, hehe, wanna make him rage? Play a druid lol.Everytime I've seen him on the other team, we've won.I kind of felt bad at the time.

@"Pedro Sequeira.3198" said:Hello there! Lately i have been meddling with this in gold, i sacrifice dps for durability and team utility support. I am having so much fun with this in pvp. Any questions feel free to send them :) Here is the link http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYD7kgXohXsiXwjXgqFsMJY592f7xtJA84mAOVuLXm7kHUFVA-jpxHQBM8CA4vjAQI2fAAHEgv9AAoXZAA

Good build.Sort of a boonbeast build.No questions :)

Thanks for posting